What's new

Greatest General of 20th century? The Napoleon of Muslim world.

Lets conducted an online poll to find the top Pak general of all time.

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Jhon Smith

Reaction score
Country
United States
it is important to remember that there's a difference between a competent strategic officer and a competent tactical officer.Here some experts give their reasons why General Musharraf should be voted Pak's most treasured military commander.

General Musharraf era span over two stages, the first is before coup and 2nd is after coup. Here I will request, please consider General Musharraf era before 1999, as his start of politics may have controversies.

Love him or loathe him, my claim to General Musharraf greatness and his unique rise to become head of state was based firmly upon his soldiering career.

We must study politics and war as we may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. We study geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture, in order to know our value of Liberty.

Kargil was the war which we won on ground but we lost through our unintelligent politicians. If we would have intelligent politician in 1999 that we can change the world history.

Mr ex president Bill Clinton was so dumhead he said Pak are moving/transporting WMDs. He said that what he has heard from his CIA. And keep in mind CIA people are not very clever thay are biased and idiots those even dont know the name of PAk's capital. Therefore USA want that Pak should withdraw from Tiger hills and stop this Kargil war.

http://www.historynet.com/100-greatest-generals.htm (A list of history’s 100 best military commanders, from ancient to modern times.)

Last edited:
Musharraf was a dictattor not a general.

After this what he did to Pakistan is well known, inviting US attack to Pakistan/Afghanistan. Destroyed economy.

I think greatest general of 21st century was General Dalbir Singh Suhag.

Shakal us ki sarkari school kai wiper jaisi thi laikin phir bhi army chief ban gaya

@Narendra Trump @I S I

After this what he did to Pakistan is well known, inviting US attack to Pakistan/Afghanistan. Destroyed economy.

In general, World History has seen several numerous leaders who led their empires/countries to greatness. Famous for their brilliance, tactical knowledge, facing incredible odds, expanding their empires/countries and defending their homelands, therefore General Mushraff is one of the most renowned general who ever lived in modern muslim world history (20th century history).
http://www.historynet.com/100-greatest-generals.htm

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."
--Alexander the Great

Last edited:
I think greatest general of 21st century was General Dalbir Singh Suhag.

Shakal us ki sarkari school kai wiper jaisi thi laikin phir bhi army chief ban gaya

@Narendra Trump @I S I

He was a great general but not the Greatest!

I think its Gen JJ Singh... great man great leader.

9X-v0QEh.jpg

now see hoe Musharraf slapped them

now the bakht will ignore the fact that his country was the first one to invite US in South Asia to use her bases

now see hoe Musharraf slapped them

now the bakht will ignore the fact that his country was the first one to invite US in South Asia to use her bases

There was never a single US or any other country's base in India while we have bases in foreign countries. Best example Shamsi airbase. They used the predator from there to kill you civilians!

Lol no he wasn't that good. He had some good points and some very bad.

There was never a single US or any other country's base in India while we have bases in foreign countries.
INDIA WAS THE FIRST COUNTRY TO OFFER HER BASES TO US THINKING THAT US WILL ATTACK PAKISTAN BUT US REFUSE TO DO SO

INDIA WAS THE FIRST COUNTRY TO OFFER HER BASES TO US THINKING THAT US WILL ATTACK PAKISTAN BUT US REFUSE TO DO SO

India did not have any , end of story. But you did Not only USA but also may be Saudis , UAE and Now China!

all of these happened because of Musharraf like dictators.

The only reason Musharraf was liked was because he was confident and somewhat of a visionary. Bring in any Pakistani leader with these two traits and this country could easily become a global power.

Musharraf though was nowhere near a great leader for Pakistan:
  • He gave a free pass to corruption via the "National Reconciliation Ordinance"
  • He had no solid policy on Kashmir
  • He gave George Bush far too much influence over Pakistan
  • He bowed down and signed a peace treaty with terrorists in Waziristan
  • Lal Masjid
His only real achievements were introducing free media, streamlining bureaucracy, and increasing economic growth (fuelled by a lot of debt being forgiven by the USA). If he had pushed for a larger stake in Afghanistan, arrested corrupt politicians, and launched major military offensives against terrorists, then Pakistan wouldn't be plagued by corruption and violence today.

Pre coup, he was a good general and COAS, but he was also too ambitious and foolish. He tried to push through on Kargil without the support of the Air Force and without the support of the government which arguably are the two pillars for sustaining any conflict.

He rather foolishly believed that he could drag Pakistan down to the point of no return where all parties would therefore have to commit to a full war, but of course Nawaz and the USA managed to push through for a ceasefire before it escalated.

Before his rise though the ranks he was a good soldier, and a great student of war, but in practice his ambition and glaring lack of foresight was just too costly in the leadership role.

Last edited:
raheel shareef was much better than musharaf which is admitted by musharaf himself.

Anyone who survived the 20th century. And who is positive about the next.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom