What's new

Green line train exposed

Why would anyone be willing to travel all that distance on a train rather than a plane? They need to increase the speed of the main line.

Why would anyone be willing to travel all that distance on a train rather than a plane? They need to increase the speed of the main line.
Right, This is what I have been saying since last few days.

If your train is doing the same job which your previous trains have been doing in the past then what is the point of starting a new train service when you are neither offering cost-effective solution nor increasing the speed of the main line to cut the time between Karachi and Lahore. It is simply not an attractive product (in my opinion) with 23 hours of journey and 5500 fare

I

If your train is doing the same job which your previous trains have been doing in the past then what is the point of starting a new train service when you are neither offering cost-effective solution nor increasing the speed of the main line to cut the time between Karachi and Lahore. It is simply not an attractive product (in my opinion) with 23 hours of journey and 5500 fare

It's 5500 from Rwlpindi to Karachi ... N still cheaper than flying .

China will invest $3.8 billion to upgrade railway system, which will increase speed up to 160/kmh between Lahore and Karachi. Maybe currently the speed is 80kmh.

China will invest $3.8 billion to upgrade railway system, which will increase speed up to 160/kmh between Lahore and Karachi. Maybe currently the speed is 80kmh.
When I was a child we were busy upgrading the railway line to 140km/hr and after 20 or so years we are still where we were standing decades ago. Our politicians has just destroyed railway in every way possible

I

It's 5500 from Rwlpindi to Karachi ... N still cheaper than flying .
Indeed cheaper after the airfare is increased in my opinion.

But if you compare green line with existing rail services from Karachi to Lahore and also Islamabad you come to know that Green Lone is most expensive one due to obvious reasons of being most luxurious but little bit of relief does not mean you charge fortunes

When I was a child we were busy upgrading the railway line to 140km/hr and after 20 or so years we are still where we were standing decades ago. Our politicians has just destroyed railway in every way possible

Maybe this time China really will upgrade, its part of package. Lets see what happens.

i dont like PMLN but railway is much much better now that previous govt.

Back
Top Bottom