What's new

Habib Jalib’s daughter’s hefty electricity bill

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

LAHORE: Lahore Electric Supply Company (LESCO) Chief Executive Mujahid Pervaiz on Wednesday took notice of Habib Jalib’s daughter’s hefty electricity bill amounting to Rs75,000.

According to a LESCO spokesperson, "The LESCO chief executive has called for a transparent investigation and said that all necessary help will be provided to her."

LESCO had sent legendary poet Habib Jalib’s daughter an electricity bill amounting to Rs75,000.

A resident of Mustafa Town in Lahore, Tahira Habib Jalib lives in a 2.5 marla house with her sisters and their children.

Speaking to Geo News, Tahira said, “I am the sole bread-winner of the family and I drive a car to earn money.”

“The car that I am driving is brought on loan,” she shared.

215219_8077036_updates.jpg

Tahira Habib Jalib drives a taxi to earn living. Photo; Geo News

Referring to political leaders who use her father's poetry in their political messages, Tahira said, “These leaders use my father’s prose in their speeches but they do not take notice of the troubles faced by his children.”

Born as Habib Ahmed, Jalib was born on March 24, 1928, in Hoshiarpur village. He migrated to Pakistan after partition and worked as a proof-reader for an Urdu daily, Daily Imroze in Karachi.

215219_9177549_updates.jpg

The 2.5 marla house where Tahira lives with her two sisters and their children. Photo: Geo News

Writing in the language of the common man, his work and message were understood by all social classes. A progressive writer, he became the voice against then dictators; General Ayub Khan and General Ziaul Haq.

When Jalib passed away in 1993, his family had refused to accept the government’s offer of bearing funeral expenses.

His family has often complained of government apathy; they claim they started receiving the royalty for his book 20 years after his death.

@Retired Troll ..ya kia ho raha haa...Jalib ki bati LESKO ka dhaka kha rahi haa....

illaja e ghum nahi karta ....bass taqrir karta haan

Janaab ghalti per hath nahi chori per kat te hain.

Me ajkal roz dua maang raha ho mere Account me paise na nikal ayen.

Zakaat lene wala nahi bacha poray mulk me. Aap awein Pareshan hain.

LESCO chief takes notice of Habib Jalib’s daughter’s hefty electricity bill

Itny zyada bill ko, wapda ky nizam ko main nahi manti main nahi janti.

its not mkistake.... they add line 'losses and other losses'.... this losses are actually payment of other's theft... we dont have losses that much but theft is put also in losses....

pata nahi kitna choroon ka bill ma pa kar raha hoon... line loss distributed to those who pay the bill regularly .And those who steal they are enjoying all luxuries ..

Janaab ghalti per hath nahi chori per kat te hain.

Me ajkal roz dua maang raha ho mere Account me paise na nikal ayen.

Zakaat lene wala nahi bacha poray mulk me. Aap awein Pareshan hain.
Why don't you through you national id card in front of Zardari or Nawaz house, in next few days you will see money in your account.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom