What's new

Germany, Japan fume at Obama's UN nod

india may not be as developed as germany or japan . why do think china got to become a permanent member
india is a big country with a big population with a growing economy

India has had a totally independent foreign policy throughout, and does not do any damn thing to please the US. If you say that India is US 'pet dog', then what is Pakistan? :partay:

Think about it, there are a lot of highly offensive and painful terms that I can use, justifiably, taking Pakistan's actions and behaviour into account.

well if india is usa's pet dog then pakistan is its concubine , they use it when required and then dump it

"Veto? India will fight to the end for the veto. But many countries say they can live without it, because the veto is not used anymore and lobbying for support is the way to go in the Council. But veto, like nuclear weapons, is a currency of power. That battle, therefore, will continue."

Membership in the SC is about willingness to maintain the status quo and the ability to project military power. That is why China's original membership (1945) was controversial; it had no power-projection capabilities so the Chang Kai-shek regime could only be an echo of its primary supporter, the U.S.

By my measure I arrive at three conclusions:

1) India could be an SC member in the future but it is not there yet.
2) The French should lose their seat, and
3) Israel should have a seat on the Security Council.

(Germany and Japan, lacking either the means or the will to commit decisive military forces, shouldn't be worth further comment at all.)

Point #3 not acceptable please.

Ideal would be India, a latin america, an african nation and turkey in UNSC permanent seat.. Represents all continents and represents all sections.

No japan, no Germany needed. Also Latin america , as a Spanish speaking continent has only 1 Portuguese speaking nation called Brazil so they wont agree with Brasil's candidateship.

"Veto? India will fight to the end for the veto. But many countries say they can live without it, because the veto is not used anymore and lobbying for support is the way to go in the Council. But veto, like nuclear weapons, is a currency of power. That battle, therefore, will continue."

Membership in the SC is about willingness to maintain the status quo and the ability to project military power. That is why China's original membership (1945) was controversial; it had no power-projection capabilities so the Chang Kai-shek regime could only be an echo of its primary supporter, the U.S.

By my measure I arrive at three conclusions:

1) India could be an SC member in the future but it is not there yet.
2) The French should lose their seat, and
3) Israel should have a seat on the Security Council.

(Germany and Japan, lacking either the means or the will to commit decisive military forces, shouldn't be worth further comment at all.)

well no body is going to back Israel,not even it's allies,the Muslim world will relent at a level which even the U.S cant ignore

Back
Top Bottom