What's new

Google.com.pk and 284 Other .PK Domains Hacked

fawwaxs

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Start page for majority of Pakistanis – when they first visited it this morning – was found hacked and defaced. Yes, Google.Com.PK along with 284 other .PK domains were hacked today (and are still defaced).

According to Irfan Ahmed, an expert on Pakistani websites and web-servers, this defacement is due to change in DNS entries for 284 .PK domains that are managed by MarkMoniter.

Defaced domains include Microsoft.PK, apple.PK, paypal.PK, ebay.PK, blogspot.PK, chrome.PK, Cisco.PK and others.

Apparently no one has claimed the responsibility for the incident, but a message appearing on defaced pages, including on Google.com.pk is displaying a message in Turkish language, hinting that the hacker could be Turkish in origin.

Hacker hasn’t left any message for anyone, unlike the norm that hackers follow to convey their message through such defacements.

However, there is a phrase saying “Downed Pakistan”, a sign of victory for hackers when the deface a website.

Check below the screenshot of hacked Google.com.pk – which is still in-tact for few users.

Google.com.pk and 284 Other .PK Domains Hacked

Let me check mine, last two times it were indian hackers !! :sick:

ISLAMABAD: The Google Pakistan (Google.Com.Pk) search engine has reportedly been hacked by an international hacker group EBOZ, blocking access for consumers of various internet providers company to the search engine, FP News desk reported on Saturay.

The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) said that the search engine had been reconstructed and restored hours after the hackers attack. However, Google. Com international search engine has been working as usual.

Turkish hackers deface Google Pakistan's webpage

470594-googlepkhacked-1353723427-106-640x480.jpg

Early Saturday morning, attempts to access search engine Google led to a page which appeared and behaved in a manner quite unlike the familiar logo and search bar one is used to. Google had been hacked and defaced.
The defaced webpage appeared only on the Pakistan sub-site for the search engine, www.Google.com.pk. Those who access Google from within Pakistan are usually redirected to this portal. Though soon, the redirect stopped working and one was taken to the international page Google.com for search queries.
Hackers swapped the Google logo and a search bar with an image of two penguins walking on a bridge. A message in Turkish read (translated through Google translate):

“Eboz of a friend always there for me My homies have not shot by me with every breath”

It further added the line “Downed Pakistan” to confirm the webpage had been taken down.
At the bottom of the page, the hackers added a big question mark followed by the tag line that when translated read:

“Hello friends who are still alive, not dead!”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/470594/turkish-hackers-deface-google-pakistans-webpage/

Looks like Rehman Malik asked for backup!

Back in 2010 Indian hackers attacked 40 Pakistani Websites and Pakistani Hackers As an Answer also hacked Indian Government Website and left a message that ''we are sleeping not dead'' and this time the so called Turkish hackers left the message ''Hello friends who are still alive, not dead'. So who are they? Turkish?

Google.com.pk is now accessed by Chinese...the whole page is in mandarin

Google.com.pk was not actually hacked. Script kiddies can't even dream of touching it. What probably happened is they changed DNS and PKNIC the registry that looks after .pk domains is at fault here.

Google.com.pk was not actually hacked. Script kiddies can't even dream of touching it. What probably happened is they changed DNS and PKNIC the registry that looks after .pk domains is at fault here.
Correct..... the DNS entries were modified, thats why people looking for google.com.pk where directed to another url/host/IP......

I am more impressed that Google has a Pakistan page and that it is in Urdu. Why don't more people here write in Urdu script rather then Bastardizing the language by writing it in Roman script?

I am more impressed that Google has a Pakistan page and that it is in Urdu. Why don't more people here write in Urdu script rather then Bastardizing the language by writing it in Roman script?

100% agreed. And that's what I am trying to do these days. There is another forum where a good number of people write in Urdu and it is more fun and easy to read and convey message in your native language.
But Urdu writing is not as easy as English so it will take sometime getting used to it.

Dont get the point of this when the site can be backed up and rebooted?

Back
Top Bottom