What's new

Global forex in 2009

Even India have far more Reserves than USA & UK ... :D

All Money is controlled by FED Reserves of America which is Privtized by Fraud & controlled by Jewish Lobby .. :D

pak got 6.5 billion + and we have 175 million mouths to feed how pathetic :hitwall:

Its above from 10 Billion US Dollars now after IMF 1.5 Billion Loan & Petroleum Profits .

Remind that Govt Cost of 1 Litre Petrol is 13 Rs & they are Charging 57 Rs .

I support this as long as it improve our Reservers .

Our reserves rose to $10.004 billion in Jan 9 2009, this is good news.

Pakistan Forex Reserves Rise To $10.004B Jan 3

Fri, Jan 9 2009, 14:52 GMT
Dow Jones Newswires EMEA Home Page

Pakistan Forex Reserves Rise To $10.004B Jan 3

KARACHI (Dow Jones)--Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves rose to $10.004 billion in the week ended Jan. 3 from $9.662 billion the previous week, the State Bank of Pakistan said in a statement Friday.

Of the total reserves, holdings of foreign exchange reserves by the central bank rose to $6.601 billion from $6.370 billion in the previous week.

Foreign exchange deposits held by commercial banks were $3.403 billion, compared with $3.292 billion in the week ended Dec. 27, the central bank said.

-By Haris Zamir, Contributing to Dow Jones Newswires; 91-11-43563300; chandrasekhar.jayachandran@dowjones.com

Click here to go to Dow Jones NewsPlus, a web front page of today's most important business and market news, analysis and commentary: Dow Jones NewsPlus - Login. You can use this link on the day this article is published and the following day.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

well the price of the abrrel has gones really down, it should cost around about 30 rs per liter insted of 57.

From where did you get that info from?

I have heard too much in Media before that PAK is Purchasing OIL from Middleeast less than Market Value .

No one knows how much they Pay less .

According to 70$ per barrel , price should be Rs 55 Litre

But now Price is 35$ per barrel

Develop gawadar...deepsea oil extraction...thar coal mining and see the FOREX in next 7-10 years:) i repeat only gawadar and thar coal can multiply our FOREX.

The figures regarding Pakistan are not correct. In January our reserves stood at around 10 billion dollars.

The figures regarding Pakistan are not correct. In January our reserves stood at around 10 billion dollars.

Even if it's around 10 Billion, It's not something we should be proud of. Lebanon, a teeny tiny country wrapped up in civil war since forever has reserves of 19 Billion. :/

Considering where we were in 1999 it is a decent achievement. With a population of 160 million and very different requirements than Lebanon we are doign just fine.

Lebanon's army does not defend the country its Hamas that does the job for them. If they had to defend themselves I doubt they would have much left.

Don't believe every thing you see on Wikepedia.

Considering where we were in 1999 it is a decent achievement. With a population of 160 million and very different requirements than Lebanon we are doign just fine.

Lebanon's army does not defend the country its Hamas that does the job for them. If they had to defend themselves I doubt they would have much left.

Don't believe every thing you see on Wikepedia.

Going through civil wars and destruction by Israel which basically completely destroyed their capital, requires A LOT of money to rebuild. One of my best friend is a lebanese and keeps me updated with all the Insights. After all of that, it's still a great achievement for them considering how they have to cater to a multicultural society unlike the majority of Muslims in Pakistan.

Pakistan has a population of 165 million but we also have the land to cater them. It's our job to use those 165 Million people for our economical development. So basically, our position STILL isn't justified by any means.

Last edited:
An honest opinion :

ALL THIS FOREX IS BULLSHIT. Dont worry about who is storing how much paper.

Back
Top Bottom