What's new

Greece to Patrol Bulgarian Airspace

Do you mean like for like, that is your eventual f16 fleet will be 48 jets?
How much did it cost your AF to get those jets, weapons and finally the infrastructure and training. I am thinking Romania isn't used to Western aviation tech, how much time and money did it (or is going to) cost you to change over.

Or 36,worst case scenario.But now with Russia acting out i think they will maintain 48

For the first 12,700-720 million euros (reports are sketchy),that including:12 fighters,upgrades for them in the US,pilots training and weapons package (including AIM-120 bvr missiles)

I see no source posted for that in wiki so i feel obliged to call it major BS :yes4:
It says: ''5 ordered to be fully operational before 2015 as a part of the NATO AGS.'' i dont know what that means, maybe it will be deployed in Bulgaria even though its still owned by NATO, but it sounds like that Bulgaria ordered 5 piece from US.

I mean even if, what do they wanna observe with them, maybe traffic offenders? :lol:

This news made my day.... Greece even can't protect it's airspace and they are going add Bulgarian airspace..... :rofl:

Turkish aircraft " plowed " the Aegean!

Two Turkish aircraft electronic warfare and monitoring plowed literally today the Aegean , from north to south and one in reverse course making another record violations of IDPs on a mission electronic identification of the locations of air defense systems installed in the islands of the Eastern Aegean .
Plus Ankara does not hide its intentions. What happened today never been done before until now and not so much the challenge , as the quality and purpose of the challenge. In other countries, the aircraft would have been " screened " by fighters and had been warned to leave , but that , at least today was not
The Turkish CN-235MPA ( which carry special equipment electronic monitoring ) accompanied throughout the course of their mission 6 Turkish fighter F-16C which provided protection to electronic surveillance aircraft .
The two CN-235 moved to the opposite direction relative to each other by first moving to the south of Lemnos and the second from the edge of Rhodes to the north .
In this course the formation of Turkish fighter aircraft and electronic surveillance conducted a record number of 30 violations of the National Airspace ( IDPs ) and 3 violations of the Athens FIR . By Turkish fighter 2 bore weapons .
This is undoubtedly a manifestation of a new strategic plan in Turkish Aegean exact purpose of which with respect to time of the event is unknown at present and this has puzzled policy makers of Defence. There is of course a single event .
All these movements are linked together: Whether the movements of the Turkish Coast in the Ladoxeras or overflights over Fournous Turkish fighter over Samos Turkish helicopter , or the piling abuses and violations ( until 8 January had 19 violations ) , all show that Ankara is progressing leaps and bounds in changing the status quo in the region and we just watch them until the next accomplished .

ΓΕΝΙΚΟ ΕΠΙΤΕΛΕΙΟ ΕΘΝΙΚΗΣ ΑΜΥΝΑΣ

ΕΘΝΙΚΑ ΘΕΜΑΤΑ-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ: Tουρκικά κατασκοπευτικά αεροσκάφη και μαχητικά "όργωσαν" το Αιγαίο!

It says: ''5 ordered to be fully operational before 2015 as a part of the NATO AGS.'' i dont know what that means, maybe it will be deployed in Bulgaria even though its still owned by NATO, but it sounds like that Bulgaria ordered 5 piece from US.

I mean even if, what do they wanna observe with them, maybe traffic offenders? :lol:

[Thirteen nations are expected to participate in funding the system's acquisition, introduction and initial maintenance activities, says NATO, listing these as Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and the USA. "All 28 alliance nations are to participate in the long-term support of the programme," it adds.

NATO inks $1.7 billion Global Hawk order - 5/21/2012 - Flight Global

Misleading cheaky bulgarians :astagh:

I call dibs for Romania on those NATO Globemasters stationed in Hungary,better edit wiki now.:lol:

NATO inks $1.7 billion Global Hawk order - 5/21/2012 - Flight Global

Misleading cheaky bulgarians :astagh:

I call dibs for Romania on those NATO Globemasters stationed in Hungary,better edit wiki now.:lol:
Great finding, thx, maybe its the work of an frustrated Bulgarian because their AF sucks. :D

blowfish-o.gif

Or 36,worst case scenario.But now with Russia acting out i think they will maintain 48

For the first 12,700-720 million euros (reports are sketchy),that including:12 fighters,upgrades for them in the US,pilots training and weapons package (including AIM-120 bvr missiles)

That is very cheap if it includes all the training, spares and weaponry.
So for BVR what version are you getting, I mean c5, c7 or D?
and for WVR again what version, AIM 9m, L or x?
What about AGMs, Harpoons or ARM, are you getting any of those?

That is very cheap if it includes all the training, spares and weaponry.
So for BVR what version are you getting, I mean c5, c7 or D?
and for WVR again what version, AIM 9m, L or x?
What about AGMs, Harpoons or ARM, are you getting any of those?

Unspecified AIM-120(for sure not D,c 7 likely) or AIM9 m variants...no AGM ,Harpoons in the first deal

Edit:just checked .....AGM-65H/KB Maverick Missiles in the package,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom