What's new

Greece is in panic on impending acquisition of the F-35 by Turkey

Same for Turks , majority going for tourism(well the tourism at there is mainly sex and gamble tourism :D) I'm from Mediterranean coast.

Same for Turks , majority going for tourism(well the tourism at there is mainly sex and gamble tourism :D) I'm from Mediterranean coast.

But Turks are there to stay, as the indicator that concerns Georgian officials is the number of passports given to ethnic Turks.

Only a small percent, same for Russians here, every year hundreds of thousands Russians coming but only a small percent of them staying here for various reasons, some estimates suggest there is around 13 000 Russian women married to Turks and got Turkish citizenship, thats just the number of Russian brides, there is more settled for different reasons.

I just made this...

23377296.jpg

I will be in Greece after 5 days. So i am focusing on the peaceful side of this Turkey-Greece thing. Let me quote Atatürk and i will sign a peace treaty with kemalists here:

"Peace at home,peace in the world."

But when i head back my country,we will have fight at home and fight in the world. WAR-MONGERING HELL YEAH!!!

The whole Greece and Turkey rivalry is it on the same level of India and Pakistan? Because if so then some sh*t will go down considering none of the countries are nuclear weapons. And if things do go down then its pretty much Turkey who will be on top.

The whole Greece and Turkey rivalry is it on the same level of India and Pakistan? Because if so then some sh*t will go down considering none of the countries are nuclear weapons. And if things do go down then its pretty much Turkey who will be on top.
More like North and south korea, enemy brothers :)

Not as such. There is a 4 fold semi developed plan.

1. Upgrade current fleet.
2. procure second hand fighters ( a mixture of F-15s and F-16s is preferred)
3. Upgrade Anti aircraft arsenal and up the numbers.
4. Examine the option of committing to buy about 48 Sukhoi Su-35BM and perhaps get in line for the PakFA after 2018.

I don't believe the Rafale and the EF2000 are options any longer. Unless they will be given to us by force.

The F-35 will be needed and wanted, but not before 2020 or so, other countries have priority.

Thanks very much for the info., just a couple of more questions:

I'm surprised by the F-15 mention. Was that ever considered in the past, in place of additional f-16 purchases?

Also, I think you had previously mentioned how you guys found the Mica to be superior to the Amraams and judging by the often mentioned air to air prowess of the Mirage-2000 over F-16s, I would have thought the Rafale would have been the natural successor for the air superiority role. Would you consider the Su-35BM a superior aircraft to the euro canards, or is it a political decision?

A few days ago Northrop Grumman the principle company behind the F-35 tested the radar capabilities of the F-35 with the results being that it can detect launches and track said objects in space :victory: defencenet.gr I'll summarize their moaning their fate as:

1. Turkey is about to get this advanced piece of technology for which they may use to further develop ballistics that can pulverize Greece.
2. Turkey is about to get this advanced piece of technology for which means they can launch an attack at any time and at their advantage.
3. What has caused this miserable situation for us Greeks who beg the troika for a special budget allowing ammunition and fuel purchases for Greeks while Turkey continues to develop and acquire systems for which we have no answer.

Defencenet.gr article here: DefenceNet - E?????? ??? ?????????? (;) ?????? - ??? ?? ??? ??????????? ??? "??? ??????" (vid)

Demonstration of radar capabilities of the F-35 radar on youtube (released by Northrop Grumman): F-35 AN/AAQ-37 DAS and AN/APG-81 detect multiple rocket launches - YouTube

Please don't forget to LOL and share the comedy that is Greece begging for money from the Troika to defend against an attack by a foreign nation/army.
Sir Greece has equally strong Armed Forces and in case of any kind of war weather big or small you will have to fight really hard to win the war

Thanks very much for the info., just a couple of more questions:

I'm surprised by the F-15 mention. Was that ever considered in the past, in place of additional f-16 purchases?

Also, I think you had previously mentioned how you guys found the Mica to be superior to the Amraams and judging by the often mentioned air to air prowess of the Mirage-2000 over F-16s, I would have thought the Rafale would have been the natural successor for the air superiority role. Would you consider the Su-35BM a superior aircraft to the euro canards, or is it a political decision?

The Rafale is simply too expensive to buy and maintain. Also the French are doing us no favours at all. In simple terms, they want all our M2000s back in exchange and with the current budget, only about 18-20 Rafales could be had. Not really a sufficient number.

The F-15 was never considered in the past, due to heavy cost. It is considered now, due to large numbers of it being available as the USAF is withdrawing some versions of it.

The Su-35S/BM is the better economical option. If anything the political decision would be harder since no one wants to have Greece flying a russian fighter. It is however the only plane that offers so much in such a low price. It was offered to Greece last year at the astonishing price of $50 million per plane including a full suit of weapons. No one can beat that.

@Amalakas, Greece already have more types of fighters than Turkey. Don't you think adding new ones will make it logistically more difficult to maintain them? if it's a 5th generation aircraft it's okay but getting another 4th gen. aircraft such as F15 is worth it?

@Amalakas, Greece already have more types of fighters than Turkey. Don't you think adding new ones will make it logistically more difficult to maintain them? if it's a 5th generation aircraft it's okay but getting another 4th gen. aircraft such as F15 is worth it?

No, but beggars can't be choosers. We are out of big money budgets. So we cannot afford the EF2000 and the Rafale. not to mention the respective governments would have a hard time justifying such a sale to their voters.

The F-35 is the chosen fighter for the future. The chiefs of staff concluded we need about 60 ideally. That is about 9Bn dollars. or about 7 bn Euros. We don't have this amount right now. Also we are not a participating member and we would have to wait for other countries to finish deliveries first. So perhaps 2020 and after.

The F-15s (if taken as a free aid from the US) will help cover the void left by the F-4s and the A-7s mainly. So the overall capability remains the same.

Most people don't really know that the Greek F-4s have a weapons performance equal to that of the F-15c. The problem is that the airframes are far less capable and the maintenance costs are very high.

i seen somewhere that F-15 is very very easy to see in radar and statistics and its very bad , f-35 was like 0.005 or something ( im no expert ) and f-22 was like 0.00002 and said it was seen as big as a golf ball in radar

No, but beggars can't be choosers. We are out of big money budgets. So we cannot afford the EF2000 and the Rafale. not to mention the respective governments would have a hard time justifying such a sale to their voters.

The F-35 is the chosen fighter for the future. The chiefs of staff concluded we need about 60 ideally. That is about 9Bn dollars. or about 7 bn Euros. We don't have this amount right now. Also we are not a participating member and we would have to wait for other countries to finish deliveries first. So perhaps 2020 and after.

The F-15s (if taken as a free aid from the US) will help cover the void left by the F-4s and the A-7s mainly. So the overall capability remains the same.

Most people don't really know that the Greek F-4s have a weapons performance equal to that of the F-15c. The problem is that the airframes are far less capable and the maintenance costs are very high.

I thought such high flying plans went out the window when your budget started to get financed by the ECB......

sorry but i see this as a prime example of not living within your means, which got you in this mess in the first place.

we have the same problem in our part of world. here everything ISI
100 cows die - ISI
20 people get Malaria - ISI
neighbor's dog missing - ISI

:hitwall:U are actually saying that you are Turkey in this case..Really!...You do know what you compared..I HOPE!...:blah:

Back
Top Bottom