What's new

Government clears proposal for buying 15 Israeli-made UAVs

Looks like India is arming itself to the teeth at this point I guess.
Not really, the Indian army is operating lot of Soviet era equipment, and they are just in the process of upgrading and bringing the system to the current standards. All the current purchases are meant for replacing the older aging system. The UAV's will just add to a level of security to our borders.

Making up for the lost decade that was the 90's.

Point taken. Although I must attest that India always looks for the best(ish) of the best when it comes to its arms deal.

All the best.

Not really, the Indian army is operating lot of Soviet era equipment, and they are just in the process of upgrading and bringing the system to the current standards. All the current purchases are meant for replacing the older aging system. The UAV's will just add to a level of security to our borders.

All countries have the right to develop, expand, and upgrade their military capabilities, India is no exception, and they've got the money for it as well. Currently, we are too running a major upgrade to the entire military & defense establishment.

I would love to see the new subs you guys bought from the French operational, they must be a state-of-the-art ...

One can never be too complacent ... can it? As long as its conventional there is no harm in preparing for the worst.

With a China on the raise, the Indians would be fools if they didn't do what their doing as of right now.

Point taken. Although I must attest that India always looks for the best(ish) of the best when it comes to its arms deal.

All the best.

bro,actually,if you find about our drone procurement/development,you may find that india is procuring most drones than others.MAV,Hand Held drones,midium as well as long endurance one,maritime one as well as developing our first MALE cum UCAV drone.

With a China on the raise, the Indians would be fools if they didn't do what their doing as of right now.
True that ... but our quarrel with Pakistan is also seen as a Muslims vs Non Muslims thing. Whereas the truth is its a fight among two brothers who are bitter at each other. Except Pakistan/Bangladesh we don't really have anything against any other Muslim country (be it shia/sunni). We Indians might come across at times anti-Muslims but reality is altogether different. You might agree with our perception or might not, its a totally different thing.

bro,actually,if you find about our drone procurement/development,you may find that india is procuring most drones than others.MAV,Hand Held drones,midium as well as long endurance one,maritime one as well as developing our first MALE cum UCAV drone.

This comes at no surprise bro.

These days, UAV technology plays a major role in terms of protecting countries' boarders, observation, and the introduction of the use of force - If needed -

This comes at no surprise bro.

These days, UAV technology plays a major role in terms of protecting countries' boarders, observation, and the introduction of the use of force - If needed -

Right now, the UAVs are being used and (needed) in Kashmir to monitor infiltration of insurgents from across the border. The UAVs have been found to be extremely useful in this role.

True that ... but our quarrel with Pakistan is also seen as a Muslims vs Non Muslims thing. Whereas the truth is its a fight among two brothers who are bitter at each other. Except Pakistan/Bangladesh we don't really have anything against any other Muslim country (be it shia/sunni). We Indians might come across at times anti-Muslims but reality is altogether different. You might agree with our perception or might not, its a totally different thing.

I have to take a sharp disagreement with you on that. If the Indo-Pakistani conflict was solely based on faith, we wouldn't have seen India enjoying good relations with most - if not all Muslim countries -

I think the core of the issue in this conflict is territorial dispute on Kashmir. Hopefully, this issue will be solved in near future.

Right now, the UAVs are being used and (needed) in Kashmir to monitor infiltration of insurgents from across the border. The UAVs have been found to be extremely useful in this role.

We use them as well to monitor our boarders with Yemen.

They've been so helpful, no doubt you guys are going after it.

I have to take a sharp disagreement with you on that. If the Indo-Pakistani conflict was solely based on faith, we wouldn't have seen India enjoying good relations with most - if not all Muslim countries -

I think the core of the issue in this conflict is territorial dispute on Kashmir. Hopefully, this issue will be solved in near future.

There is no religious dispute with Pakistan, its a dispute over land; though various parties (for their own twisted reasons) try to give it that religious color.
Undeniably, Kashmir is a point of dispute; but that can be kept aside till some solution can be found. That should not be the reason for a continued insurgency by some external parties. As well as cross-border firing and shelling off and on.

We have a border dispute with China; but it never feels that there will be a war just about to happen.
No Indian will be able to remember when exactly the last bullets were fired on the Indo-Chinese border, it was so long ago. But Kashmir is not like that.

I guess I wasn't able to express myself in a coherent way back there, what you said was exactly what I meant. It's a territorial dispute which kind of evolved into a religious one.

I never said the dispute is based on religion. Such assumption defies logic as India has more Muslims population than Pakistan itself.

There is no religious dispute with Pakistan, its a dispute over land; though various parties (for their own twisted reasons) try to give it that religious color.
Undeniably, Kashmir is a point of dispute; but that can be kept aside till some solution can be found. That should not be the reason for a continued insurgency by some external parties. As well as cross-border firing and shelling off and on.

We have a border dispute with China; but it never feels that there will be a war just about to happen.
No Indian will be able to remember when exactly the last bullets were fired on the Indo-Chinese border, it was so long ago. But Kashmir is not like that.

You don't want to underestimate the heat-up with China as much as you don't need to overestimate the threat coming from Pakistan.

I guess I wasn't able to express myself in a coherent way back there, what you said was exactly what I meant. It's a territorial dispute which kind of evolved into a religious one.

Point taken.

I believe this is a common misconception most Indians might think of when it come to the conflict with Pakistan.

I never said the dispute is based on religion. Such assumption defies logic as India has more Muslims population than Pakistan itself.

You don't want to underestimate the heat-up with China as much as you don't need to overestimate the threat coming from Pakistan.

Pardon me; you certainly did not say that its a religious dispute and I was not even implying that.

About China; its true that China is showing signs of being agressive. But it was expected. It has something to do with the recent change in leadership in China as well as a Military Leadership that wants to assert itself. Coupled with a looming uncertainty in economical conditions. These conditions work very well to create hyper-nationalism. This leds to brinkmanship more easily than to war.
But that is certainly no cause to underestimate China.

Back
Top Bottom