What's new

Grand Seiko launches in Vietnam

Rolex is sh!t and I say that with no respect but full discrimination of the word.

I'm not going to buy 20 watches just to be considered on a waitlist for the "premium" limited offerings.

Much better quality and style available elsewhere, while the brand just lives off it's historic prestige.
Well, if there was no waitlist no one would want or buy a rolex, people buy it only for the boasting rights that come with its cost and exclusivity(although its pretty much the mcdonalds of luxury watches, making million pieces an year)

Fantastic piece. Seiko will never let you down. I personally can never bring myself to spend more than $100 on a watch.
Get a chinese seagull, little more than $100, beautiful mechanical mechanism to look at
6OnXllfIfFx0QPVduDzrw2tCGeNtZ9uWzIh4DFQh.jpg

Amen brother! I got this last month for $1500. Best bang for bucks.

View attachment 948604

Sweet watch, i would say another bang for the buck is longines. About the same price point 1000-2000 and several options to chose from. Swiss made and pretty solid.

Well, if there was no waitlist no one would want or buy a rolex, people buy it only for the boasting rights that come with its cost and exclusivity(although its pretty much the mcdonalds of luxury watches, making million pieces an year)

Get a chinese seagull, little more than $100, beautiful mechanical mechanism to look at
6OnXllfIfFx0QPVduDzrw2tCGeNtZ9uWzIh4DFQh.jpg

Sweet watch, i would say another bang for the buck is longines. About the same price point 1000-2000 and several options to chose from. Swiss made and pretty solid.

The mechanism on the Seagull looks good but look at the hand winder - for a new piece(?) that quality looks awful already.

As a side note, I have a Brietling Navitimer, Tag Heuer Carrera, Oris Big Crown, Panerai 8 Days - looking to add Omega to the collection - will not get a rolex ! ( i have a Seiko 5 Sports as a daily beater if i am going to go somewhere i shouldn't )..

The mechanism on the Seagull looks good but look at the hand winder - for a new piece(?) that quality looks awful already.

As a side note, I have a Brietling Navitimer, Tag Heuer Carrera, Oris Big Crown, Panerai 8 Days - looking to add Omega to the collection - will not get a rolex ! ( i have a Seiko 5 Sports as a daily beater if i am going to go somewhere i shouldn't )..

I think the seagull mechanism is licensed to many manufacturers, if you go up to $250-300 you can get a really solid seagull watch. Some in the 100-150 range may not be up to the mark...as you said, about the hand winder, i think this might be one of cheaper ones..

I have always wanted an omega speedmaster, but its cost has gone up by like 2-3 times. When i finished my masters 4 years ago i was about to get a speedmaster, i could have gotten a used one for about 2000-2500 CAD, now its a dream, no less than 5000, unless you want some vintage one from 1990. I have a couple of Longines and couple of Tag Heuers(both carrera), love them although people say they are trash :lol:.

Tag really lost their credibility when they tried to pass off a japanese seiko mechanism as their own, still they are a really good deal when bought used, never buy a new tag, the moment you walk about, its worth half.

I think the seagull mechanism is licensed to many manufacturers, if you go up to $250-300 you can get a really solid seagull watch. Some in the 100-150 range may not be up to the mark...as you said, about the hand winder, i think this might be one of cheaper ones..

I have always wanted an omega speedmaster, but its cost has gone up by like 2-3 times. When i finished my masters 4 years ago i was about to get a speedmaster, i could have gotten a used one for about 2000-2500 CAD, now its a dream, no less than 5000, unless you want some vintage one from 1990. I have a couple of Longines and couple of Tag Heuers(both carrera), love them although people say they are trash :lol:.

Tag really lost their credibility when they tried to pass off a japanese seiko mechanism as their own, still they are a really good deal when bought used, never buy a new tag, the moment you walk about, its worth half.

There has been massive price inflation for luxury watches for sure. I bought my Brietling Navitimer with a 2 tone dial and 2 tone strap ( ie gold and steel ) - same one in that range costs 6 times more now - as gold is now considered "so much more premium". As my Brietling looks brand new(got nicely polished in my last service), it really gets the looks from people as it looks damn expensive - which is nice for me - as i know how little i paid for it compared to new prices !!!!

i like the automata watches you know with the lil bird that comes out to play melody.

Attachments

• 1692993304307.png
    1692993304307.png
    3 MB · Views: 39
There has been massive price inflation for luxury watches for sure. I bought my Brietling Navitimer with a 2 tone dial and 2 tone strap ( ie gold and steel ) - same one in that range costs 6 times more now - as gold is now considered "so much more premium". As my Brietling looks brand new(got nicely polished in my last service), it really gets the looks from people as it looks damn expensive - which is nice for me - as i know how little i paid for it compared to new prices !!!!

Great buy with the breitling man it will always appreciate. I want to add one someday but with the current prices...might need to wait a while. What do you plan to buy next?

I've always wanted a cartier, not sure which one, might add one soon if i can find a good deal..

Great buy with the breitling man it will always appreciate. I want to add one someday but with the current prices...might need to wait a while. What do you plan to buy next?

I've always wanted a cartier, not sure which one, might add one soon if i can find a good deal..
Cartier Santos is turning heads.

Cartier Santos is turning heads.
Whats your opinion on how fakes will affect the luxury market in the future? There are AAA fakes at the current moment for rolex subs that are almost indistinguishable from real ones, even watch dealers cant tell them apart without opening the back to see the mechanism.... I give it 10 years before Chinese fake manufacturers perfect that also. This thing has the potential to kill the secondary market

these two :
1 - omega seamaster
2 - iwc Portuguiser chronograph

Whats your opinion on how fakes will affect the luxury market in the future? There are AAA fakes at the current moment for rolex subs that are almost indistinguishable from real ones, even watch dealers cant tell them apart without opening the back to see the mechanism.... I give it 10 years before Chinese fake manufacturers perfect that also. This thing has the potential to kill the secondary market

Absolutely, I'll be terrified to buy a pre-owned Rolex or Omega from any watch retailer. I'd only trust them if it comes with original box and papers.

Let's keep this topic thread alive why not show ur collection

Last edited:
king of Japan uses Toyota century and Toyota is reliable and they don't over charge for cars same case with seiko

Back
Top Bottom