What's new

Hail the new Chief! - General Qamar Javed Bajwa

He has just been appointed so we need to see how he performs. Gen. Raheel Sharif earned the respect with his honest and hard work. Furthermore, set the bar and now all the successors will be judged against it and I hope the new COAS is able to live up to the standards set by his predecessor / senior.
He'll live up to it. Gen. Sharif was also in a similar position, and not a lot of people actually agreed with his appointment as COAS.

Keep in mind, the COAS is merely a voice for the army, the institution is bigger than one man. A lot of the operations that Gen. Sharif authorized, they were in planning for years before hand. The up coming Punjab operation was being planned under Gen. Sharif, but Gen. bajwa will likely be given credit, as he will likely give the go ahead for the operation.

He'll live up to it. Gen. Sharif was also in a similar position, and not a lot of people actually agreed with his appointment as COAS.

Keep in mind, the COAS is merely a voice for the army, the institution is bigger than one man. A lot of the operations that Gen. Sharif authorized, they were in planning for years before hand. The up coming Punjab operation was being planned under Gen. Sharif, but Gen. bajwa will likely be given credit, as he will likely give the go ahead for the operation.
I have nothing against, I haven't said anything bad about him so why I'm getting the impression that you think I don't like him?
Sir, I just said I will wait a few weeks or months to see in which direction he takes the operations both against internal and external threats.
However, I'm sure that if Gen. Raheel Shareef has shortlisted him, then of course he would be a capable officer and he has seen him perform under his command. But definitely the true capabilities are demonstrated once the bane of responsibility is thrown at the person. So I'm a realist and optimist ... so let's hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I have nothing against, I haven't said anything bad about him so why I'm getting the impression that you think I don't like him?
Sir, I just said I will wait a few weeks or months to see in which direction he takes the operations both against internal and external threats.
However, I'm sure that if Gen. Raheel Shareef has shortlisted him, then of course he would be a capable officer and he has seen him perform under his command. But definitely the true capabilities are demonstrated once the bane of responsibility is thrown at the person. So I'm a realist and optimist ... so let's hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed.
Oh no, it was more of a general statement meant for every reader, not necessarily you.

Also, Gen. Sharif can only give one recommendation, the COAS isn't in charge of finding a candidate. An example would be his own appointment.

Back
Top Bottom