What's new

Greece is in panic on impending acquisition of the F-35 by Turkey

Nothing. it is a muslim thing.

Many Muslim countries have close relationship with Greece. Your comment makes no sense.

Arabs and Persians are closer to Greece than Turkey.

However, we Pakistanis have a very soft corner for our Turkish Brothers.

But that does not mean we don't like Greeks.

Yet you encourage for Turkey to establish economic hegemony over Greece. Not very friendly.

I am advising our Turkish Brothers to Invest in Greek Economy. That would be good for Greek Economy, NO ?;)

Maybe such a move will bring our Greek Friends and our Turkish Brothers closer.:smitten:

These are not random fluctuations. Clearly, a problem needs to be acknowledged when nearly every country neighboring Turkey has bad relations with it.
Wellcome to Middle East

The Imia situation showed us that Turkey can be dangerous. Let us not forget the "sledgehammer" plans and the fragile relationships between turkey's politicians and military which led to the decimation of its highest ranks in order to protect the establishment from further coup plans.

Things are never as innocent as one wants to describe them.
These are ugly political power games played by different factions in Turkey it's nothing that interests our neighbours.
I am advising my Turkish Brothers to Invest in Greek Economy. That would be good for Greek Economy, NO ?
Germans did it already. It's really funny these days, some part of me wants to help out the neighbor having a hard time another part of me rather sees it broke than seeing it as a threat.

I am advising my Turkish Brothers to Invest in Greek Economy. That would be good for Greek Economy, NO ?

Depends on how you look at it. Besides, now is not a good time to invest in Greece. I'm guessing Western investment will start pouring in at around 14-15% 10-year bond rate. Now, at 25% (I think?) it's to risky.

Kajutyun, nothing "unique" to Turkey, its all depends on side you take and your foreign policy.

amalakas

In the worst situation there would be just some aerial fights and skirmishes, it can't go further due to NATO, plus Turkey have noclaim over Greece, main reason for that dispute is national airspace as you know.

Imia was a strange event indeed, hard to say something like that would happen again.

Wellcome to Middle East

No, the Middle East's problem with Turkey are atypical. Whereas sectarian issues are usually pervading ones, Turkey has spoiled relations because of its assertiveness (air raids into Iraqi Kurdistan, incursions into Syrian airspace, claims over Meditteranean islands, domination of Georgian Adjara through both demographic and economic means, etc.)

Many Muslim countries have close relationship with Greece. Your comment makes no sense.

Arabs and persians are closer to Greece than Turkey.

However, we Pakistanis have a very soft corner for our Turkish Brothers.

But that does not mean we don't like Greeks.

Yes we do...we love them Turks ! As for the Greeks..yup we Love Yanni ! :smitten:

I am advising our Turkish Brothers to Invest in Greek Economy. That would be good for Greek Economy, NO ?

Maybe such a move will bring our Greek Friends and our Turkish Brothers closer.:smitten:

Sir Jeee....marvooon gai ! Leave Finance to us Financial Analysts ! :blink:

No, the Middle East's problem with Turkey are atypical. Whereas sectarian issues are usually pervading ones, Turkey has spoiled relations because of its assertiveness (air raids into Iraqi Kurdistan, incursions into Syrian airspace, claims over Meditteranean islands, domination of Georgian Adjara through both demographic and economic means, etc.)
Did i mention all above mentioned countries supported/still supporting terrorist groups in Turkey with the sole exception of Georgia?

I know you're trying to show how evil is Turkey but as I said its all depends on what side country takes and foreign policy, if Turkey had supported the Assad we would have perfect relations with Syria and improved relations with Iran and Russia now.

Wellcome to Middle East

These are ugly political power games played by different factions in Turkey it's nothing that interests our neighbours.

Germans did it already. It's really funny these days, some part of me wants to help out the neighbor having a hard time another part of me rather sees it broke than seeing it as a threat.

I think it is of interest to us at least. I do not put blame on anyone. I am just recognising an internal political power struggle. If this power struggle affects an neighbour (and such an important one), I think it is something we should pay attention to.

I know you're trying to show how evil is Turkey but as I said its all depends on what side country takes and foreign policy, if Turkey had supported the Assad we would have perfect relations with Syria and improved relations with Iran and Russia now.

Why do you keep trying to provoke me? What have I said that is untrue?

Because in every case you're trying to say its all because Turkey is bad.

Well, is that a cause or a result of strained tensions?
kajutyun, don't act like you don't know this region's historical realities i really have no intention of educating you
I think it is of interest to us at least. I do not put blame on anyone. I am just recognising an internal political power struggle. If this power struggle affects an neighbour (and such an important one), I think it is something we should pay attention to.
Which didn't and won't. It only damages Turkey, believe me.

Back
Top Bottom