What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

@Lord Of Gondor it is confirmed... from Sulur to...

Screenshot_20200818-180612_Twitter.jpg

https://www.aninews.in/news/nationa...ejas-deployed-on-western-front20200818143044/

Note: Not sure how reliable the info is.
If true then I guess Tejas is at AFS Uttarlai, Naliya will have the MiG-29UPG on a det from Jamnagar(First Supersonics 28)
and so ruled out.
Plus no single engined jets are employed for ops over the ocean as far as I know.

It is a big day for Indian aviation. The last time an indigenous fighter was deployed in a combat role at the border was when HF-24 Maruts were still in service. That is of course if we discount the Ajeet, which was an indigenous development of the Gnat.

Times of India is also reporting it as are other national newspapers, so it seems genuine. The No.45 Squadron Tejas fighters have apparently been deployed at forward air bases since June 2020.

Livefist is coming out with an article on this news shortly. :)

We can arm LCA with meteor if our AESA radar is indigenous. MBDA will allow hopefully

As I recall, when MBDA refused to allow the Meteor to be integrated with the Tejas Mk1A fitted with the Elta 2052 AESA radar, they said that they wanted 2 functioning prototypes of the radar to be delivered to MBDA in addition to details regarding data formats and radar's capabilities. Not sure whether IAF and LRDE will want to hand over one or two Uttam radars to MBDA for them to work on integrating the Meteor to the Uttam.

I would not hold my breath, expecting Meteor integration with Uttam. The Astra MK2 based on the SFDR technology is a far better prospect in terms of possibility of entering service with the Tejas Mk1A and Mk2.

I don't think it'll take 10 years. First prototype will fly in next 5 years.

F414 is bigger than F404. It'll take a full redesign. F-18 powered by F404 first flight 1980. F-18 powered by F414 first flight 1995. A whole 15 years later.

Tejas Mk 2 powered by F414 should have first flight in 2030.

At the current rate of things, I won't be surprised by 2030. Pray for long life.

Production by 2030 is ideal.

Tejas Mk 2 will take a while. 10 years from now it could have first flight.

Nope. Metal cutting on the first prototype of the Tejas Mk2 MWF will be next year. Expect the first prototype to roll out in 2023 and first flight 6-8 months after that, if things go as planned currently.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom