What's new

Germans voters worry about losing jobs to immigrants

Besides, degrees from India are not even accepted in many European countries including Germany.
With respect to Germany, Germany accept Engineering degrees from India. In some cases a candidate is required to do one year extra course if he/she has a bachelor of 3 years or Master of 1 year. The same goes for all nationalities.

Medical degree, or Doctors are not allowed right away to work due to language problem and alien to German medical practice. Due to this doctors from all the places have to go training period. Because of the EU rule, Germany was forced to accept doctors from other eu states, but then also they decide case by case basis.

No such restrictions are in graduates from other profession and the reservations in the medical field can be understood.

Wrong Indians mainly work as cab drivers especially in NYC and Chicago, in other cities they work in gas stations. Very small percentage of Indians actually work as doctors or engineers. Also, no Indian University degrees are not accepted. That's why you and your daddy both work at a gas station in Toronto.

No you ignorant dumbshit , Indians are the richest minority in the US and have the largest per capita income, about double that of the Pakistanis and other Asians.
http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/24/bo...pinions-contributors_immigrants_minority.html
It's the Pakistanis who work mainly at gas stations and as Cab drivers , and the rest of them just go to the Madrassa everyday to learn how to carry out the next Subway bombings. Pakistanis are among the poorest people in the US because of the bad education system back home. Because of their profound fondness for terrorism , Pakistanis are being deported in froves from all over US and Europe. Don't do anything fishy , maybe you could be next.

As for me , I am in my third year at University of Toronto and am doing an Internship at Royal Bank of Canada. I am earning more than what your entire family put together, peasant. As for my dad , he's bought me a Lakefront Condo(among the many other he's bought) where I live, all by myself. Don't hate, one room of that Condo is probably bigger than your familyhouse/dwelling/mudhut in the slums of Lyari. :lol: Now get lost and go back to your 10 dollar job at the Dollar Store

I am talking about NA, and a vast majority of south Asians (Indians, Bangladeshi, sri lankans and Pakistanis are doing average jobs, only a few are in higher/professional positions.

Most of the migrants from these countries are involved in high salary job. Only some of them are involved in small paying jobs during their study years. Since people of above two nationalities needs work permit, their work is very well regulated and in control. what is not in control is the people who have work-permit based on their being 2nd and 3rd generation German , EU migrant and have not enough skills.

Also German Govt. started a concept of "mini-jobs or 400 euro jobs" This helped them to remain competitive wrt to other eu countries. These mini jobs were meant for low level jobs. Now (small)company are exploiting these jobs and employ 2-3 people in place of job for one people. Thus 2-3 partime worker earning in place of full time worker.

Now one may ask why don't German do 2-3 these work? The answer is taxation and social benefits. A unemployed German will get 400 euro + house rent cost as an unemployment benefits. so with the mini job, you work and get the same ammount. So why to work?

Not true in Germany. May be in other place like middle east but certainly not in Germany. It depends upon host countries, what they want laborers or Engineers.

If you fail to notice then who can help?? You will certainly find unskilled person from Indian origin in such jobs but there are also skilled Indian origin holding top positions.

Germans and other Western European people who worry about their jobs are not worried by Indians or Chinese, as the threat to their jobs comes mainly from Eastern European migrants, who are more cheaper to hire. The people who are worried about losing their job have mostly a low-income and are relatively low educated.
Exactly,its only about eastern Europeans.

Exactly,its only about eastern Europeans.

Yes. At the moment for example many Dutch news programs pay attention to the rise of cheap Eastern European migrants. Especially truck drivers are angry about these people 'stealing' their jobs. And with the plans to allow Romania and Bulgaria to the Schengen-countries (open borders), many people are extremely worried.

Yes. At the moment for example many Dutch news programs pay attention to the rise of cheap Eastern European migrants. Especially truck drivers are angry about these people 'stealing' their jobs. And with the plans to allow Romania and Bulgaria to the Schengen-countries (open borders), many people are extremely worried.

Alot of bs coming this way,but hey its their(EU) own fault.
Those two countries belong to the EU,so they should have the same rights.
They would be cheaper then the polish workers,they will be very pissed.

Indian immigrants are nearly all taxi drivers and dairy owners. When I was studying overseas, the cleaners were Indians too. Yes, there are educated Indians, but they are a tiny minority.

Indian immigrants are nearly all taxi drivers and dairy owners. When I was studying overseas, the cleaners were Indians too. Yes, there are educated Indians, but they are a tiny minority.

Many even work in Dunkin Donuts, no disrespect to them they at least work hard for money to provide for their children. Many of them are not included in these data reports of Indian minority income averages because some of them are not making above $12k or filing income tax because they are not required unless their annual income exceeds that.

No you ignorant dumbshit , Indians are the richest minority in the US and have the largest per capita income, about double that of the Pakistanis and other Asians.
Indian Americans: The New Model Minority - Forbes
It's the Pakistanis who work mainly at gas stations and as Cab drivers , and the rest of them just go to the Madrassa everyday to learn how to carry out the next Subway bombings. Pakistanis are among the poorest people in the US because of the bad education system back home. Because of their profound fondness for terrorism , Pakistanis are being deported in froves from all over US and Europe. Don't do anything fishy , maybe you could be next.

As for me , I am in my third year at University of Toronto and am doing an Internship at Royal Bank of Canada. I am earning more than what your entire family put together, peasant. As for my dad , he's bought me a Lakefront Condo(among the many other he's bought) where I live, all by myself. Don't hate, one room of that Condo is probably bigger than your familyhouse/dwelling/mudhut in the slums of Lyari. :lol: Now get lost and go back to your 10 dollar job at the Dollar Store

Poor Indian going to work as a teller for the rest of his life. I have my own business (+ family factory) so please go on and tell me your net income, guarantee you mine exceeds yours and your family's. My company manufactures products and exports products to Germany, Japan, US, throughout Pakistan, and in the future to Canada and M.E. That's a far greater achievement you'll ever make working as Teller at Royal Bank of Canada.

Nothing in the article mentions Indians nor Chinese specifically. Besides, degrees from India are not even accepted in many European countries including Germany.

If you are smart and ambitious you can easily overcome those difficulties.:P

Poor Indian going to work as a teller for the rest of his life. I have my own business (+ family factory) so please go on and tell me your net income, guarantee you mine exceeds yours and your family's. My company manufactures products and exports products to Germany, Japan, US, throughout Pakistan, and in the future to Canada and M.E. That's a far greater achievement you'll ever make working as Teller at Royal Bank of Canada.

LOL stupid peasant , obviously you have your own business. You probably own a small restaurant and sell masala chicken the whole day. No big achievement in that , any person on the street can do it. I am just 20 years old and earn probably 3 times more than you , poor Pakistani. That's the intellect of your lot , the ability to run small restaurants , which is why not a single entrepreneur or big CEO has ever emerged from your country. Go back to marignating chicken now. Also don't forget to tell your customers to pay in cash. That way , you can even save on taxes like the rest of your lot try to do.

LOL stupid peasant , obviously you have your own business. You probably own a small restaurant and sell masala chicken the whole day. No big achievement in that , any person on the street can do it. I am just 20 years old and earn probably 3 times more than you , poor Pakistani. That's the intellect of your lot , the ability to run small restaurants , which is why not a single entrepreneur or big CEO has ever emerged from your country. Go back to marignating chicken now. Also don't forget to tell your customers to pay in cash. That way , you can even save on taxes like the rest of your lot try to do.

Stop lying we know you're just a fraud Indian, lying about your family and making things up, a typical Indian who fled to Canada to collect welfare checks. I suppose you have gotten rich off of Canadian handouts considering how much you guys typically collect, hope you have fun driving a taxi or working as a teller for the rest of your life. Let me know if you need a job I can hire you to clean the toilets in the factory considering you are a low caste Indian...

Stop lying we know you're just a fraud Indian, lying about your family and making things up, a typical Indian who fled to Canada to collect welfare checks. I suppose you have gotten rich off of Canadian handouts considering how much you guys typically collect, hope you have fun driving a taxi or working as a teller for the rest of your life. Let me know if you need a job I can hire you to clean the toilets in the factory considering you are a low caste Indian...

LOL , it's only Pakistanis and Arabs who live off welfare checks. Unlike Pakistanis , indians are the richest ethnic group in the US and don't need welfare. Indians actually contribute to the economy by working as doctors , engineers , accountants. You people are like parasites, you come here with no education since your education system is too easy and backward , collect unemployment benefits and then join madrassas to learn to blow up Subway lines . Not a singe Pakistani who is a CEO/Entrepreneur/ Dean of a big University / Professor/judge while there are loads of Indians occupying such positions in the US. You people just have the intellect to be toilet cleaners and terrorist.This is why every freaking European country and the US has started deporting you people back to your country. Really ? You will employ me? I could freaking buy your entire family and auction them off in the streets of Lahore. I am studying in the top university in Canada unlike you who probably attended some cheap backward Pakistani University that can be compared to an Indian highschool , which is why I earn a 10 times your salary. Stop lying about your nonexistent business . If you really want , i could employ you and your whole family to clean all my condo toilets. You will still earn more than what you could ever dream off , dumb madrassa educated terrorist.

LOL , it's only Pakistanis and Arabs who live off welfare checks. Indians actually contribute to the economy by working as doctors , engineers , accountants. You people are like parasites, you come here with no education since your education system is too easy and backward , collect unemployment benefits and then join madrassas to blow up Subway lines . This is why every freaking European country has started deporting you people back to your shitty failed state. Really idiot? You will employ me? I could freaking buy your entire family and auction them off in the streets of Lahore. I am studying in the top university in Canada unlike you who probably attended some cheap Pakistani University that can be compared to an Indian highschool , which is why I get paid the big bucks. Stop lying and go start cleaning your own dirty toilet. There are a lot of people from your country who do such jobs here

How your peasant family got in Canada...

The Department of Citizenship and Immigration produced charts and figures that it said demonstrate that after the 10-year responsibility period ends, the amount of welfare usage by sponsored immigrant parents jumps significantly.

The No. 1 source for parents and grandparents coming to Canada under this program is the Punjab region of India, according to Mr. Kenney’s office. The government is also moving to restrict dependent children that can accompany parents or grandparents to Canada as part of this family reunification, saying now the cutoff age will be 18 years old.

Welfare costs prompt tougher rules for immigrating parents - The Globe and Mail

Source below is from the Canadian Statistics websites.

Canadians of East Indian origin generally have a lower income than the national average. During 2000,5 the average income from all sources for Canadians of East Indian origin was just over $27,000, while the figure for all Canadian adults was almost $30,000.

As in the overall population, women of East Indian origin have lower incomes than their male counterparts. In 2000, the average income for adult women of East Indian origin was just under $21,000, while the figure for men of East Indian origin was over $33,000. The income gap between women and men in the East Indian community, though, is about the same as the gap in the overall population. In 2000, women of East Indian origin earned 63% of what men of East Indian origin earned, while the figure in the overall population was 62%.

Canadian seniors of East Indian origin also have relatively low incomes. In 2000, the average income from all sources for Canadians of East Indian origin aged 65 and over was just under $20,000. This was about $4,500 less than the income for all seniors, whose average income was $24,400. As with all seniors in Canada, women have lower incomes than men. That year, the average income for women of East Indian origin aged 65 and over was $15,400, compared with $24,500 for men the same age of East Indian origin.

Children of East Indian origin are also slightly more likely than their counterparts in the overall population to live in a Low-income family. In 2000, 21% of children of East Indian origin under the age of 15 lived in families with incomes below the low-income cut-offs, compared with 19% of all children in Canada.

The East Indian Community in Canada

Indian jobs

Canadians of East Indian origin are more than twice as likely as other workers be employed in manufacturing jobs. In 2001, 13% of all employed Canadians of East Indian origin had manufacturing jobs, compared with 6% of the total labour force. Canadians of East Indian origin are also somewhat more likely than other Canadian workers to be employed in scientific and technical occupations. That year, 8% of all workers of East Indian origin were employed in the natural and applied sciences compared with 6% of the overall workforce.

Canadians of East Indian origin are somewhat less likely than those in the overall workforce to be self-employed. In 2001, 10% of all employed Canadians of East Indian descent worked for themselves, compared with 12% of the overall workforce.

How your peasant family got in Canada...

Welfare costs prompt tougher rules for immigrating parents - The Globe and Mail

Source below is from the Canadian Statistics websites.

The East Indian Community in Canada

Indian jobs

It’s tempting to dismiss Indian-American dominance of the spelling bee as just a cultural idiosyncrasy. But Indian success in more important fields is just as eye-catching. Despite constituting less than 1% of the U.S. population, Indian-Americans are 3% of the nation’s engineers, 7% of its IT workers and 8% of its physicians and surgeons. The overrepresentation of Indians in these fields is striking–in practical terms, your doctor is nine times more likely to be an Indian-American than is a random passerby on the street.

