What's new

Haridwar: Hundreds test positive for Covid at Kumbh Mela

But u said that all who attended kumbh mela...had to provide covid test results(being negative). So why the 1002 infections?
Also...how many days have passed between kumbh mela and the 1002 covid cases? Did all attendees get tested? Is it possible that we will see more cases come forward as more are tested in the coming days?

CoVid test results were valid for 72 hours. So these are people who probably got infected in the meantime.

Random sample testing was done during Kumbh Mela. Of 50,000 sampling done, 594 found positive on one day, 408 positive case on second day.

Its a sample test of 50K and its a continuous process.

Kumbh has VERY LITTLE to do with CoVid spreding. It is just a convenient punching bag for Bigots eager to vent their Hinduphobia.

Average Covid19 cases per day in last 7 days:

1. States with Elections:

Tamil Nadu: 4,804
Kerala: 4,565
West Bengal: 3,040
Assam: 234

2. State with Maha Kumbh:

Uttarakhand: 935

3. States with no elections:

Maharashtra: 56,664
Chattisgarh: 10,607
Karnataka: 7,162
Delhi: 6,969
Hinduphobic should overcome there jealousy, else it will kill them from inside..

Too late for that.

I think they are already dead from the inside. These are brainless Zombies coming to eat our brains.

CoVid test results were valid for 72 hours. So these are people who probably got infected in the meantime.

Random sample testing was done during Kumbh Mela. Of 50,000 sampling done, 594 found positive on one day, 408 positive case on second day.

Its a sample test of 50K and its a continuous process.

Kumbh has VERY LITTLE to do with CoVid spreding. It is just a convenient punching bag for Bigots eager to vent their Hinduphobia.

Average Covid19 cases per day in last 7 days:

1. States with Elections:

Tamil Nadu: 4,804
Kerala: 4,565
West Bengal: 3,040
Assam: 234

2. State with Maha Kumbh:

Uttarakhand: 935

3. States with no elections:

Maharashtra: 56,664
Chattisgarh: 10,607
Karnataka: 7,162
Delhi: 6,969

Too late for that.

I think they are already dead from the inside. These are brainless Zombies coming to eat our brains.

These jealous lot are gonna implode from within. India will march ahead, Hindus have been on earth for ever and will remain on earth for ever. Others have come n gone.

Pakistan marega corona ki maut...zee news.

How ironic.

1618499676726.png

Last edited:
These jealous lot are gonna implode from within. India will march ahead, Hindus have been on earth for ever and will remain on earth for ever. Others have come n gone.
Lol not jealous...I don't care who congregates in India, what their religion is, etc. Ur country, ur lives...do what u please. I'm just watching the show from a distance.

Haha still in denial about hundreds of positive in Kumbh mela but then we forgot that we were going to debate with usual suspects. The somersaults by these sanghis are so perfect that they can get medals in denial olympics.

Attempts to draw false equivalence between the Kumbh Mela and Tablighi Jamaat congregation do not make sense: Here’s why

There are fundamental differences between the two incidents despite the desperation in certain circles to draw false equivalences in order to maintain the 'secular fabric' of the country.

False equivalence between Kumbh Mela and Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Markaz Nizamuddin
Image Credit:

The Kumbh Mela has been underway since the 1st of April in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. Visuals of the Mela have begun attracting criticism from people online. Some with malicious intentions have drawn comparisons between the Kumbh Mela and the Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Markaz Nizamuddin last year.

There are fundamental differences between the two incidents despite the desperation in certain circles to draw false equivalences in order to maintain the ‘secular fabric’ of the country. It is also being suggested that the congregation is in violation of Covid-19 rules, again a clear case of misinformation.

The Uttarakhand Government has permitted the Kumbh Mela to proceed with strict rules and regulations. There are rules in place to ensure the safety of citizens. A Covid-19 negative RT-PCR report, not more than 72 hours prior to arrival, has been mandatory for attending the festival. As a consequence, the crowd this year is much lower than previous years.

In addition, all entry-points to Uttarakhand have Covid-19 testing points. At Haridwar Railway Station, passengers either have to produce a negative RT-PCR test or go through the same by the health department. Sanitizer dispensers have been set up at Har ki Paudi and special Covid-19 isolation centers have been set up as well.

Masks and social distancing are also being enforced to the extent that it is possible. Therefore, clearly, rules have been enforced in order to mitigate the possible spread of the novel Coronavirus. Contrast all such precautions with the Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Markaz Nizamuddin last year.

It was still the early days of the pandemic and the virus was not widespread as it is now. Thousands were confined within a single structure in extremely confined places without any adequate arrangement for Covid restrictions.

To make matters worse, attempts were made to hide the extent of infection and attendees of the Markaz Nizamuddin carried the virus far and wide across the lengths and breadths of the country with them. When authorities pleaded them to come forward on their own, they refused to do so.
When authorities managed to track them down, in some instances, there was violence because the Jamaatis were not willing to subject themselves to isolation voluntarily. Even among those who were transferred to hospitals and isolation units, there were many who engaged in deplorable conduct that included sexual harassment and spitting on purpose on doctors and nurses.

All of this contributed to the negative coverage the Tablighi Jamaat received. If the matter was restricted to infection at Markaz Nizamuddin alone, then most people would have been sympathetic to them. However, the matter immediately escalated into uncooperative conduct, sexual harassment of medical stuff, defecating in inappropriate places and deliberate attempts to flout law and order. It was such horrifying behaviour that led to the negative coverage.

For instance, there were the occasions in Delhi when Jamaatis spat on healthcare workers. In Uttar Pradesh, those lodged at the Ghaziabad Hospital made lewd remarks, roamed around the hospital naked and made obscene gestures at the female healthcare staff. In Kanpur, some of them again misbehaved with the hospital staff. Some at another location even demanded that they be served beef. These are only a few specific incidents but the list is endless.

Such behaviour is entirely absent at the Kumbh Mela. There are devotees participating in auspicious events observing due religious norms. For people to even attempt to draw an equivalence between the event and the Tablighi Jamaat congregation reeks of desperation and the fervent desire to sweep the atrocious conduct of the Jamaatis under the rug.

Furthermore, there is evidence to indicate that transmission of the virus is comparatively much lower in fully open spaces than indoors. Needless to say, the crowds at the Kumbh Mela are outdoors while the Markaz Nizamuddin congregation was held indoors.

In light of all this information, the attempts to draw false equivalence between the two falls flat.
How do you write such nonsense with straight face?
First you said everyone was tested - And now we have hundreds if not thousands of cases
Secondly you say spread is lower in open spaces - mind explaining why there were lockdown and mandatory 6 feet distance
Thirdly tableeghi jamat did their congregation when virus was relatively unknown while Kumbh mela is happening when India is hitting highest ever cases per day.

The only people who are afraid of other faiths are the ones who are launching programs of beef ban, Ghar wapisi, Destroying mosques and criminalizing muslim men marrying Hindu girls.

How do you write such nonsense with straight face?
First you said everyone was tested - And now we have hundreds if not thousands of cases
Secondly you say spread is lower in open spaces - mind explaining why there were lockdown and mandatory 6 feet distance
Thirdly tableeghi jamat did their congregation when virus was relatively unknown while Kumbh mela is happening when India is hitting highest ever cases per day.

The only people who are afraid of other faiths are the ones who are launching programs of beef ban, Ghar wapisi, Destroying mosques and criminalizing muslim men marrying Hindu girls.

1 I did not write it, I only posted it.

2. What is the link between testing and new cases ? You think if we test 100% we will not have new cases ?

3. Closed spaces promote virus spread, finds study

4. Tableegi jamat tried to hide, Kumbh mela pilgrims submitted coVid test results.

Thats like asking why water is wet.
Most of us only get to hear on news the influence of likes of Anjem Chaudhary on some sections of Pak diaspora in UK. Here we get to see it first hand
I think it happens more in big cities where i live it started with a small Punjabi Muslim and Sikh community and we all got along. At school, we had to stick together because it was very racist I got life long friends who are Punjabi Muslims same with my parents. My cha cha and dad along with their pakistani friends would go to NF marches in our town and Gravesend to defend our communities. My cha cha and his pakistani friend went to prison for a couple of years for GBH because of it and he could not go to the states like my dad because of it his green card application was refused. The old mill towns and generally up north have less jobs and that's what I think has radicalized some of the youngsters people take advantage. South asians in my area have mostly done very well we have done so much in business and in education. That has shaped my views and im glad of it . My dad's generation of Pakistanis did not have this problem there was sikh and Pakistani gangs in Birmingham but that was because there was racism they were targets of abuse but they worked hard and prospered . I have nothing but respect for all South Asians of that generation all the hardships they faced and now look how well they did

I think it happens more in big cities where i live it started with a small Punjabi Muslim and Sikh community and we all got along. At school, we had to stick together because it was very racist I got life long friends who are Punjabi Muslims same with my parents. My cha cha and dad along with their pakistani friends would go to NF marches in our town and Gravesend to defend our communities. My cha cha and his pakistani friend went to prison for a couple of years for GBH because of it and he could not go to the states like my dad because of it his green card application was refused. The old mill towns and generally up north have less jobs and that's what I think has radicalized some of the youngsters people take advantage. South asians in my area have mostly done very well we have done so much in business and in education. That has shaped my views and im glad of it . My dad's generation of Pakistanis did not have this problem there was sikh and Pakistani gangs in Birmingham but that was because there was racism they were targets of abuse but they worked hard and prospered . I have nothing but respect for all South Asians of that generation all the hardships they faced and now look how well they did
Is this during and 80s and 90s when nationalist British Govt existed?

Is this during and 80s and 90s when nationalist British Govt existed?
It started in the 70s by the 80s you had the national front skinheads in every town. British jobs for British workers was a slogan i can remember which meant for whites, not us. I remember someone sprayed apple on the wall in front of our house which meant all p word please leave england . There was a time when you had a fight nearly every week at school but we took no shit my dad said to me he dont care if i fight in school if someone called me a racist word or started it i would not get in trouble . The south Asians we all stuck together we knew each other families it was a proper community helping each other . By the 90s it fizziled out and a lot of laws started to take effect . but then after 9 11 they had a scapegoat to hate again and i notice it coming back more since the EU referendum . But not the best judge because i here only a few months a year i live in Northern california no

It's not what I see mate and the Indians are at it as well. And I'm, not a sensitive sikh i heard a lot worse nothing new its just getting boring nothing new same insults at each other. Dont know why you had to mention my faith . Bashing each other's faith is not making anyone tough it shows a lack of respect for others and a failure somewhere in the upbringing. Dont consider someone who lives by respecting others faith and culture as a sensitive weakling . I was always taught to judge the man not his faith dont be a bully never be bullied wounds heal but backing down the feeling never goes away so not sensitive but just feelling old miss my family and bored out my head and these the times im tempted to get a packet so come here and try to learn but that the old pdf these days its what i described . Carry on my brother im gonna listen to Led zeppelin and see someone lose their shit on pdf
I recommend "Kashmir."
Attempts to draw false equivalence between the Kumbh Mela and Tablighi Jamaat congregation do not make sense: Here’s why

There are fundamental differences between the two incidents despite the desperation in certain circles to draw false equivalences in order to maintain the 'secular fabric' of the country.

False equivalence between Kumbh Mela and Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Markaz Nizamuddin
Image Credit:

The Kumbh Mela has been underway since the 1st of April in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. Visuals of the Mela have begun attracting criticism from people online. Some with malicious intentions have drawn comparisons between the Kumbh Mela and the Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Markaz Nizamuddin last year.

There are fundamental differences between the two incidents despite the desperation in certain circles to draw false equivalences in order to maintain the ‘secular fabric’ of the country. It is also being suggested that the congregation is in violation of Covid-19 rules, again a clear case of misinformation.

The Uttarakhand Government has permitted the Kumbh Mela to proceed with strict rules and regulations. There are rules in place to ensure the safety of citizens. A Covid-19 negative RT-PCR report, not more than 72 hours prior to arrival, has been mandatory for attending the festival. As a consequence, the crowd this year is much lower than previous years.

In addition, all entry-points to Uttarakhand have Covid-19 testing points. At Haridwar Railway Station, passengers either have to produce a negative RT-PCR test or go through the same by the health department. Sanitizer dispensers have been set up at Har ki Paudi and special Covid-19 isolation centers have been set up as well.

Masks and social distancing are also being enforced to the extent that it is possible. Therefore, clearly, rules have been enforced in order to mitigate the possible spread of the novel Coronavirus. Contrast all such precautions with the Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Markaz Nizamuddin last year.

It was still the early days of the pandemic and the virus was not widespread as it is now. Thousands were confined within a single structure in extremely confined places without any adequate arrangement for Covid restrictions.

To make matters worse, attempts were made to hide the extent of infection and attendees of the Markaz Nizamuddin carried the virus far and wide across the lengths and breadths of the country with them. When authorities pleaded them to come forward on their own, they refused to do so.
When authorities managed to track them down, in some instances, there was violence because the Jamaatis were not willing to subject themselves to isolation voluntarily. Even among those who were transferred to hospitals and isolation units, there were many who engaged in deplorable conduct that included sexual harassment and spitting on purpose on doctors and nurses.

All of this contributed to the negative coverage the Tablighi Jamaat received. If the matter was restricted to infection at Markaz Nizamuddin alone, then most people would have been sympathetic to them. However, the matter immediately escalated into uncooperative conduct, sexual harassment of medical stuff, defecating in inappropriate places and deliberate attempts to flout law and order. It was such horrifying behaviour that led to the negative coverage.

For instance, there were the occasions in Delhi when Jamaatis spat on healthcare workers. In Uttar Pradesh, those lodged at the Ghaziabad Hospital made lewd remarks, roamed around the hospital naked and made obscene gestures at the female healthcare staff. In Kanpur, some of them again misbehaved with the hospital staff. Some at another location even demanded that they be served beef. These are only a few specific incidents but the list is endless.

Such behaviour is entirely absent at the Kumbh Mela. There are devotees participating in auspicious events observing due religious norms. For people to even attempt to draw an equivalence between the event and the Tablighi Jamaat congregation reeks of desperation and the fervent desire to sweep the atrocious conduct of the Jamaatis under the rug.

Furthermore, there is evidence to indicate that transmission of the virus is comparatively much lower in fully open spaces than indoors. Needless to say, the crowds at the Kumbh Mela are outdoors while the Markaz Nizamuddin congregation was held indoors.

In light of all this information, the attempts to draw false equivalence between the two falls flat.
WHO guidance is explicit and clear. Maintain social distancing with or without a negative covid test.

Quit while you're behind instead of being so stubborn and bigoted towards your fellow Indians. Kumbh Mela is a fail.

I recommend "Kashmir."

WHO guidance is explicit and clear. Maintain social distancing with or without a negative covid test.

Quit while you're behind instead of being so stubborn and bigoted towards your fellow Indians. Kumbh Mela is a fail.
Love kashmir live at knebworth bonzo smashed it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom