Gunmen kill policeman guarding a Hindu in Peshawar

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Gunmen kill Hindu temple guard in Peshawar
Published: January 26, 2014

Two gunmen in Peshawar shot dead a policeman standing guard outside a Hindu temple on Sunday, officials said, later fleeing the scene on a motorcycle.

The attack, which occurred in the downtown Jhanda Bazar area, was the latest target connected to Pakistan’s minorities who make up some two percent of the country’s population of 180 million.

“It appears to be a militant attack. The gunmen killed the lone policeman on duty outside the Hindu temple and then escaped,” Faisal Mukhtar, a senior police official, told AFP.

Hindus are thought to number a few thousand in Peshawar, Pakistan’s frontline city in its battle against Al-Qaeda and Taliban militants, though the community is rarely targeted.

In November last year, a policeman standing guard outside a Pentecostal church in Peshawar was also shot dead by unknown gunmen.

In September, devastating double suicide attacks at the historic All Saints church in the main city area of Peshawar left 82 people dead.

Pakistan is rife with violence against religious minorities as Al-Qaeda and Taliban-led militants regularly target Christian, Sikhs, Hindus, Ahmadi and Shiite communities in the country.

Bad reporting.. Dont think it has anything to do with Hindus or the temple.. Plain and simple attack on security forces..

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un

I hate media, they really don't care when these Security officials are giving up their lifes for the security of the common people. They only care about their PR by not even counting Security Officials. It's not one incident each and every news coming out from Pakistani Media does that.

How much you will eat? No billionaire can take a single penny to his/her grave. You come empty hand and leave empty this is the only truth of Life

@Devil Soul you post very selective news regularly, but never tell us what you exactly are thinking while posting certain type of news?

@Devil Soul you post very selective news regularly, but never tell us what you exactly are thinking while posting certain type of news?
i do express myself regularly while starting a thread, but i guess the ones i commented on are missed by you.. :D

Stupid reporter, what all this incident has to do with minorities, he brought in minorities cause he was standing on duty out side a temple. None of the worshipper was even threatened. He may have been targeted due to some personal enemity or being a soft target.

Taliban are going to target anyone who is protecting the kafirs. Thanks to all the Taliban supporters, this ideology exists. @Zarvan

Back
Top Bottom