What's new

Harder & harder to be a Muslim everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you should move to Pakistan and fix things.:tongue:

Yes, I'm thinking about moving there soon. I've been looking for jobs there & stuff. Let's see how it goes, I'm very excited about it. The Western media here always likes to over-hype the situation in Pakistan, I was there a year ago, & things were pretty normal there. People were going about their everyday activities as usual. That's why I implied it's hard to be a "Muslim in America" these days, through some fault of Muslims & of course Western countries as well.

Yes, I'm thinking about moving there soon. I've been looking for jobs there & stuff. Let's see how it goes, I'm very excited about it. The Western media here always likes to over-hype the situation in Pakistan, I was there a year ago, & things were pretty normal there. People were going about their everyday activities as usual. That's why I implied it's hard to be a "Muslim in America" these days, through some fault of Muslims & of course Western countries as well.

Hard, but you have it better then most people in Pakistan/South Asia in general. We have it good here guy, stop being a pansy.

Did someone call you a terrorist?

No, fundo extremist. I was at this rally at midtown Manhattan with friends on "Palestine rights", as someone invited me to it. Israel has become a pretty touchy subject here (in New York especially), especially since many people here thinks Obama is a Muslim & hates Israel, & Pakistan & the rest of the Muslim world has become the focus on everything.

nah..relax...its not that bad.
WOT is a systematic plot to fill us with shame about our religion and our way of life....same way as african slaves were systemetically filled with shame for being black...hence creating the inferiority complex and slave mentalty.
something similar is being done to muslims.

That's why I implied it's hard to be a "Muslim in America" these days, through some fault of Muslims & of course Western countries as well.

Btw, you should see what some Sikhs go through here with the bread and turban n all. And they are not emo bout it.

No, fundo extremist. I was at this rally at midtown Manhattan with friends on "Palestine rights", as someone invited me to it. Israel has become a pretty touchy subject here, especially since many people here thinks Obama is a Muslim & hates Israel, & Pakistan & the rest of the Muslim world has become the focus on everything. Listening to the media here these days is driving me crazy.

just switch off the tele for a bit and u will be ok

Many Muslims today need to learn on how to respect their nation first before their quest for the "Muslim Ummah". Muslims living abroad in foreign nations conduct themselves better than many Muslims living in their own home countries. How can one treat their home like this?
What you call a nation is a very new and relatively foreign concept among the Last Ummat. They've till the last century had the freedom to not be divided among nations. This Nation State concept hasn't yet found a resolution among our scholarship, not hte least due to the latter having become disenfranchised during colonialism and later rather stagnant, and there's not enough guidance for today's Muslims how to be in a Nation State, or even whether one is permissible.

nah..relax...its not that bad.
WOT is a systematic plot to fill us with shame about our religion and our way of life....same way as african slaves were systemetically filled with shame for being black...hence creating the inferiority complex and slave mentalty.
something similar is being done to muslims.

Nah.. This is pseudo victim mentality. I agree that stereotyping Muslims as terrorists is as wrong as it gets, but this is no plot mate. Its just an extremist minority (among Muslims) giving a bad name to a silent (and mostly confused) majority...Very similar to what happened in Germany before world war II

I am a Muslim..and i do'nt think it is becoming harder to remain one !
..What Pakistan needs is separation of the state from religion!

This is not just Pakistan's problem, it's a whole problem in the Muslim world, doesn't matter what country you are from. It's a huge image problem here in the West, some of it justified, most of it not. The West does not have a lot of understanding of the Muslim world, or the actions of their nations. But many Muslims don't have an understanding either. How can anyone think of Muslims along the lines of extremists? Why do certain Muslims even give the slightest bit of excuse for anyone to think like that?

I hope no one is offended by my thread, & I welcome the moderators to take it down & delete it. Had a bad day, a lot of things I have said might have offended people, I have no right to brandishing others like that, or have a holier-than-thou attitude, because I am not better than anyone, & I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I'll probably look back to this thread later when I've cooled down, & tell myself how I made a fool of myself here.

Had a bad day, a lot of things I have said might have offended people, I have no right to brandishing others like that, or have a holier-than-thou attitude, because I am not better than anyone, & I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I'll probably look back to this thread later when I've cooled down, & tell myself how I made a fool of myself here.

My friend, you didn't make fool of yourself, because it's a forum. We just don't care.:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom