What's new

HAL in Top 50 Aerospace Firms Flight Global Report

John Reese

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Is aerospace riding an economic super-cycle? Our annual Top 100 analysis documents another boom year, but the coming period may be more challenging Gary Redford represented by Meiklejohn DAN THISDELL LONDON Aerospace industry financial data from 2014 underscores the obvious: this industry is riding a decade-long growth wave. Our analysis, com - piled by the aerospace experts at PwC, shows that, barring a wobble during the darkest days of the financial crisis, makers of aircraft and their suppliers mostly sloughed off the down - turn and then surged during an otherwise weak recovery.

Indeed, aerospace can be said to be enjoying an economic super-cycle. All-time sales records have fallen two years running, and growth is pushing double digits. The big two, Boeing and Airbus, are delivering aircraft, and taking orders, at rates that would have gobsmacked industry bosses 15 years ago – validating, it would seem, long range demand forecasts that are giving today’s aerospace leaders the confidence to invest. Can it go on? The optimistic assumption has long been that rising wealth in emerging markets is translating into a demand for travel that will endure – and aerospace growth has been outpacing world GDP for years.

But Brazil and India are on the buffers. Russia is suffering and only a fool would assume that a Chinese crisis – and hence, quite possibly, a global crisis – is out of the question. The slump in oil prices takes the urgency out of replacing ageing, relatively thirsty, aircraft fleets. And turmoil in the Middle East might lead US and European governments to boost defence spending, but the net effect of conflict would surely be negative. But as many an industry insider has noted, even if half the orderbook evaporated, the aerospace industry would still be in fine shape

HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS is At 36 Spot

@Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA @MilSpec @SpArK @gslv mk3 @Nilgiri @Joe Shearer
https://d3fod5fkpt74ph.cloudfront.n...75e3e615/f99aa5ad15a843bb899aa1f24f215e1e.pdf

flight global-page-001.jpg
flight global-page-004.jpg
flight global-page-005.jpg
flight global-page-006.jpg
flight global-page-009.jpg
flight global-page-010.jpg
flight global-page-012.jpg

Last edited:
Some reason I didn't get your tag showing in alerts.

Nice post, thanks! Long way for India to go still.

Interesting . I was expecting LM at 2nd position .

Passenger airline business is still with US and because of that they are on top along running military aviation in parelel .

Engine tech still rules . Thus GE in top 5

But Kawasaki at 34 and Irkut at 50 ? I didn't see that coming ! Where is Mikoyan ? ( sorry, from mobile. Limited view . BTW , PDF is having any official app ? I saw one in App Store but don't think it's authentic @waz )

Saab at 48 and they will create a new aero space eco system for us. :woot::enjoy:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom