What's new

Gwadar: Iran to build oil refinery

Iran agrees to build oil refinery at Gwadar

Updated : Wednesday February 20 , 2013 10:44:22 PM

Flag-Pins-Iran-Pakistan.jpg

After offering funds for gas pipeline Iran has now agreed to build an oil refinery at Gwadar.

Iranian Oil Minister Rustam Ghasemi has positively replied Pakistan's request for constructing oil refinery in Gwadar.

Iranian Oil Minister President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf separately on Wednesday.PM Ashraf has called the Pak-Iran Gas Pipeline agreement and important development and he also thanked Iran for supplying power to Gwadar.

Iranian Oil Minister said that Iran has completed its share of the work on the gas pipeline and that Iran wants to enhance cooperation with Pakistan in the economic sector.Iranian Minister has completed his one-day visit to Pakistan and the next round of talk over Pak-Iran gas pipeline and LPG import would be held in Tehran.

Iran agrees to build oil refinery at Gwadar,2/21/2013 5:09:00 AM

I wasn't kidding when last week i said that "Iran will join the Gwadar party". A certain group of people aren't gonna like this news...;)

Commenting on the news.... 4 powerful people took a meaning full decision... :coffee:

There is no mention of capacity or the finances involved!
I really really doubt that, Iranian minister can decide about such matters at the spot of the request!

Any official announcement? or just fake news to stimulate the Arab oil haters?

In any case best of luck.

BTW... Tax free ... Indian refined oil, coming via Iran, is widely available in Baluchistan/Sindh... and i'm sure all influential people in Pakistan use Indian refined oil, as it comes at less cost.

Commenting on the news.... 4 powerful people took a meaning full decision... :coffee:

There is no mention of capacity or the finances involved!
I really really doubt that, Iranian minister can decide about such matters at the spot of the request!

In any case best of luck.

BTW... Tax free ... Indian refined oil, coming via Iran, is widely available in Baluchistan/Sindh... and i'm sure all influential people in Pakistan use Indian refined oil, as it comes at less cost.

BATMAN project of this kind are negotiated and decided behind the scene long before they are announced.as far as financing is concerned it clearly says After offering funds for gas pipeline Iran has now agreed to build an oil refinery at Gwadar.

Pakistan has been importing Arab refined oil for long time they had more then enough time to build a refinery in pakistan they didn't infect they refused to sell us oil on credit .

We wouldn't need credit to pay our bills if Arabs weren't busy destroying our economy.if u love pakistan as much as you pretend to why don't you question that.

Arab oil lovers are welcomed to bring in oil refinery Arabs pulled out of Baluchistan with their free will no one forced them out.

I guess Bat mobile runs on ethical oil so every time you pull up to the local petrol pump you ask them if its Arab oil or Indian.

Batman pakistan is open for business go ahead convince Arabs to invest in pakistani economy no one is stopping you infect the more the better.

We do not need agreements.... we need action on ground!

Pipeline is also no where to be seen? Suppliers need minimum 6 months for engineering and about same for manufacturing and no supplier has been approached yet.

I don't really care,,, which oil goes into my car... you are more than welcome to import from Iran.

AFIK.. oil is traded in open market and when you approach Arabs... it is only for free oil.

You can't blame any one if he refuse to give you aid... on other hand we criticize Arab without knowing the facts!

Oil from Iran probbly would be cheaper

a) Not imported via sea route (Money saved)
b) Discounted rate from Iran due to special bond between two neighbour nations

Pakistan should get higher ratio of oil from Iran it makes geographical sense

And at same time , Pakistan can also negotiate good deals with Saudis , as we hope for friendly ties for all muslim countries in Nation away from AMERICAN trickery

Also if goods will be transported from GWADAR to China , the trucks will use oil , and Chinese companies would help finance the payments for oils Meaning trade would grow

Job creation Locally
Oil problem solved

Most likely major roads and infrastructure would get constructed in Balouchistan and Pakhtoon Provinces

Oil from Iran probbly would be cheaper

a) Not imported via sea route (Money saved)
b) Discounted rate from Iran due to special bond between two neighbour nations

Pakistan should get higher ratio of oil from Iran it makes geographical sense

And at same time , Pakistan can also negotiate good deals with Saudis , as we hope for friendly ties for all muslim countries in Nation away from AMERICAN trickery

Also if goods will be transported from GWADAR to China , the trucks will use oil , and Chinese companies would help finance the payments for oils Meaning trade would grow

Job creation Locally
Oil problem solved

Most likely major roads and infrastructure would get constructed in Balouchistan and Pakhtoon Provinces

(b) is not true. Even now Iran is not agreeing to discounting the rates proposed for the gas to be supplied by the IP pipeline.

Back
Top Bottom