What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Tejas Mk1 from No.45 Squadron with a iDerby-ER BVRAAM. Pic taken by Deb Rana, posted by Sanjay Badri Maharaj.

FZXGytKWAAQa-w8

Isn’t it supposed to be better that it.
AESA vs PESA and also a newer generation?

then just imagine an AESA Uttam sized to fit the Su-30MKI's radome. It'll be almost twice the size of the Uttam Mk1 on the Tejas, with a lot more electrical power available as well. It'll be a beast!

Tejas Mk1 of No.18 Squadron with 3 drop tanks..ferry configuration..love the DASH HMDS. Will be pretty deadly given it's mated to Python V, R-73E and soon, ASRAAM.

The ferry range is well in excess of 2000 km, as confirmed by Grp Cpt HV Thakur

FZrTbZsaQAADRtc

Tejas Mk1 of No.18 Squadron with 3 drop tanks..ferry configuration..love the DASH HMDS. Will be pretty deadly given it's mated to Python V, R-73E and soon, ASRAAM.

The ferry range is well in excess of 2000 km, as confirmed by Grp Cpt HV Thakur

FZrTbZsaQAADRtc

I really miss these days, the individual unit badges were carried

I really miss these days, the individual unit badges were carried

Absolutely. I miss the squadron badges that were painted on the sides of the noses or on the airframe sides. Added a lot of character to the airplanes and made it a joy to see and also try and aero model them.

Old but superb video on all the technologies and capabilities that were developed in India during and for the LCA program. It is the setting up of capabilities that are the reason why Tejas Mk2, TEDBF, AMCA, etc. are even possible.

And all the IAF keeps shouting is ToT ToT for the MRFA which is nothing more than manuals on how to assemble or repair a fighter. Nobody will teach you all the things that Indian aerospace industry had to learn during the LCA program. It takes funding, hard work and decades to gain these skills working on a program hands on from the ground up.

Back
Top Bottom