What's new

HAL releases CGI of FGFA

ironman

Reaction score
Country
India
fgfan.jpg

The proposed FGFA will have air combat superiority, high tactical capability, group action capability in the regions even with poor communication support. The aircraft will have advanced features like
 Increased Stealth - Low radar cross-section (RCS), Internal deployment of weaponry
 Supersonic cruise and supersonic maneuvering capability
 Data link and network centric warfare capability.

Technical Parameters

Length:22.6 m

Height:5.9 m

MTOW:34 Ton

Range:3880 km

Speed:2 Mach

Max Weapon Load:2.25 Ton (Int.) & 5.75 Ton (Ext)

Thrust Vectoring:With Jet Nozzle (±15 º)

Engine Thrust:2X14000 kgf

FGFA will be co-developed with Russians. Sukhoi Design Bureau (SDB) has been selected as the Russian agency for this development project.

http://hal-**********/futureproducts/products.asp
hal-india

So I'm guessing you guys won't have the TVC nozzles like the F-22?

So I'm guessing you guys won't have the TVC nozzles like the F-22?

Technical Parameters

Length:22.6 m

Height:5.9 m

MTOW:34 Ton

Range:3880 km

Speed:2 Mach

Max Weapon Load:2.25 Ton (Int.) & 5.75 Ton (Ext)

Thrust Vectoring:With Jet Nozzle (±15 º)

Engine Thrust:2X14000 kgf

It will have "three dimension vectoring" means it will have thrust vectoring in both Pitch and Yaw axis.... F22 lacks TV in Yaw axis.

Lets see what additional advantage this aircraft gets for having 3D nozzle..

It will have "three dimension vectoring" means it will have thrust vectoring in both Pitch and Yaw axis.... F22 lacks TV in Yaw axis.

Lets see what additional advantage this aircraft gets for having 3D nozzle..
Well the only advantage such a capability can add- greater manoeuvrability.

Well the only advantage such a capability can add- greater manoeuvrability.

That enhanced capability will be there, for sure.. It will earn more standing ovations in air shows.

That enhanced capability will be there, for sure.. It will earn more standing ovations in air shows.
We both know what you are implying but of course super manoeuvrability is critical in aerial warfare.

lol...even a Kindergarten kid can release a better CGI than this...
HAL never ceases to surprise people..

We both know what you are implying but of course super manoeuvrability is critical in aerial warfare.

You are getting me wrong dude, I am implying nothing..I am not at all denying its capability of high alpha maneuvers, you can reread my previous posts.. Super manoeuvrability is absolutely critical in aerial warfare especially in dogfight engagement. Where did you find me implying something covertly?

lol...even a Kindergarten kid can release a better CGI than this...
HAL never ceases to surprise people..

Actually it's a three dimensional model ( I think designed in UG ) the snap shot which was taken at odd lookin angle. I seriously doubt that this pic was released by HAL.

You are getting me wrong dude, I am implying nothing..I am not at all denying its capability of high alpha maneuvers, you can reread my previous posts.. Super manoeuvrability is absolutely critical in aerial warfare especially in dogfight engagement. Where did you find me implying something covertly?

Sorry bro, must have misunderstood what you were saying.

It's all good.

Actually it's a three dimensional model ( I think designed in UG ) the snap shot which was taken at odd lookin angle. I seriously doubt that this pic was released by HAL.

I was thinking the same thing as there are some major differences to PAK-FA prototypes we have seen to date.

Is there any aircraft today (or planned) that has 3-d thrust vectoring, other than this one?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom