What's new

Govt trying to get $9bn Chinese loan for railway project at 2pc ! But funds for Dams and waste manag

Inception-06

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: No allocations would be made in the next budget for unapproved projects and efforts are in progress to secure a $9 billion Chinese loan for Main Railway Line (ML-1) at around two per cent interest, a Senate committee was told on Thursday.

At a meeting of the panel, federal Minister for Planning, Development & Reforms Asad Umar said he had issued directives that no unapproved project should be included in the next Public Sector Development Programme. No project will be included in the PSDP in future till land is purchased for it.

He said it would also be settled in advance whether a project would be funded by the federal government or the province concerned. “We have seen the fate of Karachi Green Line and other projects,” the minister said while referring to cost escalations and delays in various projects due to undecided issues.

The meeting of the Senate Standing Committee on Planning, Development & Reforms, presided over by Senator Agha Shahzaib Durrani, discussed various issues related to Nai Gaj dam, ML-I, toll tax on Motorway and G.T. road and new projects.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1520698/govt-trying-to-get-9bn-chinese-loan-for-railway-project-at-2pc

First priority should water, then energy and last waste! After that Roads, highways and Railways!

First priority should water, then energy and last waste! After that Roads, highways and Railways!
You can build all of those when u make roads. These things run on the side of each road. So its roads> rail > air travel in the national level.

City level. Rail > road > bus > airports

Medical level. Clinics for fast relief > hospitals > dental/eye clinics

Education. Primary school > middle school > high school> university/college > preschool.

Anyone that mixes transportation, healthcare and education is dumb. These all take priority. You cant run one without the other.

make a dam with this damn money railway is lost case do not wast billions of dollars on it .
Rail is not a loss cause. It is perfect for national connectivity especially since Pakistan has such a large middle/lower class. They cant afford cars or air tickets. Dams are other subjects and those should not be mixed.

Last edited:
make a dam with this damn money railway is lost case do not wast billions of dollars on it .

I read every day in newspapers we haven't funds for dams, but railways? Who needs railways when 20 Million in Sindh don't have water for drinking?

Rail is not a lose cause. It is perfect for national connectivity especially since Pakistan has such a large middle/lower class. They cant afford cars or air tickets. Dams are other subjects and those should not be mixed.

what do you want to connect? When everything is deserting, Sindh which is becoming the second Balochistan don't need railway connection but, drinking water, then the railway will also not guarantee the integrity of these dried provinces!

I read every day in newspapers we haven't funds for dams, but railways? Who needs railways when 20 Million in Sindh don't have water for drinking?

what do you want to connect? When everything is deserting, Sindh which is becoming the second Balochistan don't need railway connection but, drinking water, then the railway will also not guarantee the integrity of these dried provinces!
You can thank the people you voted in sindh for that. Jeeva jeeva jeeva Benazir jeeva.

Rail is a must and the people of sindh need to vote in competent people.

You can thank the people you voted in sindh for that. Jeeva jeeva jeeva Benazir jeeva.

Rail is a must and the people of sindh need to vote in competent people.

In Punjab and KPK they voted for PTI and these Party did not deliver, the water, energy and waste management is in the same shape and is becoming more and more worst, tell me any main full steps and results of PTI in Punjab regarding saving and building water reservoirs, implementing a Punjab wide waste management system, and don't list the projects which were started or planned by the post-government, my family did vote for the PTI, but now we have to bore deeper to get drinking water, what we have done wrong ? The Faults don't lie in the PTI itself but the incompetent staff which it employs, we need fresh generations highly educated working forces which are diploming, mastering bacheloring every year from our universities and are becoming a huge unemployed force!

In Punjab and KPK they voted for PTI and these Party did not deliver, the water, energy and waste management is in the same shape and is becoming more and more worst, tell me any main full steps and results of PTI in Punjab regarding saving and building water reservoirs, implementing and Punjab wide waste management system, and don't list the projects which were started or planed be the post-government, my family did vote for the PTI, but now we have to bore deeper to get drinking water, what we done wrong ? The Faults don't lie in the PTI itself but the incompetent staff which it employs, we need fresh generations highly educated working forces which are diploming, mastering bacheloring every year from our universities and are becoming a huge unemployed force!
Nope not true at all. I have all my family that lives in kpk and they said something else. Garbage trucks even come to villages outside of Peshawar to take garbage away. When are you going to vote for MQM and PPP again? Shame on the people of sindh that votes for thses corrupt anti pakistan parties.

In Punjab and KPK they voted for PTI and these Party did not deliver, the water, energy and waste management is in the same shape and is becoming more and more worst, tell me any main full steps and results of PTI in Punjab regarding saving and building water reservoirs, implementing a Punjab wide waste management system, and don't list the projects which were started or planned by the post-government, my family did vote for the PTI, but now we have to bore deeper to get drinking water, what we have done wrong ? The Faults don't lie in the PTI itself but the incompetent staff which it employs, we need fresh generations highly educated working forces which are diploming, mastering bacheloring every year from our universities and are becoming a huge unemployed force!
Also a major canac system is being constructed in pakistan to ease water distribution. So nice try, again. Bhutto is still alive!! Meanwhile bhutto and Benazir are buting in hell for killing and working against their own Muslim countrymen.

Nope not true at all. I have all my family that lives in kpk and they said something else. Garbage trucks even come to villages outside of Peshawar to take garbage away. When are you going to vote for MQM and PPP again? Shame on the people of sindh that votes for thses corrupt anti pakistan parties.

And where do these garbage trucks go then, what will happen with the waste? Let's not talk about parties but results! A constructive critic is vital for progress, finger-pointing will bring PTI not more votes!

And where do these garbage trucks go then, what will happen with the waste? Let's not talk about parties but results! A constructive critic is vital for progress, finger-pointing will bring PTI ot mor votes !
Do you not know where garbage goes after its collected? Its put onto a rocket and blasted off into space. Just like your IQ.

Also a major canac system is being constructed in pakistan to ease water distribution. So nice try, again. Bhutto is still alive!! Meanwhile bhutto and Benazir are buting in hell for killing and working against their own Muslim countrymen.

My god, can't have a discussion without Butto and these crap, you seem to be a blind follower of PTI, despite I told you, that I support these PTI government, you are taking away my right for a constructive critic!

And where do these garbage trucks go then, what will happen with the waste? Let's not talk about parties but results! A constructive critic is vital for progress, finger-pointing will bring PTI not more votes!
No finger pointing and I'm not associated with any political party in Pakistan. I'm a Pakistani and only for Pakistan. People will come and go but I stay loyal to the dirt under the feet of every Pakistani. From Kashmir to sindh all the same for me.

I'm requesting you to please think critically and think about the nation as a whole. The next time you vote, vote for the country and its millions of people not the person that gave you food at their rally. Whould you do me this favor, brother?

My god, can't have a discussion without Butto and these crap, you seem to be a blind follower of PTI, despite I told you, that I support these PTI government, you are taking away my right for a constructive critic!
Read my above statement. I've criticized every party in Pakistan PTI. They have f$cked up too.

Better ask this question to Zardari and his family.Sindh govt gets share of more than PKR 1000 billions from federal budget every year in the name of water,education etc.If that money is being looted and plundered.Nothing could be done.Its people of Sindh who elect them again and again.
Railway budget has nothing to do with sindh or any other province.Chinese donot want to invest in projects which will take decades to complete.Building highways or railways is far more easier than the building water dams.

1. Dasu dam issue resolved
2. Munda dam full swing
3. Bhasha dam contracts in process, confident it will be awarded next year

even the design work isnt completed yet, only 80% is completed so dont expect ML1 to start work untill 2021

Back
Top Bottom