What's new

Germany in negotiations with Pakistan over the sale of nuclear sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
never gonna happen.

Germany does not want to be kicked out of NATO.

I have been after this story since a while, there were more news about it in 2008,2009 and Pakistani Army chief did made some visit to Germany as welll,,, but there was lull after that.

IIRC, there was dispute on how to transfer the submarines to Pakistan, Pakistan wanted them to be built in Pakistan with transfer of Technology but no German nationals were willing to work on them in Pakistan.

I dont know if this issue is ressolved or just any Anti-Pakistan media in German is whipping it up this story to prevent any progress on this issue to generate support against it.

I think the German sub deal will be via Turkey and may be replacing the Indonesians.

I really, really can't see this happening- Germany has very strict arms exports regulations not to mention the US and NATO will oppose such a move.

the article doesn't mention Pak getting nuclear powered sub

Just wait few more years and Pakistan will have her own indigenous Nuclear Submarine built....
making submarine is much more complex process and silent sub is more complex
i think you donot have any knowledge about this
if we start nuclear sub individually
it will take round about 20-30 years
and at that time world will be using stealth subs

making submarine is much more complex process and silent sub is more complex
i think you donot have any knowledge about this
if we start nuclear sub individually
it will take round about 20-30 years
and at that time world will be using stealth subs
Subs are already stealth weapon since its creation.

I have been after this story since a while, there were more news about it in 2008,2009 and Pakistani Army chief did made some visit to Germany as welll,,, but there was lull after that.

IIRC, there was dispute on how to transfer the submarines to Pakistan, Pakistan wanted them to be built in Pakistan with transfer of Technology but no German nationals were willing to work on them in Pakistan.

I dont know if this issue is ressolved or just any Anti-Pakistan media in German is whipping it up this story to prevent any progress on this issue to generate support against it.

Seems like it, the article seems to suggest that if sold to Pakistan then they too might use it for nukes.

Seems like it, the article seems to suggest that if sold to Pakistan then they too might use it for nukes.

No might.. Probably will have that capability..
but those subs are still unsuited for Pakistan since PN prefers to use an AIP based on the closed cycle steam model rather than fuel cells used on the german subs..
the Chinese are using a similar Steam cycle system on their newer diesel sub designs.

Does Germany have nuck sub ???

stupid move....... this will be nothing more then the same when Pakistan started a nuclear problem and the French pulled outof the deal under US pressure. Although at the time it did not effect too much due to Dr A Khan coming to join the project.

Any deal is going to be a year or so away. By this time, the US will be leaving Afghanistan in 2014 by which time they would have gone back to their true self and sanction Pakistan leading to the end of this program and the loss of crucial years........ we need to learn from the past, not follow the same steps again and again and again

Pakistan has a budget of 130 billion US dollars. With Transparency International reporting that close to 100billion US dollars was looted from Pakistan by this current Government and through its corruption. For that assessment to be made there must have been a money trail and accountability of some kind. Along with the money that is not known going through corruption and bribery. Along with a Government not trusted by investors outside of Pakistan.

As soon as a Government is bought in who are seen as honest, possibly Imran Khan, an untried and untested leader, this may well push Pakistan's budgets to well over 200 to 250 billion dollars without too much effort. Oversees Pakistanis are desparate to invst in an honest Government project for investment who are currently forced to buy products from China and India and many pakistanis have moved their businesses to Bangladesh and Kenya/Tanzania. We have alot of potential, just need a reliable trustworthy Government, not this fiasco..........

And before anyone starts mentioning US Aid.........

Can Pakistan survive without US aid? | DAWN.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom