What's new

Government sets 4.8% GDP growth target for FY22

Unfortunately in Pakistan economic growth comes with higher imports and we may head towards IMF again after 2023. Unless all that extra money in people hands is somehow taken off them with unpopular decisions. Need to think out of box to collect taxes.
Not really. All you need to do is keep the CAD in check via which will automatically be keep you away from IMF
Downside inflation may run higher which means you wont win thr next election
Seeing IK believes in not going to IMF I am now confident pakistan wont go to IMF in 2023...it will go to IMF in 2028 instead under maryum nawaz ..soon qazi aesa will declare nawaz sharif case as null citing his own case judegemnt where assets beyond means is not criminal and kick backs are halal

While they may fine/ban microsoft for lying about calibri..microsoft is lying maryum nawaz isnt

Not really. All you need to do is keep the CAD in check via which will automatically be keep you away from IMF
Seeing IK believes in not going to IMF I am now confident pakistan wont go to IMF in 2023...it will go to IMF in 2028 instead under maryum nawaz ..soon qazi aesa will declare nawaz sharif case as null citing his own case judegemnt where assets beyond means is not criminal and kick backs are halal

While they may fine/ban microsoft for lying about calibri..microsoft is lying maryum nawaz isnt

How do you keep CAD in check? Need for people having certain lifestyle pay more taxes. To start off anual tax on vehicles and property of certain value. Ok let provinces collect this tax but something needs to be done for rich to pay more taxes.

How do you keep CAD in check? Need for people having certain lifestyle pay more taxes. To start off anual tax on vehicles and property of certain value. Ok let provinces collect this tax but something needs to be done for rich to pay more taxes.
You keep CAD by
not encouraging imports, state bank lending and artifical rupee parity

And

increasing exports , stremalining remitances and productivity

You keep CAD by
not encouraging imports, state bank lending and artifical rupee parity

And

increasing exports , stremalining remitances and productivity
Exactly, make luxury goods expensive. People with either pay through the nose for them or not buy them.

Maryam Nawaz is disqualified and government just filed another reference against Qazi Faiz Isa. I think PTI will fight tooth and nail to not this dog become CJ.

Secondly PML-N isn't popular enough to form the next government. They will have to do very well in Central Punjab and then make alliances with PPP+MQM even then it'll be a very weak government.

PTI have already started to dig their claws in PML-N voter base, universal health insurance launched in seven districts of Punjab with all to be covered by year end. Now th economy is rapidly improving as well, so if things keep going this way PTI will not only regain their lost popularity they will substantially increase it as well.

So no I don't see Maryam Nawaz or PML-N in government after 2023. PTI all set to get another term, however with our establishment you never know they might want to give failed Sharifs another deal and bring them back.

True..

Revenue target for FY22 will be Rs 5,800b which as per today's GDP is 12%, but by then GDP size would also have grown so tax to GDP may only be about 10% by end of FY22, provided we meet the target. A country cannot substantially expand economy till it starts collecting atleast 20% of GDP in tax. We may never get there because inorder to do so large land holders will have to be heavily taxed and all our parliamentarians come from big landed class.

Today in Asad Umar's press conference (video in OP)... he mentioned that PSDP for FY22 will be around 900b which is 250b more than current FY. Just this 250b increase will add 0.25% increase in GDP growth so imagine if we increase PSDP by 2tr we could add 1-2% in GDP growth as you mentioned and easily start hitting serious growth numbers like 7-8%.

At that growth rate we could double our economy in 5-6 years.
Just doing one thing i.e digitalization of sales tax, payments and invoice tracking will add 1-2 trillion rupees

This basically zero work its just a polciy decision which govt went and walked back several times after establishment asked the govt to walk back when traders refused to accept it

It seems the Oil sector might be correctd this will be 300b rupees
Maryam Nawaz is disqualified and government just filed another reference against Qazi Faiz Isa. I think PTI will fight tooth and nail to not this dog become CJ.

Secondly PML-N isn't popular enough to form the next government. They will have to do very well in Central Punjab and then make alliances with PPP+MQM even then it'll be a very weak government.

PTI have already started to dig their claws in PML-N voter base, universal health insurance launched in seven districts of Punjab with all to be covered by year end. Now th economy is rapidly improving as well, so if things keep going this way PTI will not only regain their lost popularity they will substantially increase it as well.

So no I don't see Maryam Nawaz or PML-N in government after 2023. PTI all set to get another term, however with our establishment you never know they might want to give failed Sharifs another deal and bring them back.
1. Judges will protect qazi essa
2. Qazi essa will over turn maryum-nawaz judgement if shahbaz mends ties with army
3. PMLN enjoys unconditonal large support in central PUNJAB as he has embeded jaag punjabi jaag and has all the govt beurocrats and judicary/election comission under/apointed by him
4. Central punjab has 99 seats, you need 136 to form the govt(out of 272)
PPPP formed govt in 2008 after winning 78 seats, PMLN can do so if it clean sweeps central punjab rather just wining it(56 out of 99 in 2018; need around 80out of 99)

Infact PMLN popularity may have gone up

However if govt address lahore problems..get growth in 6+ range things might change

5. PTI will hold KPK but i am not sure how karachi will behave? Will they vote for PPPP(or dont vote low turn out=pppp vote) or will PTI win back karachi
We know that although KIV will be almost completed delivwring that water to karachi will take another 2-3 years
KCR will take 7-8 years
Though nalas and BRTs might be completed

Last edited:
If PML(N) or PPP comes back to power in 2023, then answer is: NEVER.
PML-N is feeling the heat. They are holding a press conference tomorrow to discuss how PTI ruined the economy (lol) and also in their internal meeting Rana Sana said we did a survey of our members in Punjab and 80% would be unwilling to get PML-N ticket in 2023. PPP has no realistic chance of coming to power in the next few elections. In the by-elections held a couple months back I believe in Khushab, Punjab they managed to get 230 odd votes from 220 odd polling stations so slightly more than 1 vote per polling station lol. They can only win from interior Sindh.

As the economy improves the chances of PTI second term increase day by day.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23]

PML-N is feeling the heat. They are holding a press conference tomorrow to discuss how PTI ruined the economy (lol) and also in their internal meeting Rana Sana said we did a survey of our members in Punjab and 80% would be unwilling to get PML-N ticket in 2023. PPP has no realistic chance of coming to power in the next few elections. In the by-elections held a couple months back I believe in Khushab, Punjab they managed to get 230 odd votes from 220 odd polling stations so slightly more than 1 vote per polling station lol. They can only win from interior Sindh.

As the economy improves the chances of PTI second term increase day by day.

Back
Top Bottom