What's new

Government plans nuclear missile shield in Delhi

Levina

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

Back in news!!

Phase-I was completed long back... whatever is happening on David Sling and Israeli arrow front!

Government plans nuclear missile shield in Delhi

ByManu Pubby, ET Bureau | 4 Apr, 2015, 02.44AM IST
pragati-missile_afp.jpg

Officials familiar with the matter told ET placing the radars is the beginning of an accelerated process in creating a missile cover for major Indian cities.

NEW DELHI: Modi Sarkar has taken the first real step in giving India's capital city, Delhi, a security cover that cities such as Beijing and Washington already have — anuclear missile shield. Two long-range missile-tracking radars have been placed in the national capital region.

When completed, the shield will be able to intercept missiles fired from as far as 5,000 km away. Seniorgovernmentofficials familiar with the matter told ET placing the radars is the beginning of an accelerated process in creating a missile cover for major Indian cities. The next Indian city to be covered isMumbai.

Major cities around the world such as Washington, Beijing, Paris, London and Tel Aviv all have missile shields.

India's missile shield programme has fallen behind over the past two years. The programme started in real earnest in 2006 and 2009-12 saw many tests. However, say senior officials, 2013 and 2014 were lull years for the programme. There was a failed test in April 2014.

Officials said the Modi government had ordered a major acceleration of the missile shield programme immediately after coming to power last May. Placing the long-range radars — Swordfish, developed with Israeli assistance, and capable of tracking incoming missiles from a range of 800 km — is a first big step that will be followed by placing missile interceptor units by 2016.

Missile tests will be held regularly, officials said. Next Monday will see an air defence missile test from Wheeler Island, off the Odisha coast. Wheeler Island is India's main missile testing location.

The missile shield system will require several dozen missiles to be produced annually in the first phase. Missile defence systems in India use both long- and short range interceptors. Officials said India was better prepared in developing short-range interceptor missiles. The long range system will require more tests.

Officials say the Modi government's view is that given the growing sophistication of nuclear arsenal in India's neighbourhood, the lack of a missile defence system was a major security gap. The missile shield is even more critical for India given its 'no first use' policy for nuclear weapons, a doctrine that Pakistan doesn't follow.

A major project cleared by the Modi government in its first months in power was to approve setting up a $1-billion facility inDRDOto manufacture vital seeker systems. Seeker systems direct missiles in the final phase of targeting. The facility, expected to come up near Hyderabad, is critical for missile shield.

Last edited:
I thought Imdia already has anti missile defense after years of testing. I wonder what kind of system is this...

unless the whole country is in the shield there is not going to be much point. directly or indrectly the cities under shield effected as well. the danger of nuclear was is not just the blast you know

I strongly believe Zionist Jews and Christians are funding & preparing India to Start WWIII with Pakistan, India will soon be able to take out major Cities of Pakistan with Nukes but Pakistan will not be able to take out Major Cities of India

This is the beginning of End, Modi Government was brought in Power to destroy Pakistan, this was the Plan hatch by Zionist Jews after Pakistan Nuke blast and it will be done for greater Israel

A castle is yet to be built that cannot be conquered....

Any ways PAC3 in turkey miserably failed to intercept a dusty old scud from syria just last week

I strongly believe Zionist Jews and Christians are funding & preparing India to Start WWIII with Pakistan, India will soon be able to take out major Cities of Pakistan with Nukes but Pakistan will not be able to take out Major Cities of India

This is the beginning of End, Modi Government was brought in Power to destroy Pakistan, this was the Plan hatch by Zionist Jews after Pakistan Nuke blast and it will be done for greater Israel
:crazy::crazy::crazy:

errr

Indians are not that stupid believe it or not

Yes, it is all decided. Why suffer? Go ahead and off yourself.

Good and creative analysis. But reality is missing. Israelis are more worried about Iranian nuclear program not Pakistan's because Pakistan is already at a very advance stage. More over, the modus operandi of Israel to counter Pakistan's nuclear threat will be more to initiate a rivalry between Iran and Pakistan. Not India and Pakistan. Or the balkanisation of Pakistan.

A castle is yet to be built that cannot be conquered....

Any ways PAC3 in turkey miserably failed to intercept a dusty old scud from syria just last week

Absolutely true. Just as it is also true that no single weapon (read nukes) is invincible over an infinite period of time. Just as BMD can be defeated, so can nukes. Ultimately it comes down to the funding provided for the two.

And BMDs are getting cheaper. The missile we chose for BMD is really a modified BM, drastically cutting costs. The rest of the hardware: radars, satellite based ISR etc are reusable.

Absolutely true. Just as it is also true that no single weapon (read nukes) is invincible over an infinite period of time. Just as BMD can be defeated, so can nukes. Ultimately it comes down to the funding provided for the two.

And BMDs are getting cheaper. The missile we chose for BMD is really a modified BM, drastically cutting costs. The rest of the hardware: radars, satellite based ISR etc are reusable.

For every weapon there is or will be a counter..it will come down to persevarence and luck when the day finally arives

I thought Imdia already has anti missile defense after years of testing. I wonder what kind of system is this...
Yes we have PAD (Prithvi air defence system) for higher altitudes and it was successfully tested back in 2007. We also have AAD (advanced air defence system) for lower altitudes. The phase I of this project is already complete, waiting for phase II to complete.

Good and creative analysis. But reality is missing. Israelis are more worried about Iranian nuclear program not Pakistan's because Pakistan is already at a very advance stage. More over, the modus operandi of Israel to counter Pakistan's nuclear threat will be more to initiate a rivalry between Iran and Pakistan. Not India and Pakistan. Or the balkanisation of Pakistan.
if iran gets nukes saudi and turks are not going to sit on their back side, they will get the bomb too.

and tbh i think pakistan is past baklanisation now. what could happen is isreal may just start supporting groups in the coutry for terrorist activites resulting in loss of foreign investments. which means a slower economy which obviously means less advanced tech pakistan can buy for her military to threaten israel

but why the hell should isreal get involved in pakistan when they have a whole mess in the middle east to deal with ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom