What's new

Govt may double tax on transfer of properties

is this a good move?

• Total voters
that where the problem lies the mentality that if someone is doing something wrong then i am also entitled to do that wrong tax is your responsibility toward Pakistan and you are legally bound to pay it no matter who is ruling the country and one can't just doge it because a powerful figure in Pakistan is doing it.this way you will never be able to hold them accountable because you yourself will have committed the same crimes as them.

paying tax is good no doubt about it but when someone knows that it would be used for some better purpose in better way otherwise i will again rephrase if a boat has many holes no meter what you will do water will come out of it. instead of rising the voice against the corruption of our politicians in govt and their in ability to increase the tax net and in competence ignoring the fact that this year we have a deficiency of 77% of foreign investment in Pakistan which about half a billion(
though our law and order situation is much much better than past) while Pakistani investors have invested 2.18 Billion $ in Dubai during last one year mostly in properties and detail of rest of countries you can google.
so such blind spikes in tax rates will cause more and more corruption and more flight of money aboard. what good if govt increase the tax net?? otherwise through this .. those who are already paying tax will keep paying more and more and more .... show will go on ...at the end i wanna conclude it with ...
ur_dhuup-men-niklo-ghataaon-men-nahaa-kar-dekho-nida-fazli-ghazals.png

Last edited:
Result of Increase in Property Tax

small investor and ordinary public will be affected with this increase since the big fishes know very well how to maneuver with laws and how to manipulate the system to avoid taxes.
Property prices in Pakistan are now almost out of the reach of ordinary Pakistanis thanks to Expats and Tax evaders dumping their wealth in real estate to hide their money trail.

screw the govt... Instead of bringing more people into the tax net these Fukin idiots are increasing tax on everything ...
This is one way of bringing more people into the tax net. This is a good step especially the CGT. It will force people to pay taxes and probably will hit middle class and above the most. People who buy properties and hold them for less than 5 years will now pay 10% CGT on them. How many poor people do you see buying and selling properties as their business?
the mentality that if someone is doing something wrong then i am also entitled to do that wrong
The above sums it up really.

Can they now reverse tax on milk?
they should because if they are increasing direct tax some relief should be given in indirect taxes.

hmm in india the highest selling price in that area becomes the base price (multiply by 4) if govt want to acquire + government can only acquire if they can convince its in the public interest like roads, canals etc
here the purpose is to prevent the tax evasion if government feels that you are selling at extremely low rate to avoid tax then they will intervene but it is rare

This will kill property speculators and stabilize the Property prices in long term.

let me summarize my thoughts

Why we pay Taxes?

The government uses taxes to pay for things that most people use, such as roads, schools, libraries, police, fire protection, defense and other govt services, that is why govt officers in west use to be known as public servants.

how good govt departments are doing ... you are a better judge...

Why Pakistani govt Collect Less Taxes

Due to administrative weaknesses , corruption, lower tax compliance and under-reporting, Pakistan is bleeding Rs3.3 trillion a year in revenue – an amount that is higher than this year’s total tax collection target. further number of tax payers has.t increase but instead govt is imposing more and more taxes on already tax payers and such move will further cause disappointment in investors and and in ordinary public. the original tax payers who were suppose to be tax are exempted including most of politicians and core industrialists. so the tax boat has so many holes in it no meter how much money you will pour on it .. it will drain out through those holes.

Result of Increase in Property Tax

small investor and ordinary public will be affected with this increase since the big fishes know very well how to maneuver with laws and how to manipulate the system to avoid taxes.
Less than 0.5% of Pakistan pays taxes

i am not affiliated with any political party do i will not defend N league .but lets be honest how many of us properly file the income tax return.if common man of Pakistan is not paying direct tax then gov of Pakistan has to gather it in indirect way.i know the system is not perfect but need to force people to pay direct tax and file their tax return.and current government seams to be doing the exact thing making the life miserable for non tax filer.
now government next step should to hold adverts, seminars and addition of tax subject(or integration of it with maths) at intermediate or graduation level.to rise awareness in the public about how much financially feasible it is to pay direct tax rather then paying indirect tax
that is because they donot earn that much. minimum taxable income was 400k rupees year, many earn below that. many who pay direct taxes donot know how to file them. increases indirect taxes is increasing the burden on lower middle to lower income class households. pray tell me how will this force people to pay direct taxes?

Less than 0.5% files taxes, there is a difference between filing and paying.

and frankly why the hell should we even pay taxes? is the govt providing any security? any justice? any infrastructural reform? any health or educational facilities on par with international institutes? is govt providing anything at all in return to the masses?

The solution to our problem is not increase existing tax but broaden the horizon of tax collection by imposing tax on untaxed subjects such as agriculture

Just waiting for the day when these goons will impose a tax on breathing..That's the only thing that is tax free yet I think.:hitwall:

not a single penny of tax to the corrupt govts of pakistan

Back
Top Bottom