What's new

Govt releases six billion for Pak Railways

again

for gods sake passenger trains are not metros!!!

Passenger rail terminology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Metro, short for metropolitan railway refers to an urban, electric rail transport system with high capacity and a high frequency of service. Metros are totally separated from other traffic. They operate in tunnels, on elevated structures, or at surface level but with physical separation from other traffic. Metropolitan railways are used for high capacity public transportation - they can operate in trains of up to 10 cars, carrying 1800 passengers or more. In different parts of the world metro systems are also known as the underground, subway, or tube. In Germany the terms U-Bahn and S-Bahn are used. Some metro systems run on rubber tires, but are based on the same fixed-guideway principles as steel wheel systems

i know that its a passenger train i know that metros are subways or electric rails within a city but that doesnt mean that you start blaming the entire country my experience with living with indians americans and english tell me that even they dont know what is the difference between metros and passenger trains as i say it not everybody is born with such knowledge especially in third world under developed countries like india and pakistan

thats the part about your post that pissed me off bcz every country that is developing is like a frog in a well trying to see the world outside and that is called developments

what is this then

Metro, short for metropolitan railway refers to an urban, electric rail transport system with high capacity and a high frequency of service. Metros are totally separated from other traffic. They operate in tunnels, on elevated structures, or at surface level but with physical separation from other traffic. Metropolitan railways are used for high capacity public transportation - they can operate in trains of up to 10 cars, carrying 1800 passengers or more. In different parts of the world metro systems are also known as the underground, subway, or tube. In Germany the terms U-Bahn and S-Bahn are used. Some metro systems run on rubber tires, but are based on the same fixed-guideway principles as steel wheel systems

true its not subway the way is like a railway but it carries passengers nevertheless thats and its called over here metro so rather then losing patience and trolling

You said metro from lahore to karachi. AFAIK, there are no metros in both these cities.

i know that its a passenger train i know that metros are subways or electric rails within a city but that doesnt mean that you start blaming the entire country my experience with living with indians americans and english tell me that even they dont know what is the difference between metros and passenger trains as i say it not everybody is born with such knowledge especially in third world under developed countries like india and pakistan

thats the part about your post that pissed me off bcz every country that is developing is like a frog in a well trying to see the world outside and that is called developments

Metro are passenger trains but passenger trains are not metros.

The problem is he cannot believe that in India bus fares are higher than train fares and decided to diss IR by comparing with HSRs (Its a stupid idea I might add)

For example Trivandrum to Chennai (Around 900 kms)

Single Axle Volvo: Rs 950 +
Double Axle Volvo: Rs 1000 +
Sleeper Volvo: Rs 1250+

Railway 3rd class AC: Rs 892

May be because their railways don't use electrified routes to reduce the running cost by considerable amount.

@ Indians pls don't post Indian pictures in this thread (except for railways perhaps)

@Imran Khan you are constantly posting off-topic..keep the thread about railway rather than highway.

this network not only for long travel but its connected every city twon on it make for public to travel and business jobs etc too

Pakistan_Nationalhighways.PNG
soon, there will be super highway and rail network connecting my city (abbottabad) to China and islamabad directly:victory:

soon, there will be super highway and rail network connecting my city (abbottabad) to China and islamabad directly:victory:
yeah. China is going to build super cool highway from Islamabad to China border.

I must say I am amazed to see that few of the Pakistan's highway(not all) can teach a lesson to western highway.:cheers: 1 thing is bit confusing me. I thought that Islamabad is located on the last end of hills & these highways pass from plain lands. But in pics there are more than enough hills.:undecided: I thought that because of Indian harsh terrain it is quite expensive to develop highway.:confused: I am requesting Imran Bhai please make a sticky thread for Motorway & highway in Pakistan thread.:offtopic: I have 1 question for my countrymen that I have never heard of motorway in India. Is there any plan to introduce motorway in India?:unsure:

I must say I am amazed to see that few of the Pakistan's highway(not all) can teach a lesson to western highway.:cheers: 1 thing is bit confusing me. I thought that Islamabad is located on the last end of hills & these highways pass from plain lands. But in pics there are more than enough hills.:undecided: I thought that because of Indian harsh terrain it is quite expensive to develop highway.:confused: I am requesting Imran Bhai please make a sticky thread for Motorway & highway in Pakistan thread.:offtopic: I have 1 question for my countrymen that I have never heard of motorway in India. Is there any plan to introduce motorway in India?:unsure:

ohh dear from karachi sea cost to khyberpass you have to everything start from indus vally to plain punjab till upper punjab potohar and high green mountains from kalar kahar tolll azad kashmir and then giglit baltistan you have snow glaciers . they cut the mountaineers when needed for motorway and pay billions for feasibility of motorways .

6 billion Pakistani Rupees is about 64 million dollars.
Isn't that too small to be running railway services for a country as large as Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom