What's new

Good day for Democracy: Poll names Islamabad (Benazir) airport in Pakistan the worst in the world

All Mr democracy cares for in airports is to hang portraits of the PM and President next to the Quaid. Democracy takes credit for nuclear weapons and motorways. nawaz promised bullet trains and motorways yet all he has done is take Islamabad airport to the top.

It's all because of political appointments. Is there ANY state-owned institution that is running smoothly under democracy? Say what you will but Musharraf 8 years were the most progressive years for Pakistan I have seen in my life.

they should, Nuclear program was started by ZAB and no one can take that from him, motorways are NS's brain child. you expect bullet trains in a year anf half from Mr. Democracy? yet Mr Lt. General Sub Se Acha could do crap about building Damn even after having complete power for 8 years. Name one long lasting project by Lt. General

you expect bullet trains in a year anf half from Mr. Democracy?

Has there been any planning? All lies! What happened about the promise to end loadshedding first within 6 months, then one year, then 2 years? Musharraf built the Lyari Expressway. Work stopped on the last remaining section just as Mr. Democracy took over. Don't forget democracy has been in Pakistan for 7 years now. I don't think anyone can dispute who developed Pakistan more: Musharraf or Mr. Democracy.

Coming to power projects: Great job by Mr. Democracy for the Nandipur power project doubling in cost over two civilian dictators. At least they created another record by providing electricity at whopping Rs 42 per unit.

We even had more democracy under a "dictator." Musharraf gave us Nazims and Naib Nazims. Mustafa Kamal made Karachi rise. Mr. Democracy, through incompetence and selfishness made a mess of it. He took away all the power for himself, abolished local bodies and kept all financial powers for a drunkard who claims drunks are martyrs.

Please don't fool us. We are not stupid. When I was in University in 2009, a pro-democracy HRCP worker came for a lecture. She said give democracy 5 years and we will see it much better than Musharraf. My thought was: if they have managed to create this much destruction in 1 year, I wonder what will Pakistan be like come 2014. I think I have my answer: "Democracy" under civilian dictators has failed us.

Woh kehtay hain na naaam he kafi ha ... :D

Has there been any planning? All lies! What happened about the promise to end loadshedding first within 6 months, then one year, then 2 years? Musharraf built the Lyari Expressway. Work stopped on the last remaining section just as Mr. Democracy took over. Don't forget democracy has been in Pakistan for 7 years now. I don't think anyone can dispute who developed Pakistan more: Musharraf or Mr. Democracy.

Coming to power projects: Great job by Mr. Democracy for the Nandipur power project doubling in cost over two civilian dictators. At least they created another record by providing electricity at whopping Rs 42 per unit.

We even had more democracy under a "dictator." Musharraf gave us Nazims and Naib Nazims. Mustafa Kamal made Karachi rise. Mr. Democracy, through incompetence and selfishness made a mess of it. He took away all the power for himself, abolished local bodies and kept all financial powers for a drunkard who claims drunks are martyrs.

Please don't fool us. We are not stupid. When I was in University in 2009, a pro-democracy HRCP worker came for a lecture. She said give democracy 5 years and we will see it much better than Musharraf. My thought was: if they have managed to create this much destruction in 1 year, I wonder what will Pakistan be like come 2014. I think I have my answer: "Democracy" under civilian dictators has failed us.

what about KPK? all promised fulfilled

what about KPK? all promised fulfilled

And in 1788, the Austrian army attacked itself and lost 100,000 men. You can't blame your own failures by citing others' failure.

Coming to KPK: I have spoken to quite a few people from KPK. Initially they were disappointed because PTI could not do any miracles. But they are generally happy now. They say the PTI-led government is much better than ANP in almost every possible way. People say the police are scared of accepting bribes openly now. Depoliticising the police has been PTI's biggest achievement among others.

The biggest proof of KPK's success is the federal government itself. When a government can not come up with a less baseless "white-paper" in which the sole aim is discrediting the KPK government, then the KPK government must be doing something right. I read the white-paper and the fallacies committed would not even earn a C in high school.

Back
Top Bottom