What's new

Greece to Patrol Bulgarian Airspace

Well but contract is signed now you are officially going to cover and watch for it. :police:

Why worry greeks have no money to get F-35s but gift from US that creates trouble so maybe in future greeks would get 20-30 F-35s compared to 110 Lightning II TuAF.
The problem is,no matter how bad the Greek economy,the Western allies(Germany,France)will allways find a way to provide them with evrything they need.
The three U214s they couldnt pay are coming out of nowhere,how?
In the same way the US will provide them with equal numbers of F35s.
You can be sure of that.

The problem is,no matter how bad the Greek economy,the Western allies(Germany,France)will allways find a way to provide them with evrything they need.
You can be sure of that.
I read a few years ago that the U.S would provide them with 400 abrams tanks.

The U.S. approved to grant 400 M1A1 Abrams to Greece | Defence news from Greece and Cyprus

Greece is done. In 5-10 years they wont even be considered a threat. Right now they still have some capabilities.
Greece already started to bleed dry. there's no guarantee they can get back to the level where they once stood before the crisis struck, that means they will have to compensate for the lost advances in the military and non-military field, in general they simply cannot compete with Turkey anymore, unless Turkey undergoes a severe crisis as well. imo Greece is only a threat in the coming short-term, and that only when they have back-up.

You can be sure of that.

Of course they will, we all know that 300 Spartans will defend the Liberated Freedom loving West from those hordes of barbaric Eastern blood thirty people.

You can be sure of that.

I don't think so US will sell 110 or so F-35s to greece, US has lost alot of money already on F-35s. I think 20-30 is the most west would pay for 70% from their pocket rest would be easy loan payback by greece. So I am confident in the future greeks are going to be in bad shape their only bet is the drag those F-16s for a very long time. But the investment into 5th Gen by turkey apart from F-35s is indeed a good move which greece can't cover in ages what would they do against say TuAF's 200-220 Stealth.

I don't think so US will sell 110 or so F-35s to greece, US has lost alot of money already on F-35s. I think 20-30 is the most west would pay for 70% from their pocket rest would be easy loan payback by greece. So I am confident in the future greeks are going to be in bad shape their only bet is the drag those F-16s for a very long time. But the investment into 5th Gen by turkey apart from F-35s is indeed a good move which greece can't cover in ages what would they do against say TuAF's 200-220 Stealth.
We cant be sure of the 5th gen project yet,the way things are going they could drop the project anytime.
Lets wait and see what the future brings.

and they have also small place to cover with it .
There must be a reason why they are asking greece for help. Most likely because their airforce isn't good enough to meet the countries needs.

There must be a reason why they are asking greece for help. Most likely because their airforce isn't good enough to meet the countries needs.
or may be we don't know how many remaining fighter are really operational in hands sir

I think they will disband.They reckoned that is cheaper to pay the greeks than maintain their fleet.

Let's be serious,15 Mig29 were more than enough to patrol Bulgarian air space.Anyway those 29's were even inferior to our upgraded 21's when it came to radar,weapons.

Never been asked to but we only have 48 Mig 21's ,be they upgraded as they are which will be retired by 2018.To be replaced by second hand upgraded F16's...12 bought allready,arrival in 2016 after upgrade in the US,negociations for the rest ongoing
Do you mean like for like, that is your eventual f16 fleet will be 48 jets?
How much did it cost your AF to get those jets, weapons and finally the infrastructure and training. I am thinking Romania isn't used to Western aviation tech, how much time and money did it (or is going to) cost you to change over.

Back
Top Bottom