What's new

Get ready! India's own GPS set to hit the market early next year

None the less, they have a major feather in their cap. Even if its off by 200m (shooting from the hip for a hypothetical scenario), the next generation of satellites and receivers will continue to cut down at that number. The point is that India has managed to pull off a major feat that reflects very well on their space industry and will inevitably benefit many of their economy's sectors.

It's not every day I would say this, but a pragmatic post! esp that coming from a Pakistani member. Kudos!

None the less, they have a major feather in their cap. Even if its off by 200m (shooting from the hip for a hypothetical scenario), the next generation of satellites and receivers will continue to cut down at that number. The point is that India has managed to pull off a major feat that reflects very well on their space industry and will inevitably benefit many of their economy's sectors.
Why bother correcting them?
It is one of the major advantages that India has that Pakistanis know next to nothing about India and the technological advances happening here. They continue to persist with the adage they learned from their parents that 'India has quantity but we Pakistan have quality'.

It is a big advantage to India to have a majority of Pakistanis buying into this. It keeps them ....unprepared...against us.

I am eagerly waiting for NAVIC. I will buy the first smartphone that integrate NAVIC in their system.

thats right, its called A-GPS or assisted gps, uses some kind of triangulation to get better accuracy.

but any way cheers :cheers: we have our own gps , it is an opportunity to create our own apps. Biggest thing will be defence our missiles can no longer be blocked or ships no longer be tracked.
AFAIK Mobile towers / BTS / Node-B's are also positioned through 20-30m accuracy GPS in first place. I think two errors cancel out in relative measurements.

5m accuracy is an overkill for the reason it was developed in first place. 200m is also fine.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom