What's new

Graphic Content Warning: Hallway footage obtained in Uvalde school shooting

jhungary

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
China

Well, if you care more about your life than the people you swore to protect, then you probably need to find another Profession..

These cop really do make me sick, how do they feel when they were just outside for an hour while the guy is shooting up kids inside the room, I mean, just get off your asses and break down that door and shoot the fucker shooting at the kids. Did they not teach them at the Police Academy??

Well, if you care more about your life than the people you swore to protect, then you probably need to find another Profession..

Swore to protect? These clowns couldn't even recite the 1st line of the constitution, let alone learn how to properly defend it.

This was one of the worst displays of cowardice I've seen by several branches of those fools since the beating of Rhodney King. We could even include the disaster of the George Floyd murder but that was only 2 despicable representatives of the law.

Believe it or not, the thing that irked me the most in this clip is the lowlife moron that actually steps across the hall and uses the wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispenser in the middle of this chaos!!!! Did you catch that!? THAT, right there, explains the entire attitude of this worthless police force down in that disaster of a state.

Then the other clear and obvious problem is the lack of leadership. You see that all across the board in almost every single police video or shootings or whatever. You get a bunch of these guys in those clown costumes, show up to an incident and the first one there is already barking orders at whomever criminal is there and next thing you know, every other clown is barking orders over the other in complete disorganized mayhem.

Not only qualified immunity needs to be seriously evaluated and perhaps redefined (I'm not a fan of eliminating it all together since I think the job demands some leeway because of the dangers it entails) but there also needs to be a totally new curriculum of not only updated training, but yearly continued training or even every 6 months. The state of policing in this country is in a very sad state, unfortunately.

Swore to protect? These clowns couldn't even recite the 1st line of the constitution, let alone learn how to properly defend it.

This was one of the worst displays of cowardice I've seen by several branches of those fools since the beating of Rhodney King. We could even include the disaster of the George Floyd murder but that was only 2 despicable representatives of the law.

Believe it or not, the thing that irked me the most in this clip is the lowlife moron that actually steps across the hall and uses the wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispenser in the middle of this chaos!!!! Did you catch that!? THAT, right there, explains the entire attitude of this worthless police force down in that disaster of a state.

Then the other clear and obvious problem is the lack of leadership. You see that all across the board in almost every single police video or shootings or whatever. You get a bunch of these guys in those clown costumes, show up to an incident and the first one there is already barking orders at whomever criminal is there and next thing you know, every other clown is barking orders over the other in complete disorganized mayhem.

Not only qualified immunity needs to be seriously evaluated and perhaps redefined (I'm not a fan of eliminating it all together since I think the job demands some leeway because of the dangers it entails) but there also needs to be a totally new curriculum of not only updated training, but yearly continued training or even every 6 months. The state of policing in this country is in a very sad state, unfortunately.
Just talked to some of my cop friend about this. They are all in horror, we know this is going to be bad, but not this bad as we literally see a bunch of cop "Loitering" (the best word I can come up with) outside the classroom for over an hour with their thumb up their asses and doing nothing.

This is probably the second time I feel enraged by my fellow cop after that Tourist Bus assault in Philippine. But then that was Philippine, we are talking about a bunch of cop from across of different PD in the state or even some Federal Agency.

This could have been done 7 minutes into the shooting when the first 8 cops surrounded that classroom. But no, they just hang around the hallway like nothing is happening, all in the while people are shooting and dying inside. That is nothing but pure rage on my parts.

When stuff like this happened. You don't wait for command, you just go in and try to take the guy out, they were called "Active Shooter" for a reason, the first thing that anyone on scene should do is to make it "Not Active" anymore. Then do whatever you want with the scene afterward, you go in with your underwear if it is the only stuff you are wearing, you give those little guys a fighting chances, not sitting outside and "Written Off" people and wait for backup........

This is not a leadership problem. this is a fundamental problem with Policing in the US, people don't do the job because they want to serve their community, rather they want to enjoy the power rush. That's not how this supposed to work....

The two men walking toward the crashed car ran away terrified. Looks like they were shot at? Should have fled to the school to raise the alarm about a terrorist gunman outside the fencing. I couldn't watch after hearing gunshot sounds targeting little children, followed by him holding the weapon at the front of the corridor. Really wanted to destroy him through my screen. I think there isn't enough research on what psychology produces such monsters. Blaming religion, race, or politics is not the root answer. There must be evil psychology compelling them to do it.

These cop really do make me sick, how do they feel when they were just outside for an hour while the guy is shooting up kids inside the room, I mean, just get off your asses and break down that door and shoot the fucker shooting at the kids. Did they not teach them at the Police Academy??
Police department are all about politics. Aside from lack of training, most officers are reluctant to act, because if you are not the right race, or you supervisors are of different race they will fowards your BWC video for internal affair investigation. Any use of force is automatically IA review. If someone mistakenly get hurt, they are law suits and potential criminal charges.

Most are just hanging in their because that the best highest paid job they can get with a high school or dead-end 4 years degree. They got mortgages to pay.

The two men walking toward the crashed car ran away terrified. Looks like they were shot at? Should have fled to the school to raise the alarm about a terrorist gunman outside the fencing. I couldn't watch after hearing gunshot sounds targeting little children, followed by him holding the weapon at the front of the corridor. Really wanted to destroy him through my screen. I think there isn't enough research on what psychology produces such monsters. Blaming religion, race, or politics is not the root answer. There must be evil psychology compelling them to do it.
They were shot at when they approach the car, they ran back to the funeral home.

IIRC they did raise the alarm and called 911, but not sure if they have know the shooter is moving toward the school after their encounter.

Police department are all about politics. Aside from lack of training, most officers are reluctant to act, because if you are not the right race, or you supervisors are of different race they will fowards your BWC video for internal affair investigation. Any use of force is automatically IA review. If someone mistakenly get hurt, they are law suits and potential criminal charges.

Most are just hanging in their because that the best highest paid job they can get with a high school or dead-end 4 years degree. They got mortgages to pay.
That's why I said this is not a leadership problem, this is a Policing Problem, these people here are more into politics than actually doing their job, they worry about what make them look good or what they should have done and then what they had done is just sit there for 70 minutes and trying to figure that out.

In the old days, people would have just went in, hell, I still remember how the Texas A&M shooter was brought down, you won't see shit done like that anymore now.

Abysmally poor, also why is dude with the fancy haircut stood inside the fatal funnel? Doors and corners, doors and corners...

Ineffective response, reminds me of the initial response to the San Ysidro McDonald's massacre.

It must be agony to watch this as a parent or a loved one.

They were shot at when they approach the car, they ran back to the funeral home.

IIRC they did raise the alarm and called 911, but not sure if they have know the shooter is moving toward the school after their encounter.

That's why I said this is not a leadership problem, this is a Policing Problem, these people here are more into politics than actually doing their job, they worry about what make them look good or what they should have done and then what they had done is just sit there for 70 minutes and trying to figure that out.

In the old days, people would have just went in, hell, I still remember how the Texas A&M shooter was brought down, you won't see shit done like that anymore now.
Texas A&M & NORCO shootout was the gold standard of *** kicking of bad guys at the hands of cops. Sadly in the west especially, policing is now so process heavy that cops can't function.

Policing to immediate life-threatening incidents like active scooters require system one thinking but after George Flloyd et.al the decision making process is completely FUBAR.

Abysmally poor, also why is dude with the fancy haircut stood inside the fatal funnel? Doors and corners, doors and corners...

Ineffective response, reminds me of the initial response to the San Ysidro McDonald's massacre.

It must be agony to watch this as a parent or a loved one.

Texas A&M & NORCO shootout was the gold standard of *** kicking of bad guys at the hands of cops. Sadly in the west especially, policing is now so process heavy that cops can't function.

Policing to immediate life-threatening incidents like active scooters require system one thinking but after George Flloyd et.al the decision making process is completely FUBAR.
When you watch one of these video, you expect a group of cop stack up nicely outside the door of the suspect, and then the first guy breach open the door, the opposite guy throw in a flashbang, the entire group went in within 4 seconds and neutralised the suspect.

NONE OF THAT HAPPENED HERE.

What has been displayed here is pure incompetence, sure, if you afraid to get shot, stay outside that door, but you have to a least do something.

People are using too much of an excuse to not do their job, problem George Floyd is not the same as what is happening here, you are not trying to arrest someone who may or may not be armed, you are trying to deal with an active shooter situation, you need to have clear that line of fire, suppress it or do something, otherwise people are going to die.

Do you know no one leave classroom 111 alive? all 11 student and the teacher were killed, because of the cops standing there....

When you watch one of these video, you expect a group of cop stack up nicely outside the door of the suspect, and then the first guy breach open the door, the opposite guy throw in a flashbang, the entire group went in within 4 seconds and neutralised the suspect.

NONE OF THAT HAPPENED HERE.

What has been displayed here is pure incompetence, sure, if you afraid to get shot, stay outside that door, but you have to a least do something.

People are using too much of an excuse to not do their job, problem George Floyd is not the same as what is happening here, you are not trying to arrest someone who may or may not be armed, you are trying to deal with an active shooter situation, you need to have clear that line of fire, suppress it or do something, otherwise people are going to die.

Do you know no one leave classroom 111 alive? all 11 student and the teacher were killed, because of the cops standing there....
So sad to see this, as I said before it must be heartbreaking for the victims and their families to watch this.

They (cops) had numerical superiority and superior firepower, as you said, stack breach, bang and double tap the fucker.

Just look at all the kit they had, the average US cop is better equipped than the average British infantry soldier lol.

We hosted some American cops here in the UK as part of the IPA (Intl Pol Association) exchange program and the US cops couldn't understand how we police without guns.

The visiting cops couldn't understand why or how British cops police without guns on a daily basis.

Thing is, comparing the UK to US policing model is an unfair comparison because the amount of handguns in the UK is lower compared to the US, whilst we do have firearms incidents these are few and far between.

But our cops do tend to be a little more rational and proactive, I fear in the US a lot of people become cops because they are what we in England call "badge heavy".

Marauding attacker - how it's handled in the UK - police officer BWV:

This is not a leadership problem. this is a fundamental problem with Policing in the US, people don't do the job because they want to serve their community, rather they want to enjoy the power rush. That's not how this supposed to work....

I wasn't talking about departmental leadership, I was referring to on-sight leadership. On the scene of policing events, there always seems to be a leadership problem where too many cops are barking orders and often times contradicting one another etc. and disorganized chaos.

There needs to be a clear way of establishing a component of the force which whenever it shows up on scene, it takes over the lead role and control of the situation instead of all units there doing their own thing. That's what I was referring to and you can clearly see that chaos happening in this case.

I wasn't talking about departmental leadership, I was referring to on-sight leadership. On the scene of policing events, there always seems to be a leadership problem where too many cops are barking orders and often times contradicting one another etc. and disorganized chaos.

There needs to be a clear way of establishing a component of the force which whenever it shows up on scene, it takes over the lead role and control of the situation instead of all units there doing their own thing. That's what I was referring to and you can clearly see that chaos happening in this case.
They do - it's called the chain of command and ICS. In the UK it is called JESIP and Gold, Silver, Bronze command levels.

Gold(Strategic Command)
Silver(Tactical Command)
Bronze(Operational Command).

This was just a failure due to gross incompetence. Nothing more.

So sad to see this, as I said before it must be heartbreaking for the victims and their families to watch this.

They (cops) had numerical superiority and superior firepower, as you said, stack breach, bang and double tap the fucker.

Just look at all the kit they had, the average US cop is better equipped than the average British infantry soldier lol.

We hosted some American cops here in the UK as part of the IPA (Intl Pol Association) exchange program and the US cops couldn't understand how we police without guns.

The visiting cops couldn't understand why or how British cops police without guns on a daily basis.

Thing is, comparing the UK to US policing model is an unfair comparison because the amount of handguns in the UK is lower compared to the US, whilst we do have firearms incidents these are few and far between.

But our cops do tend to be a little more rational and proactive, I fear in the US a lot of people become cops because they are what we in England call "badge heavy".

Marauding attacker - how it's handled in the UK - police officer BWV:

British police are very good.

In India when the terrorist Ajmal Kasab and his team started shooting people in Mumbai, they were immediately engaged by the few policemen present with their Lee-Enfield rifles. Many of them paid with their lives as they were outgunned thoroughly.
Finally Kasab himself was subdued by a policeman armed with ONLY a cane stick ( in India policemen are often unarmed), receiving multiple AK-47 shots in the process.
the collective cowardice here is disgusting. Only the old guy who got grazed by a bullet is trying anything.
So many shots were fired after the police turned up. Those lives could have been saved. How many lives drained out while they were gossiping outside for 1 hour, while they should have been in the hospital.
All of them should be named and shamed except the first cop.
It's not appropriate to bring politics at such a time, but i suggest the USA bring it's own house in order rather than go around blowing other countries up. They don't want your system.

hey do - it's called the chain of command and ICS. In the UK it is called JESIP and Gold, Silver, Bronze command levels.

You need to watch and see more of these interactions to see what I'm referring to. Yes chain of command exists of course, but more often than not, the sergeants or lieutenants or whomever might have a higher position of authority than deputies or officers are not the first on scene and in many, many cases don't even show up until there's been a shooting or at the aftermath of a scene. In the meantime, you have 1 deputy show up, pulls his taser or gun out and starts barking orders at a perp and calls for backup. Next thing you know there's 4 more deputies pulling up in their patrol cars and 3 state troopers and 2 more sheriff deputies all showing up at the same scene with no clear leader or chain of command established. Now they're all barking orders and yelling over one another instead of just one person tossing out clear and concise commands to deescalate the situation while the others back him up.

That's another product of that on-scene lack of predetermined leadership is that it doesn't help a very volatile situation and instead, it actually escalates the situation.

De-escalation is also another fundamentally lacking procedure in policing here in the US which we're only starting to see it a bit more than ever before. There actually is a relatively new force that is on trials right now to determine its efficacy because it will be much more specialized in determining a scene where the individuals involved have mental illnesses. Mental illness is a major problem in today's unfortunate crimes that almost none of the conventional police forces have any education or understanding of it to mitigate the situations that involve these mentally disabled individuals.

You need to watch and see more of these interactions to see what I'm referring to. Yes chain of command exists of course, but more often than not, the sergeants or lieutenants or whomever might have a higher position of authority than deputies or officers are not the first on scene and in many, many cases don't even show up until there's been a shooting or at the aftermath of a scene. In the meantime, you have 1 deputy show up, pulls his taser or gun out and starts barking orders at a perp and calls for backup. Next thing you know there's 4 more deputies pulling up in their patrol cars and 3 state troopers and 2 more sheriff deputies all showing up at the same scene with no clear leader or chain of command established. Now they're all barking orders and yelling over one another instead of just one person tossing out clear and concise commands to deescalate the situation while the others back him up.

That's another product of that on-scene lack of predetermined leadership is that it doesn't help a very volatile situation and instead, it actually escalates the situation.

De-escalation is also another fundamentally lacking procedure in policing here in the US which we're only starting to see it a bit more than ever before. There actually is a relatively new force that is on trials right now to determine its efficacy because it will be much more specialized in determining a scene where the individuals involved have mental illnesses. Mental illness is a major problem in today's unfortunate crimes that almost none of the conventional police forces have any education or understanding of it to mitigate the situations that involve these mentally disabled individuals.
Speaking from experience - policing is hard work and in hindsight everyone is an expert and can put holes in people's actions.

That said - on this occasion the decision making or lack of is inexcusable and indefensible.

Don't you see they are all over weight and frightened not want to risk their lives at all, what bunch of cowards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom