What's new

Haier’s Phone Assembly Plant in Pakistan to Start Operations from April 1st

What is the situation on phone theft? I remember I was in Pakistan 10 years ago and phone theft was all the rage
overall situations has drastically improved in all phases of life not just theft.

MUAHAHAAHAHA!!! Love it when a plan comes together. I've been talking about this for two years. Laptops, then Smart Phones (Mobile computing really), and then Tablets and Consumer Electronics!!!

Offshoot of this, would be development of a local Semi conductor industry and significant R&D for future product development. This R&D will benefit every other existing or new industry across Pakistan and will put her in the category of Korea in the next 15 years. Not to mention hundreds of thousands of high paying hardware, software and management jobs this industry will create :tup::tup:
equating us with Korea is nothing but sheer optimism,
I hope that happens though.

:rofl: :angel: sorry, jealous? The 15 year was exaggerated actually. The actual target is 10 years :enjoy:. There is no reason for any "government support" here (which they already have by the way, if you read the tax and profit incentives carefully :lol:).

There is a growing user base in Pakistan, then there is the Chinese, Central Russian and the ME user base. And Haier brand just purchased the Consumer Elecronics division of General Electric. So these products being developed in Pakistan, will make it across the globe. You'll start to see profits within the next 3-5 years. But to develop the entire Semi Conductor industry like KOREA, I am giving it 15 years (although the current government in Pakistan wants to speed up that work like the CPEC and do it in 10 years). But I am being conservative in my estimates!!! :enjoy:

err.not jealous but practical.We( India) have been assembling phones for quite some time now,around 5 years now, but still there is a lot that is needed to be done to establish a complete electronic manufacturing environment in the India.Also above that, Pakistan does not possess India's strengths like a strong IT Industry or a strong electronic designing sector(I don't quite remember the exact term for this).

"Haier brand just purchased the Consumer Elecronics division of General Electric. So these products being developed in Pakistan"

Also, how is Haier purchasing GE's Consumer Electronic's business related to more products being developed in Pakistan. Also Haier does not have a R&D center in Pakistan,correct me if I am wrong.

Still no price difference with foreign made products though quality difference is there.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom