What's new

Greek Security council agrees to fully fence off border with Turkey

Akritas

Reaction score
Country
Greece
1661290880940.png

The Evros fence with Turkey should run the entire length of the border, the country’s national security council agreed on Tuesday.

Relevant ministries and the military will be asked to prioritize which sections of the fence should be built first. The meeting also decided to increase patrols along the frontier to prevent the illegal entry of migrants into the country.

The pressure the country faces on its land and sea borders was high on the agenda of the regular meeting of the Governmental Council for National Security (KYSEA), chaired by Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis.

Migration and Asylum Minister Notis Mitarakis, who had already announced the extension of the fence by around 80 km on Friday, participated in the meeting at the invitation of the prime ministe

The tender announcement was signed today for the urgent construction of a 35km Artificial Barrier in the area of Psathades Didymoteicho to Kornofolia Soufliou, which is the first part of the total 140km.
The fence is necessary to combat illegal immigration
, which is planned and executed by Turkey, in the context of the hybrid war that has prevailed in Greece.

FmVyOPkX0AAaZ8G

In the summer, the rest and the most dangerous 74 km out of a total of 203 km of the Greek-Turkish border will have been sealed with a fence.

FmV8RcIX0AE465m

The fence looks pretty nice! I didn't expect it to look this good!

Is it concrete block or steel cant tell properly from the picture. Something similar Pak should put up on the Afghan/Pak border.
Definetely! I know you guys have some nice forts at the borders,but you need even more protection!

They liked it so much? Nice! Yeah the Poles probably want it for Belarus.Makes sense.
Look at it, the same as the Greek one, obviously so that there is also a visual field on the opposite side.

800px-20220629_Oznakowywanie_terenu_przygranicznego_wraz_z_funkcjonariuszami_Stra%C5%BCy_Granicznej_003.png

Now that's a fence (take note, GHQ, you incompetent nincompoops). My closest friends are Greek. We shared so many similarities. I grew up spending time with them on Easter and New Year's. Great food and family-oriented folks. I've dated many too. I grew up in Flushing and Astoria, NYC.

Now that's a fence (take note, GHQ, you incompetent nincompoops). My closest friends are Greek. We shared so many similarities. I grew up spending time with them on Easter and New Year's. Great food and family-oriented folks. I've dated many too. I grew up in Flushing and Astoria, NYC.
Ah Astoria,that makes sense! ;) That's a small greek town there :P

Ah Astoria,that makes sense! ;) That's a small greek town there :P
Yeah, bro. It turns out I'm 2% Greek apparently, per a DNA test I did. Likely from Alexander the Great's time. I try to post the results, but I don't have the option to upload images.

Yeah, bro. It turns out I'm 2% Greek apparently, per a DNA test I did. Likely from Alexander the Great's time. I try to post the results, but I don't have the option to upload images.
Greco-Bactrian descendant :o Oh my! Look at that!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom