What's new

Google to Invest $10 Billion in India Digitization Push

Great news for our economy. But now this stupid govt should stop screwing up the businesses and lift this useless lockdown.

Facebook, Google, Twitter spark mutiny over Pakistan censorship demands. I can see these companies have joined forces in a threat to abandon the country entirely. I also read about The Cyber Threat Facing Pakistan; Indian cyberattacks against Pakistan became more serious, given India’s growing cybersecurity cooperation with Israel and recent openly support of China on skirmish. Am I in the right direction? maybe my intel is low, Nav me here.

buddy we have been asking them for a long time to open offices in Islamabad, have localized on-prem data centers to host servers for data localization however they have been using excuses with us while they continue granting others the same thing in the neighborhood and beyond , a clear bias against Pakistani state.
The excuses they use
1) Our data privacy measures are not adequate .
2) Data controller(xyz internet site) not us the data processor( the subject country) decides if a particular cross border flow needs to be protected or not..implies we cant inspect a flow in certain cases, un-inspected encrypted traffic means an open can for cyber attacks and malware..Not just that Pakistan wanted to do a self-certification process(a two-tiered security risk assessment) for any outside company doing business in Pakistan..This effectively weakens our plan to protect our own citizens from internet fraud and other malices.
3) We dont provide specific details of SPD(Sensitive Personal Data).This is is just an irritant they use on us from time to time for their so-called free-speech mantra.
4) we are not ready to share PDPA(Personal data protection authority) powers. Their way to build influence.

It all boils down to this, we are not ready for the European initiatives like GDPR therefore we cant avail these perks.They are defining their rules for trans-global e-commerce and its imperative we see our interests.
If all these giants can invest billions in India while india has similar issues like us but we are the ones that get threatened of an exit from Pakistan internet space, then the joke is on us.

Think you are confusing Modi with that Bhutto fellow who literally gifted 5500sq km to China without a fight.
we have no dispute with china, FYI China ceded an extra 500km to Pakistan in the alignment of the border.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. Did they also give you free macbooks and ipads with it?
nope , they give us these photos to watch on iPad, :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 8.02.56 AM.png

buddy we have been asking them for a long time to open offices in Islamabad, have localized on-prem data centers to host servers for data localization however they have been using excuses with us while they continue granting others the same thing in the neighborhood and beyond , a clear bias against Pakistani state.
The excuses they use
1) Our data privacy measures are not adequate .
2) Data controller(xyz internet site) not us the data processor( the subject country) decides if a particular cross border flow needs to be protected or not..implies we cant inspect a flow in certain cases, un-inspected encrypted traffic means an open can for cyber attacks and malware..Not just that Pakistan wanted to do a self-certification process(a two-tiered security risk assessment) for any outside company doing business in Pakistan..This effectively weakens our plan to protect our own citizens from internet fraud and other malices.
3) We dont provide specific details of SPD(Sensitive Personal Data).This is is just an irritant they use on us from time to time for their so-called free-speech mantra.
4) we are not ready to share PDPA(Personal data protection authority) powers. Their way to build influence.

It all boils down to this, we are not ready for the European initiatives like GDPR therefore we cant avail these perks.They are defining their rules for trans-global e-commerce and its imperative we see our interests.
If all these giants can invest billions in India while india has similar issues like us but we are the ones that get threatened of an exit from Pakistan internet space, then the joke is on us.
well, this what you need to pay if you stand openly with china. More sanctions are going to impose on us.

Yes, and in return, you ceded 5500sq km of land :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
So what is a problem, we gifted our land to our long-lasting friend. difference between your area lost is you no longer go there in your claim territories, but we don't have such type of issue with china and can go without any restriction.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

well, this what you need to pay if you stand openly with china. More sanctions are going to impose on us.

So what is a problem, we gifted our land to our long-lasting friend. difference between your area lost is you no longer go there in your claim territories, but we don't have such type of issue with china and can go without any restriction.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So you basically gave away 5500 sq km to buy a friend ?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. How low is that? Besides, last time i checked, Pakistanis need a visa to visit any part of China. Try crossing the border and let me know how it goes.

at this time our leader's decision was right. Nehru picks the fight with China, and you are paying the price.
Don't see on our border require any Visa, they are dancing each other.:flame::flame::flame::flame: ...you having lot of fun in trolling..

at this time our leader's decision was right. Nehru picks the fight with China, and you are paying the price.
Don't see on our border require any Visa, they are dancing each other.

So you paid 5500 sq km to be able to dance with them :lol::lol::lol:

So you paid 5500 sq km to be able to dance with them :lol::lol::lol:
it is very hard to deal with a little Indian mind, are you getting my point in the exchange of 5500km, we gain more land from china.:rofl::rofl::rofl: go and read the Contract again. don't waste our precious BW with your nonsense trolling.

Google says it will spend $10 billion to accelerate digitization in India
9509a70e-c00a-4a50-ad45-2ef92f2db5af_16x9_600x338.jpg

Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google's parent company, Alphabet. (File photo: Reuters)
BloombergMonday 13 July 2020
Text size outbreak of the coronavirus has made clear the importance of technology for conducting business and for connecting with friends and family.

This is a reflection of our confidence in the future of India and its digital economy,” he said of the India Digitization Fund.

For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app

Google said the investments would focus on several key areas:

Enabling affordable access and information for every Indian in their own language, including Hindi, Tamil and Punjabi
• Building new products and services that are relevant to India’s unique needs
• Empowering businesses as they continue or embark on their digital transformation
• Leveraging technology and artificial intelligence for social good, in areas like health, education, and agriculture

Google, founded in 1998 in Silicon Valley, entered India six years later with offices in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Its focus at the time was search services to help people find relevant information on everything from Bollywood news to cricket scores, Pichai said.

The India business has since grown into one of the company’s most important. The country now has more than 500 million internet users, second only to China, with growth that has drawn all the American technology giants.

Google, Amazon.com Inc. and Facebook Inc. are plowing billions into the market to gain users and set the foundation for future revenue growth. The country is fertile ground as the companies vie to become the gateway for first-time internet users going online to buy products, stream content, find information and make payments.

In the last decade, Google has successfully launched several products in India, including a Google Saathi service to bring women in rural areas online and its popular Google Pay service.

This mission is deeply personal to me,” Pichai said. “When I was young, every new piece of technology brought new opportunities to learn and grow. But I always had to wait for it to arrive from someplace else. Today, people in India no longer have to wait for technology.”

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/bu...lion-to-accelerate-digitization-in-India.html

Lol...after PEPSI, google is next.

it is very hard to deal with a little Indian mind, are you getting my point in the exchange of 5500km, we gain more land from china.:rofl::rofl::rofl: go and read the Contract again. don't waste our precious BW with your nonsense trolling.

No you didn't gain any land. You lost 5500sq km, simple as that. China never gives away any land. Your government lied to you and you accepted it. Any proof that you gained land? Any maps to prove the same? No. All maps show that Shaksgam valley is a part of China. Meanwhile, no area occupied by China before 1963 is currently shown to be part of Pakistan. But since your literacy rate is 50%, you believe anything. :lol::lol::lol:. Show me a map of China before 1963 and circle the area that was given to Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom