What's new

ghosts of K2; the savage mountain that tries to kill you

Oh trust me, half of my former classmates are still ready to come to Pakistan ever since I told them my stories, I'm a walking talking brochure of mountains, especially of Pakistan :lol:

But seriously speaking, what Moeen is doing is a full time endeavour for which I've never had the time. Plus it's always been a very personal affair for me, it's like visiting home. The knowledge of being cut off from the world, just you, rock and God. Knowing that what you are witnessing and experiencing is a privilege 99% of the world will never witness or understand. It's all part of it for me. Posting all those pictures on a public website which the whole world can see with just a click would feel like diluting those experiences, making them common and not special and personal anymore. Maybe I'm just being stupid, I don't know. But it's not like I actively hide them or deliberately not share my stories amd pictures or anything.

Besides, I'm not a huge fan of this tourism bandwagon with every tom, dick and harry visiting those places. It will ruin them. I believe that you don't deserve to see them unless you truly respect them and look after them. I know, that might sound a little selfish :p:

Btw have you checked out The Throne Room of Mountain Gods. In it I've tried to present a short detail of Concordia and its adjacent mountains as much as I could with pictures and descriptions. I think you might like it.

ps: You know, for all these years, I still haven't seen a snow leopard? They're like ghosts, man.

I hear you mate.. I wouldnt like tourists either who dont truly respect the nature. and are just like putting "checked" in their head.

chalo, you can still write articles, like Tarrar sahib.. :D

I have seen a leopard, in the national park :P

I hear you mate.. I wouldnt like tourists either who dont truly respect the nature. and are just like putting "checked" in their head.

Hate them. They are a disease. And when you try to tell them nicely that they shouldn't ruin the place their tiny egos get hurt and they take offence and just shrug it off as if you are the idiot in the discussion. Our society is so pathetic.

I have seen a leopard, in the national park :P

Ayub National Park? In the wild? You are very lucky! I've only seen left over carcasses from leopard and snow leopard kills.

the more you read and watch about K2 and surrounding mountain range the more respect and fear you get ...

Hate them. They are a disease. And when you try to tell them nicely that they shouldn't ruin the place their tiny egos get hurt and they take offence and just shrug it off as if you are the idiot in the discussion. Our society is so pathetic.

Ayub National Park? In the wild? You are very lucky! I've only seen left over carcasses from leopard and snow leopard kills.

bhai thats why I never ask someone littering to not do so, I when possible pick up myself in front of them and move on, some douchebags even laughed at me once.. having no shame whatsoever, others quite possibly felt bad for what they did, and may have changed...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom