What's new

Germany gives 5th free N-capable submarine to Israel

Ain't selling nuclear technology is limited? Like you can't sell?? Can Pakistan also buy nuclear sub from china?

Ain't selling nuclear technology is limited? Like you can't sell?? Can Pakistan also buy nuclear sub from china?

The subs are not nuclear powered (they are diesel electric with AIP capability). By N-capable they mean the armaments can potentially include Nuclear Warheads that Israel has already developed itself.

No, Pakistan cannot outright buy a nuclear powered sub from an NSG member like China (more like China cannot sell it). China can however help you behind the scenes and hand hold you in developing your own potentially.

Pakistan can also buy a conventional sub and arm it with nuclear missiles just like Israel is doing here.

Pictures of Dolphin class submarines
3216313192.jpg

ShowImage.ashx

Last edited:
Can all 5 Dolphin class subs fire long range missiles? Or just new ones? Whats difference between old and new dolphins?
All of them can, but they are not all armed with nuclear missiles at the same time.
If it will be needed they will be.

Good for them then. :coffee:

I have viewed the documentary series and i am also familiar with the various causes of deaths, some which are true and others which still have yet to be proven. However, there isn't a single autopsy proving the use of Zyklon B as an extermination weapon used to "gas" Jews.

This was confirmed by American Military doctors who autopsied more than 1,000 corpses from the concentration camps.
Listen, in Ukraine alone, 1.6 million Jews died in mass graves, forced to dig their own graves and got killed that way.

Can all 5 Dolphin class subs fire long range missiles? Or just new ones? Whats difference between old and new dolphins?
All of them have six standard torpedo tubes and four wider tubes for Israel's special needs.

The new Dolphins are longer, heavier, and with air-independent propulsion (AIP).

Germany doesn't sell any nuclear technology with these submarines.

Missiles with nuclear warheads are one thing, and nuclear propulsion is another thing. Dolphin-class subs don't have nuclear propulsion.

Everyone read fake title and no one bothered read the text. Israel paid 433 mln $ for each submarine.

For comparison Pakistan paid 258 mln $ for each Agosta 90B submarine.
+1 to that.

All of them have six standard torpedo tubes and four wider tubes for Israel's special needs.

The new Dolphins are longer, heavier, and with air-independent propulsion (AIP).

Germany doesn't sell any nuclear technology with these submarines.

Missiles with nuclear warheads are one thing, and nuclear propulsion is another thing. Dolphin-class subs don't have nuclear propulsion.
It is I think a brilliant idea why are we not doing it. Just get a sub and insert a nuclear warhead missile. Maybe we are doing it ... who knows.

It is I think a brilliant idea why are we not doing it. Just get a sub and insert a nuclear warhead missile. Maybe we are doing it ... who knows.
It isn't easy as it sounds. First of all you need a missile that would fit it. So, you need a warhead that would fit it in a small missile with limited caliber. Is it going to be launched horizontally from a submerged position? Are you going to track the missile trajectory and control it from the submarine? Do you have satcom on your submarine? Will you be able to protect the crew from radiation? How are you going to handle a nuclear-tipped missile inside? E.t.c, e.t.c..

Yes we should all get back to discussing the actual topic. If you want to have a holocaust denial circle jerk, there are plenty of other threads for that.
indeed........... i asked mods to clean or lock the thread and its done
the pic below clearly shows the sub has a much more flatter curved bottom i suspect this is for sitting on the seabed waiting for its moment. also i suspect it has a carbonfiber prop as proposed on the 216 for the aussies.
dolphin.jpg

indeed........... i asked mods to clean or lock the thread and its done
the pic below clearly shows the sub has a much more flatter curved bottom i suspect this is for sitting on the seabed waiting for its moment. also i suspect it has a carbonfiber prop as proposed on the 216 for the aussies.
View attachment 315831

Are these specific things the Israelis requested for their dolphin class or do they come standard with each sub?

Are these specific things the Israelis requested for their dolphin class or do they come standard with each sub?
if your refering to the scorpene sub then no as you can see the hull is near enough cylindrical
DCNS_Scorpenea.jpg

the type 212 is the same
image051.jpg

the 214 howeverdoes
214-2.jpg

heck look at the 209
s118.jpg

but this does not mean the 212 and the scorpene cant sit on the seabed. im sure they can and would have additional strength on the bottom of the sub for this purpose. the dolphin would have the flattened bottom to hybernate to be invisble underwater as it would regularly do this also the extra space would be handy for more fuel and supplies for a greater endurance.

if your refering to the scorpene sub then no as you can see the hull is near enough cylindrical
DCNS_Scorpenea.jpg

the type 212 is the same
image051.jpg

the 214 howeverdoes
214-2.jpg

heck look at the 209
s118.jpg

but this does not mean the 212 and the scorpene cant sit on the seabed. im sure they can and would have additional strength on the bottom of the sub for this purpose. the dolphin would have the flattened bottom to hybernate to be invisble underwater as it would regularly do this also the extra space would be handy for more fuel and supplies for a greater endurance.

Whoops I thought there may have been other customers for the dolphin class to compare to. I guess its purely Israel-specific. So let me rephrase by asking if these features you mention (seabed rest and CFRP prop) are specific to the latest generation being delivered or were they there in earlier versions as well?

Whoops I thought there may have been other customers for the dolphin class to compare to. I guess its purely Israel-specific. So let me rephrase by asking if these features you mention (seabed rest and CFRP prop) are specific to the latest generation being delivered or were they there in earlier versions as well?
flat bottom..........yes, carbon prop? no
the carbon prop ensures that mad sensors cant detect the sub from its propellers as in most conventional subs the props are metalic and naked. here the prop is naked but carbon, making it resistant to mad sensors.
Dolphin_940.jpg

flat bottom..........yes, carbon prop? no
the carbon prop ensures that mad sensors cant detect the sub from its propellers as in most conventional subs the props are metalic and naked. here the prop is naked but carbon, making it resistant to mad sensors.
Dolphin_940.jpg

Will the previous subs be retrofitted with the new prop?

Back
Top Bottom