What's new

Get ready! India's own GPS set to hit the market early next year

Own GPS with 5 meter civilian accuracy is great.
fig-11.jpg

Jai Hind.

@Windjammer @DESERT FIGHTER :D
congratulation sir this is a big achievement for your country:tup:

This article says that GPS has error of 20-30m
But always on my mobile it's bang right on spot
Difference may be few feet at the most
Can some one explain please

Because it uses gps+mobile tower position(mobile signal strength)/wifi source to increase the accuracy.
thats right, its called A-GPS or assisted gps, uses some kind of triangulation to get better accuracy.

but any way cheers :cheers: we have our own gps , it is an opportunity to create our own apps. Biggest thing will be defence our missiles can no longer be blocked or ships no longer be tracked.

They look good, have they been launched commercially? And how good are these when compare with th likes of garmin , megllan etc(or the market leaders?)

I think they are under testing by SAC Ahmadabad (according to their last annual report 2015-16 ). I don't know how good they are (I'm not an not an electronics & comm engineering guy)but this look like a good team. Maybe it is another well performing SME like Astra Microwave.

http://www.accord-soft.com/directors.html

I think they are under testing by SAC Ahmadabad (according to their last annual report 2015-16 ). I don't know how good they are (I'm not an not an electronics & coi engineering guy)but this look like a good team. Maybe it is another well performing SME like Astra Microwave.

http://www.accord-soft.com/directors.html
We cant expect them to beat the best without even launching the product but yes it should be good enough to do the job they are being designed for. Read about some fab manufacturers SAC Ahmadabad was the only one from India to show up ,though they should soon look to upgrade to 300mm wafers as far as manufacturing is concerned.

These small and relatively unknown companies, epitomize the true spirit of Make in India.
They indeed are ,this is where they learn to be a leader and to be the best. But they need masive funds to manufacture on a grand scale which can be supported only by some big private companies,there have been many proposal but well that is all they are till now.

I am surprised by your comment
You taking drugs?
That just proved that you don't know me on this forum, i admired any Asian success thats been done, not if, to, may etc, have you seen me trolling on any of your sticky threads? next to none since i've been here for years
I respect success through hard work but not bragging
Anyway best of luck, like i've said before, Asian century is real, lets enjoy every minute of it

These small and relatively unknown companies, epitomize the true spirit of Make in India.

Indeed. If India can increase credit-GDP ratio (for private sector) from current level of around 50% to 100% at least...MSME will boom and bring the real jobs dividend India needs even with the current human capital quality. I hope it will be the main legacy of Modi, at least this govt is working on it.

It will have quality problems

They'll can get the basic system to work but it will lack the quality edge

That's the story of all of india's indigenous efforts be it Arjun , LCA , Dhruv , Kavari etc

When we will have correct weather updates using this system?
This is not for weather updates. lol.
Our weather updates are based on historical patterns rather than forecasting variables, hence they are not correct most of the times. India need supercomputers for weather forecasting.

Integration with common use gadgets will take some time. For example, iphone will take sometime to integrate with NAVIC. Also since NAVIC which will be regional GPS will act as augmentation to the current GPS. For international travellers who move across geographical boundaries need their phones, laptops etc enabled for multiple positioning systems.

That's the story of all of india's indigenous efforts be it Arjun , LCA , Dhruv , Kavari etc

None the less, they have a major feather in their cap. Even if its off by 200m (shooting from the hip for a hypothetical scenario), the next generation of satellites and receivers will continue to cut down at that number. The point is that India has managed to pull off a major feat that reflects very well on their space industry and will inevitably benefit many of their economy's sectors.

I would love to know how many ISRO systems have had quality problems.

Rome wasn't built in a day, neither was the successful Indian Space program. Product development is an iterative process.

The Dhruv is a good example. We struggled to make it work during the early 2000s, but we now have it productionized with 24 choppers rolling out every year
It has been a workhorse for the IAF/IA in disaster relief & high altitude operations.The engineers who cut their teeth on the Dhruv later designed the LCH& LUH and is now designing the 12 tonne IMRH. I

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom