What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we have heard that IAF is getting more interested in MiG-35s and may be they will going to be offered some used MiG-29s from Russia as well.

But I think IAF will going to see some MiG-35s as its still under development:
Mikoyan MiG-35 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where did you heard it? From PDF fan boys??? lol

There is no chance of mig 35 in IAF as they lost the mmrca competition and we are not going to buy old mig29s from Russia. So don't ask the same question again.

So what about MMRCA?

I think IAF like both Rafale and EF-2000s, though heard that the requirements from IAF is about 200+(might be 300 in total due to lack of availability of LCA in coming future too.) So what would you say for that.

So what about MMRCA?

I think IAF like both Rafale and EF-2000s, though heard that the requirements from IAF is about 200+(might be 300 in total due to lack of availability of LCA in coming future too.) So what would you say for that.

If you want to know about MMRCA competition, go to MMRCA thread.

As far as LCA concerned 40mk1 ordered(20 IOC standard, 20 FOC standard). We can see LCA mk2 over 100 numbers as 99 engines ordered from US.

But we have heard that IAF is getting more interested in MiG-35s and may be they will going to be offered some used MiG-29s from Russia as well.

No, we have heared that the Russians keep offering it to India, not that IAF wants it.

No, we have heared that the Russians keep offering it to India, not that IAF wants it.

IAF loves it's MiG 29s. After the SMT upgrade they love it more. So there will be no qualms from IAF if the MiG 35s are given a go ahead from the government.

IAF loves it's MiG 29s. After the SMT upgrade they love it more. So there will be no qualms from IAF if the MiG 35s are given a go ahead from the government.

No, if Dassault lose the chance then we go to 2nd bidder EF. MIG-35 is in 3rd third priority list.

Don't be silly- the MIG-35 wasn't even shortlisted- it failed much of the passing criteria. Th eonly reason the IAF likes the MIG-29UPGs are because of the significant improvement over the MIG-29Bs and that these UPGs are now a very good platform for the price. However when comparing the UPG to the Rafale or EFT the UPG and -35 aren't quite on the mark.

Don't be silly- the MIG-35 wasn't even shortlisted- it failed much of the passing criteria. Th eonly reason the IAF likes the MIG-29UPGs are because of the significant improvement over the MIG-29Bs and that these UPGs are now a very good platform for the price. However when comparing the UPG to the Rafale or EFT the UPG and -35 aren't quite on the mark.

@Abingdonboy; Well that is certainly one of the reasons why the MiG-35 faded out of consideration. But the bigger reason is that: in the MRCA play-off; the IAF was looking not just for an aircraft but for an entire Weapons Platform and Package. That is really the part that pushed the MiG-35 out of the reckoning.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Abingdonboy; Well that is certainly one of the reasons why the MiG-35 faded out of consideration. But the bigger reason is that: in the MRCA play-off; the IAF was looking not just for an aircraft but for an entire Weapons Platform and Package. That is really the part that pushed the MiG-35 out of the reckoning.

Indeed and the MIG-35 doens't bring anything particularly new to the table, leaving aside its radar and optronics, that the IAF and IN aren't getting with their MIG-29UPG and K/KUB respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aap phir shuru ho gaye :P
Wait brother , Saint Antony give final ultimatum to achieve FOC of Tejas till December 2014 if they fail to this then we both attack on DRDO & IAF
soldier_baby18.gif

I think the DRDO officials are least worried about the ultimatum, because elections are before December 2014 and then Saint Antony will be history.

Wrong, they liked the once they have, but don't wanted to add more. That's why they prefered additional M2Ks, be it 2nd hand once or new once in the first MRCA competition, over Mig 29SMTs, or why they rejected the Mig 35 in the M-MRCA. The time of the Mig is simply over, especially in IAF!

I think the DRDO officials are least worried about the ultimatum, because elections are before December 2014 and then Saint Antony will be history.

Defence, foreign & finance policy is not child play which you change according to your wish. Btw Antony tenure's end in 2014 so he gives such timeframe to achieve those task. If next government form by other allience then their defence minister also take Antony's path or may be more strict to gain the title of father of Indian defence Industry which foundation laid by A.K. Antony.

I think MiG-35 will be acquired as a separate acquisition. And for MMRCA I think but not sure that 100+ Rafale and 100+ Ef-2000 will be acquired.

I think MiG-35 will be acquired as a separate acquisition. And for MMRCA I think but not sure that 100+ Rafale and 100+ Ef-2000 will be acquired.

That order will never be split and we got the perfect multirole aircraft that suited out needs. But in my opinion the MiG 35 is a very good air superiority platform compared to the the rest of the competitors and that was one of the main reasons it lost.

But No MiG-35 will ever come to IAF in MMRCA only things are Rafael and EF-2000 in combine form might come to IAF and F/A-18E-F are exceptioncal cases too.

And if LCA will delay more than its possible that Taiwan and France will going to offer their Mirage-2000s to IAF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom