What's new

Google Nexus 5 released!

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

So it basically is: Under the hood is a 2.2Ghz quad-core Snapdragon 800 and 2GB of RAM, pushing pixels to a glorious 4.95-inch 1080p display.

and some says it's 2.3Ghz so it will be confirmed soon

So who else is buying? I am seriously considering to buy it soon

The Nexus 5 is out!? :woot: Awesome! :partay: Now all I have to do is wait for the Nexus 5 to arrive here & hopefully, the 32 GB model will be available in Saudi Arabia.

Nexus 5

Android 4.4 KitKat

Last edited:
Android chief Sundar Pichai said "The first thing you’ll notice about KitKat is we’ve made the experience much more engaging: the book you're reading, the game you're playing, or the movie you're watching—now all of these take center stage with the new immersive mode, which automatically hides everything except what you really want to see."

He added that the phone itself is "The slimmest and fastest Nexus phone ever made. Its design is simple and refined to showcase the 5” Full HD display. Nexus 5 also keeps you connected at blazing speeds with 4G/LTE and ultra fast wifi. The advanced new lens on Nexus 5 captures more light for brighter night and sharper action shots. And with optical image stabilization, you no longer have to worry about shaky hands and blurry pictures."

Carphone Warehouse will sell the device for £295 . Official Google Play Store prices are £299 for the 16GB model and £339 for the 32GB model.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

The new operating system also updates Google's Hangouts software and the phone's dialler, which will now identify incoming calls from contacts stored across a user's various profiles and accounts. The device will also feature the ‘hot word search’, which means it is always ‘listening’ for the phrase “OK Google”, which can then trigger voice commands.

Featuring a Snapdragon processor, the device also emphasises Google Now, which can, for instance, integrate notes left by users with their location. This allows it to show a pre-set reminder to buy milk when a user is near a supermarket.

The screen offers 445 ppi, while the device measures 69.17x137.84x8.59 mm and weighs 130g. As with previous Nexus models it also features wireless charging and NFC.

Pichai added that "With KitKat, we've slimmed down Android’s memory footprint by doing things like removing unnecessary background services and reducing the memory consumption of features that you use all the time. We did this not only within Android but across Google services like Chrome and YouTube. RAM (or memory) is one of the most expensive parts of a phone, and now Android can run comfortably on the 512MB of RAM devices that are popular in much of the world, bringing the latest goodies in Android 4.4 within reach for the next billion smartphone users."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/10418712/Nexus-5-phone-announced-by-Google.html

Last edited:
lg-google-nexus-5-1.jpg

So who else is buying? I am seriously considering to buy it soon

I was going to order yesterday but "Out of Stock" Already :-s I hate Google for that..

btw I didn't get it you are putting one of the fasters processor, yet less RAM, I was expecting around 4 GB, because of the display and this new OS. But again, for 349$ this is the best deal any way.

Display is too good, lets hope Kitkat is ready to use this processing speed and make use of one of the best PPI display.

Nokia Lumia 1520

o_O

nokia-lumia-1520-2.jpg
Actually both has same processing speed, OS difference Android vs Windows, Nexus 5 has more PPI means better screen resolution. Nokia has edge on the camera and camera tweaks. But the best quality which Nokia, Samsung or other could adopt as Nexus is the Price. Nexus 5 is way to cheaper as compare to Lumina 1520. It's like buying two or two n half nexus 5 in price of one Lumina 1520. and the AppStore sucks on Microsoft, so still my points will go to Nexus 5 otherwise people can choose between Note 3 or Lumina 1520, and there as well choice is obvious that is not lumina.

Last edited:
The Nexus 5 is out!? :woot: Awesome! :partay: Now all I have to do is wait for the Nexus 5 to arrive here & hopefully, the 32 GB model will be available in Saudi Arabia.

Nexus 5

Android 4.4 KitKat

It will take time to come to Saudi and will be at a premium.
Why not order from UK now? At £295, it is a steal!

Note Don't buy from US or the US version as the LTE is not compatible with Saudi Networks.

It will take time to come to Saudi and will be at a premium.
Why not order from UK now? At £295, it is a steal!

Note Don't buy from US or the US version as the LTE is not compatible with Saudi Networks.

I was think about ordering from Negri Electronics before, but I don't want to go through the hassle of checking their warranty's applicability & contacting them for shipping to a P.O. Box address. Negri Electronics is offering LG D821; the international model of the Nexus 5, & as far as I know its LTE bands should function in Saudi Arabia. Do you have any idea as to when the device is supposed to arrive here?

Back
Top Bottom