What's new

Grandmother of all defense deals- FGFA on their way

$60 billion, damn. They are modernizing their forces too I guess. They are going to have the best army, air force, etc in the Middle East.

Best army,best AF doesnt guarentee you victory.KSA of all knows that very well. ;)

Ohh.. :hang2:

"Grandmother" of defence deals.. :lol:

C'mon brother, be modest & keep it simple. Don't hype it out of proportion.

:cheers:

With so many billions to be spent on PAK-FA and FGFA, I am wondering if AMCA will get anything at all.

With so many billions to be spent on PAK-FA and FGFA, I am wondering if AMCA will get anything at all.
Bro dont even look at AMCA now, Its still a paper plane. We dont evn know what shape it will take in future, coz we dont even know what techs will go to it.

Lets forget that and enjoy the MRCA, LCA2 and FGFA who look promising at the moment.

well i dont like thw word grandmother

anyway we cannot compare both the deal's

the $25 billion FGFA is exclusively for fighter gets

but the $60 billion is for multiple goodies by KSA

in terms of overall purchase KSA will b left behind India

Grandmother or Grandfather or whatever...

Just focus and ensure that there are no delays in the FGFA project.

Bro dont even look at AMCA now, Its still a paper plane. We dont evn know what shape it will take in future, coz we dont even know what techs will go to it.

Lets forget that and enjoy the MRCA, LCA2 and FGFA who look promising at the moment.

Brother, I have a lot of hopes from the AMCA project, I feel India should undertake this project at any cost.

In the long run, an indigenous 5th gen project will be beneficial to our defense industry as well.

Brother, I have a lot of hopes from the AMCA project, I feel India should undertake this project at any cost.

In the long run, an indigenous 5th gen project will be beneficial to our defense industry as well.

+1,

However I for one do not share this pessimism about funding for AMCA.Please considre the following points...

1. Unlike LCA, IAF has been involved in this project from the very begining and also unlike LCA, our air force is playing the role of a partner than that of a customer.

2. The current desiging manpower of India is focussing on LCA mk2 (as it should be); as soon as LCA mk2 design proves itself; the activity on the AMCA front will shift into higher gear.

3. Many building blocks and core technologies for AMCA are already being developed or sourced through other projects like LCA, FGFA, SU 30 upgrades.

4. The condition by the IAF chief that everything on AMCA should be indian is a great vote of confidance by itself.

5. As of now any other options for the role AMCA is supposed to take over are not being discussed by the IAF.

In nutshell, wait and watch the AMCA rise!:cheers:

Here is the latest statement from the IAF chief mentioning AMCA in the future force matrix of IAF.

by the end of the decade, the IAF would hopefully have an inventory of just five fighter types: the upgraded Su-30MKI (272), the MMRCA (126), the PAK FA/Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (200-250), the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (100)and the Tejas MK-II (150-200).

Looks like the IAF is going to back the AMCA project big time!:partay::D

Here is the latest statement from the IAF chief mentioning AMCA in the future force matrix of IAF.

Accept for the MKI and MMRCA, all other numbers as given in the link looks unrealistic to be possible by the end of the decade, but lets see on how things turn up.

If the AMCA designs that were making the rounds in the internet some time back are any where close to reality, then the AMCA is one heck of a design, would be a brilliant achievement for the Indian aerospace industry if we succeed with this one.

Hope isnt a bad thing and we all hope that one day AMCA will take on to the skies in IAF colors.
However lets say 2020, if they can give a 1st Prototype then its good or lets say 2025 its late, but sounds dissapointing.

1. 2014 the first engines for LCA 2 will arrive. By that time they need to complete the airframe changes and all designes required flr LCA to accomodate a 100 Kn engine. This will take a another year or two lets say 2016 to fly the LCA Mk2 and FOC is done..
2. the IAF has projected a True 5th Gen plane with an all aspect LO and stealth for AMCA, which tells me the parameters will be like F22 raptor coz PAKFA as of now or even F35 is not an all LO plane.
3. They want 3D thurst vectors, I dont know after GE being selected and EJ200 out who will give us the BD tech. we can eye on PAKFA or FGFA but thats not coming until 2017 as claimed, say 2018-19, so 2020. which is a good 10 years from now.

My pint is IAF will want AMCA then or straight away they will go for Aura..
If you fly a prototype by 2020 then 2025 is when you will get an IOC, which seems very far from now...

AMCA will sureely test our tech know how and produce a cheap and quality stuff for the world to know our advancement in Aviation. But looking at the time lines, I just hope that IAF doesnt change its mind.

Accept for the MKI and MMRCA, all other numbers as given in the link looks unrealistic to be possible by the end of the decade, but lets see on how things turn up.
If the AMCA designs that were making the rounds in the internet some time back are any where close to reality, then the AMCA is one heck of a design, would be a brilliant achievement for the Indian aerospace industry if we succeed with this one.

I think the IAF chief only mentioned the types in his conferance; the numbers beside the types were "added" by our enterprising journalist friend! There is no way we can have those numbers by 2020.

About the AMCA, the designs on the net are indeed breathtaking. It will be a dream to watch it fly!

I think the IAF chief only mentioned the types in his conferance; the numbers beside the types were "added" by our enterprising journalist friend! There is no way we can have those numbers by 2020.

About the AMCA, the designs on the net are indeed breathtaking. It will be a dream to watch it fly!

Obviously 200 by 2020 is not possible. The production ramp up happens from then on like 15-20 a year to start with and then maybe as per requirement they may step up.

Yes, preliminary studies approved by the govt as well as IAF specifications. Wing tunnel model also ready.

mcaai2009.JPG

Back
Top Bottom