What's new

GMR row: India freezes aid to Maldives, ties under stress

Anyone from Maldives if he goes through this thread will just go Anti-India.

Save your chauvinism and let Maldives decide what they will do. It will be idiotic to be angry and shout at this little nation. They will turn against you.

Don't worry, we will not send any rescue missions any time soon. They know that we are important for their economy. More Indian tourists are vacationing in Maldives and it is growing at a rate of 28% annually. As Indian middle class grows, this pie is bound to increase substantially. Chinese tourism to the island has increased by 90% annually. For Maldives it is a delicate path to tread. They are not is a position to antagonize their neighbors because their economy depends on them. They will find some amicable solution soon.

failing in making Maldives for further bowing down NOW India resorted to harshest blackmailing .

Maldives should look towards China, Pakistan, Sri Lanka for different needs.

so you think they should be indian slaves ? and a sovereign country has no right to sign or cancel a deal with India ? that's why all of your neighbors hate you .you are not boss you are equal to them as a sovereign nation . deal cancel send in ships huh :fie:

The Indians had been slaves for too long under outsiders rule, they wanat to satisfy their ego by trying to bully Small countries like Maldivs, Bhutan and BD.

failing in making Maldives for further bowing down NOW India resorted to harshest blackmailing .

Maldives should look towards China, Pakistan, Sri Lanka for different needs.

We've given millions of $s worth of aid to our troublesome neighbor in the West perhaps its time to divert that to Maldives, Sri Lanka & others in our neighborhood where at the very least it would bring us some goodwill.

The Indians had been slaves for too long under outsiders rule, they wanat to satisfy their ego by trying to bully Small countries like Maldivs, Bhutan and BD.

In that time you are with India.... and still Pakistani's becomes slaves and puppets to USA.... lol you are funny...

We've given millions of $s worth of aid to our troublesome neighbors in the West perhaps its time to divert that to Maldives, Sri Lanka & others in our neighborhood where at the very least it would bring us some goodwill.

Agreed. we even dont need to divert anything BUT Pakistan can afford extending helping hand to Maldives. Their people are rich they have some good resources but again they need support in some areas.

They might go under-water in near future so its time we should extend helping hand to Maldives

In that time you are with India.... and still Pakistani's becomes slaves and puppets to USA.... lol you are funny...

We still have some room to claim that most of the outsiders who ruled over you were from our faith :) so we dont get offensive atleast.

on the other hand you were kneeled down by these outsiders.

as far US-Pak relations, ahh nevermind your example is out of the context.

Agreed. we even dont need to divert anything BUT Pakistan can afford extending helping hand to Maldives. Their people are rich they have some good resources but again they need support in some areas.

They might go under-water in near future so its time we should extend helping hand to Maldives

We still have some room to claim that most of the outsiders who ruled over you were from our faith :) so we dont get offensive atleast.

There is no pakistan before 1947..... You are part of british India..... lol don't become joker..... stick to the topic...

You guys give aid? To the Maldives? Practice one must assume.

Ma'am what exactly are you proposing ? :what:

I mean I won't loose much sleep over it if the Maldivians start buying property in Pakistan & see it as a second home of sorts but do you think the ever so many lobbies, political parties & we - the dumb public who gets herded around like sheep, would allow that ?

Either way I'd vociferously press for bringing back the Stranded Pakistanis from Bangladesh first; their continued presence in the slums there in Bangladesh despite their unflinching loyalty to Pakistan even till this date, is beyond shameful for me as a Pakistani & Pakistan as a Nation. Lets bring them home first.

so what you suggest implicitly is India will just covertly stir up turmoil in the country. How evel is that?

You aren't familar with those tragic history of Sri Lanka? You are worse than trolls if you mean so.

You are just reading between the lines. Maldives is a friendly country to India, and we want to keep it that way. We don't have any evil intentions to disrupt their fragile economy and social order.

Both Abdali & Suri were Pashtuns & many of the others either had Pashtuns in their army or as their Generals, so we can claim more than just faith ! :D

You are just reading between the lines. Maldives is a friendly country to India, and we want to keep it that way. We don't have any evil intentions to disrupt their fragile economy and social order.

Maldives is indeed friendly BUT INDIA Is NOT. You had been bullying maldives taking advantage of its weak situation but time is changing and its NOT an era of colonisation hence Maldives is showing signs of resistance now.

Ma'am what exactly are you proposing ? :what:

I mean I won't loose much sleep over it if the Maldivians start buying property in Pakistan & see it as a second home of sorts but do you think the ever so many lobbies, political parties & we - the dumb public who gets herded around like sheep, would allow that ?

Either way I'd vociferously press for bringing back the Stranded Pakistanis from Bangladesh first; their continued presence in the slums there in Bangladesh despite their unflinching loyalty to Pakistan even till this date, is beyond shameful for me as a Pakistani & Pakistan as a Nation. Lets bring them home first.

i second / the second part of your post.

i am not talking about giving them land but through other means. Maldives is badly affected by Cliamte change hence its responsibility of the world in general and rich countries in particular to come to their help.

As a Parsi I find that really sad.

So do many Hindus - the slightly less chilled out and phlegmatic kattar ones at least.

In light of Islamic conquests of the subcontinent and the forced conversions, Muslims of India (which includes Pakistan and Bangladesh of course) are often condescendingly clubbed under the umbrella term of kamjor khoon.

I guess your perspective is diametrically different .....

i second / the second part of your post.

i am not talking about giving them land but through other means. Maldives is badly affected by Cliamte change hence its responsibility of the world in general and rich countries in particular to come to their help.

What other means do you suggest we help them with ? :what:

We certainly haven't the technology to address the Climate Change (no one does) nor do we have the International clout to bring about binding Environment Friendly regulations in International Law.

I suppose we could work towards greater people-to-people interaction & allow them use of our facilities (military, educational, industrial etc.); I think to a certain extent we already do that - My sister's Art's teacher in the O'Levels was a Maldivian who graduated from the National College of Arts & taught both at the School & the University level & I've met 2-3 Maldivian students here who were studying in NUST, LUMS & IBA.

Back
Top Bottom