What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

LCA_Tejas_13.jpg

LCA_Tejas_16.jpg

uYeFxVm.jpg

Y8YL9pO.jpg

Last edited:
14991455_1201880969906349_3907516781843384260_o.jpg

Presenting an image of KH-2018 (LSP-08) with 2x1200 Ltr DT, 2xCBLS, LDP and 2xCCMs. There is a tiny practice bomb (3 Kg) on the right CBLS. These practice bombs are normally used to prove the attack modes before the real or actual weapons are fired.

15000631_1202429426518170_8581548066037143950_o.jpg

KH-2015 (LSP-5) taking off with a heavier configuration..

#TejasOfficialArchive #Tejas_LCA #NFTC #IADN

NO FANBOYS AND PATRIOTS PLZ

could someone educate me with the airframe life in hours of LCA ?

NO FANBOYS AND PATRIOTS PLZ

could someone educate me with the airframe life in hours of LCA ?

Dont think anyone can tell you for now. Mig 21's are flying across the world. It will depend up on the budget and training of the air force to keep it on sky. LRU's will be replaced at their EOL and the frame may fly forever.

Dont think anyone can tell you for now. Mig 21's are flying across the world. It will depend up on the budget and training of the air force to keep it on sky. LRU's will be replaced at their EOL and the frame may fly forever.
Pardon me but could you explain in an easy way as i am not good with abreviations. thnx :-)

Pardon me but could you explain in an easy way as i am not good with abreviations. thnx :-)

Sorry.

LRU or Line-Replaceable Unit. EOL or End of Life.

Everyone knock on India for Tejas not achieving FOC(Final Operational Clearance) and not being 100% indigenous. Warranted and correct.

FOC not being achieved should not be taken too seriously. As the jet just got commissioned. The SOP's will get formed and soon it will reach FOC. SOP is the Standard Operating Procedure. How to use the jet, how to replace parts, how to fight, how to train etc etc. Even F35 is in IOC or something.F35 coming from an Industrial veteran. Then Imagine where a newly industrialized third world country will be. But I digress.

In LCA numbers are thrown around from 60% to 70% Indian components. From the composite airframe to avionics. to small nuts and bolts to pipes. from relay units to fuel pumps. They all are LRU's. complete Indian. Does it warrant chest thumping? Yes. Why? During a conflict, import maal LRU's can and will be not sold to you. If it is Indian, we can produce them.

Now coming to jet life. The FOC will take minimum 2018. No jet can be FOC'ed in 1 year. And LRU's are completely Indian. You find wear and tear, you replace them. This is an Industry standard. The more local the product, the more easier it will get. Take any commercial jet airliner. The jet is almost new at any given time. The C1, C2, C3 checks keep them new. All the parts NEED to be replaced.

Now the push for Indian Tejas makes sense.

Another example, Indias first fighter jet, the HAL Marut. Was EOL'ed early. Why? Engine was not Indian. Tejas also have the same Achilles heel. If the Sarfan JV doesnt bring the K9 and K10 products online. Kiss Tejas goodbye in 25 years.

Back
Top Bottom