Indian Americans are in fact a new “model minority.” This term dates back to the 1960s, when East Asians–Americans of Chinese, Japanese and Korean descent–were noted for their advanced educations and high earnings.

East Asians continue to excel in the U.S, but among minority groups, Indians are clearly the latest and greatest “model.” In 2007, the median income of households headed by an Indian American was approximately $83,000, compared with $61,000 for East Asians and $55,000 for whites.

About 69% of Indian Americans age 25 and over have four-year college degrees, which dwarfs the rates of 51% and 30% achieved by East Asians and whites, respectively. Indian Americans are also less likely to be poor or in prison, compared with whites.

So why do Indian Americans perform so well? A natural answer is self-selection. Someone willing to pull up roots and move halfway around the world will tend to be more ambitious and hardworking than the average person. But people want to come to the U.S. for many reasons, some of which–being reunited with other family members, for example–have little to do with industriousness. Ultimately, immigration policy decides which kinds of qualities our immigrants possess.

Under our current immigration policy, a majority of legal immigrants to the U.S. obtain green cards (permanent residency) because they have family ties to U.S. citizens, but a small number (15% in 2007) are selected specifically for their labor market value. The proportion of Indian immigrants given an employment-related green card is one of the highest of any nationality. Consequently, it is mainly India’s educated elite and their families who come to the U.S.

The success of Indian Americans is also often ascribed to the culture they bring with them, which places strong–some would even say obsessive–emphasis on academic achievement. Exhibit A is the spelling bee, which requires long hours studying etymology and memorizing word lists, all for little expected benefit other than the thrill of intellectual competition.

But education and culture can take people only so far. To be a great speller–or, more importantly, a great doctor or IT manager–you have to be smart. Just how smart are Indian Americans? We don’t know with much certainty. Most data sets with information on ethnic groups do not include IQ scores, and the few that do rarely include enough cases to provide interpretable results for such a small portion of the population.

The only direct evidence we have comes from the 2003 New Immigrant Survey, in which a basic cognitive test called “digit span” was administered to a sample of newly arrived immigrant children. It is an excellent test for comparing people with disparate language and educational backgrounds, since the test taker need only repeat lengthening sequences of digits read by the examiner. Repeating the digits forward is simply a test of short-term memory, but repeating them backward is much more mentally taxing, hence a rough measure of intelligence.

When statistical adjustments are used to convert the backward digit span results to full-scale IQ scores, Indian Americans place at about 112 on a bell-shaped IQ distribution, with white Americans at 100. 112 is the 79th percentile of the white distribution. For more context, consider that Ashkenazi Jews are a famously intelligent ethnic group, and their mean IQ is somewhere around 110.

Given the small sample size, the rough IQ measure and the lack of corroborating data sets, this finding of lofty Indian-American intelligence must be taken cautiously. Nevertheless, it is entirely consistent with their observed achievement.

The superior educational attainment, academic culture and likely high IQ of Indian Americans has already made them an economic force in the U.S., and that strength can only grow. Does this continuing success imply they will become a political force? Here, Gov. Jindal is actually a rarity. Indians are still underrepresented in politics, and they do not specialize in the kinds of fields (law and finance) most conducive to political careers. Time will tell if they are able to convert economic power into serious political influence, as a Jindal presidency could.

A much clearer implication of Indian-American success is that immigrants need not be unskilled, nor must their economic integration take generations to achieve. In sharp contrast to Indian Americans, most U.S. immigrants, especially Mexican, are much less wealthy and educated than U.S. natives, even after many years in the country.

A new immigration policy that prioritizes skills over family reunification could bring more successful immigrants to the U.S. By emphasizing education, work experience and IQ in our immigration policy, immigrant groups from other national backgrounds could join the list of model minorities.

There is nothing inevitable about immigration. Who immigrates each year is a policy decision, free to be modified at any time by Congress. Constructing new legislation is always difficult, but I propose a simple starting point for immigration selection:

Indian Americans: The New Model Minority - Forbes

Hahahaha , no you stupid peasant , we have a mean salary of 83,000 in the US ,which is like 4 times that of Pakistanis

Back
Top Bottom