What's new

Gujarat vs Bihar: settling the development debate

You don't understand why they are comparing it? Cause people have been goin around saying that Bihar s growing faster than Gujarat and stuff like that undermine Modi.

Nitish is a better administrator. It is not unfair to compare.

Nitish is a better administrator. It is not unfair to compare.

You have no idea. Corruption is rampant in Bihar, so is caste politics. Only difference is that its not as bad as Lalu's time, still far from being being ideal.

Why this guy wanna exclude Mumbai from Maharashtra while comparing?

We need to get rid of these Lalu, Mulayam and Mayawati type leaders!! I fear what would happen if such people become PM ever?? They may sell India completely and bring situation worse than our western neighbour.

Nitish is Not much batter. Shivraj made MP electricity surplus state in Just 3 years. Nitish is a big zero.

People are idiot who think bihar development can be compare to guj.
Nitesh begging for special state right. Childrens are dying and ministers are not taking responsiblity. Nitish playing sickularism politics, no power, no safety.
Whatever debate guj vs ? we are seeing in media is to divert public mind to destroy their sense.

I live in Surat. When I go to my office 20 Km away from my home, I see 5 over bridges construction going on. I see more 4 wheeler than 2 wheeler. I often talk to Rikshwa walas and Lari walas who sells fruit and vegetables. Their per day income is between Rs 700 to Rs 1000. I see a lots of UP guys and Biharis earning a very good amount of Money and supporting their families. Surat has surpassed Gaziabad, Bangalore and Delhi to become No 1 percapita Income city in India and second fastest developing city in India. It is among top developing city of the world.

Nitish is Not much batter. Shivraj made MP electricity surplus state in Just 3 years. Nitish is a big zero.

well I won't say that Nitish is absolutely zero!! He definitely improved Bihar in terms of security because I know how Bihar was absolute Gunda Raj in Lalu's time and before!! I remember there is a village in Gopalganj district in Bihar where Rabri's govt appointed a police chowki with some 7-8 policemen, and you know whithin 4-5 days some criminals came and looted all the weapons and beaten all policemen like anything!! Now such things don't happen there!! But yeah Nitish became arrogand and lost his focus from Bihar lately because of jealousy!!

You don't understand why they are comparing it? Cause people have been goin around saying that Bihar s growing faster than Gujarat and stuff like that undermine Modi.

HUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What a joke! :D

BTW it is also the base size that matters upon which a % is being calculated.

If say X state's net base is worth 1 cr and it is growing at 20%, it is nothing compared to 5% of a Y state with a base that runs 18% of the country's economy.

Oooh a debate. What debate. Here it is from the resident Biharis (me and @Ayush) as long as caste based politics (which is THE ONLY form of politics in Bihar) prevails nothing earth shattering will take place. Although some pretty nifty roads have indeed come up along with a moderately better electricity supply but its still far from remotely adequate. Lots of work to be done to provide the basic infra and utilities required for bringing commerce to the sate and ergo development.

Nitish is Good but not that Good
But he is better than Lallu atleast

For UP we need to gather all Extremist,Castist,Corrupt Politicians & NUKE THEM

Last edited by a moderator:
Nitish is Good but not that Good
But he is better than Lallu atleast

For UP we need to gather all Extremist,Castist,Corrupt Politicians & NUKE THEM

How?

The mentality of UP majority towns and cities (except maybe Lucknow and Noida side which are reasonably developed) is still like that song from Dabangg 2 'thana mein baithe on dootee, bajaye Pandey ji seetee'. :D

Jokes apart, the state is LAWLESS.

And by lawless, I mean it makes even the most notorious parts of Nagaland look safer.

After this it is pretty simple:

No laws --- No safety for companies and individuals ---- No investments ---- No infrastructure ---- High crime rate ---- no development.

And this cycle continues.

Gujarat was also a rural backward and resourceless state with only its dairy industry and a few other smaller industries well-known outside.

The state transformed into what it is today because its people collectively decided to change their mentality. Modi showed them the way and commandeered the whole state. He implemented with an iron will, those things which are the most crucial for development: law, infrastructure, management, redressal, mitigation of nepotism, education, power, water etc.

He didn't drop in from Mars or Jupiter; he came from among the common man in Gujarat.

The reason why that state is a powerhouse today is because of the one single word: MENTALITY.

The youth of UP and Bihar similarly have to change their mentality just like Gujaratis did.

My state Sikkim also has its share of nasty problems and I am fully aware of it.

But the changes that have come under our CM have been very beneficial. Public servants in our states have become much more efficient and much better at working than they were before. Many young people joining in are full of energy and there is a change of the flow being seen in them, no matter how subtle it be externally.

Unless that comes in, we will only continue to run around in a wild goose chase all over the country.

As for nuking these divisive politicians, I don't think they'd be going anywhere near even jails the way UP is currently being run.

But I will say, Nitish at least brought Bihar into this century at least.

Before him, Patna used to look medieval.

Back
Top Bottom