What's new

GEO TV is free to air

If you think they will give up the quest for democracy, if you think they will stop criticizing the government for what it does wrong, you are mistaken. Geo is the first true news channel in Pakistan, and I'm proud of them for telling the truth, no matter what.

I support a free press, no matter what the news channel is saying it is their right under free speech to say it.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire

It is not only about freedom of speech but its about responsibility Pakistan is a Islamic Country and here they are showing a film in which they show a companion of Hazrat Muhammad(SAW).shameful act.

Secondly which democracy they are supporting? Why Judiciary didn’t resist when Musharraf was taking over? Black mailing and freedom of speech are two different things friend.

It is not only about freedom of speech but its about responsibility Pakistan is a Islamic Country and here they are showing a film in which they show a companion of Hazrat Muhammad(SAW).shameful act.

Secondly which democracy they are supporting? Why Judiciary didn’t resist when Musharraf was taking over? Black mailing and freedom of speech are two different things friend.

Very true indeed!

It has been on the air from today with name Geo Super.

and i dont think so they are going do away with their BS.

well whether we like it or not it's their right to show what they want downside of freedom of speech is that i guess some people will not like it anyway nobody is forcing us to watch it.

I wish people of Pakistan knows " freedom of choice". And media should able to differentiate between " news" and " rumor". A rumor can't be news and news can't be rumor, a good ethical duty of journalist to judge the lines on given spectrum of society.

What film did they show? The Message, a flim about the beginnings of Islam, shows plenty of his companions. So what? Are you dropping to your knees and worshipping the screen? Do you not realize they are merely actors portraying the early Muslims? Whats the big deal?

Just because the judiciary was powerless back in 99 does not mean things should always remain the same. It is the responsibility of all of us to ensure the law of the land is respected and military rulers don't arbitrarily fire Supreme court judges.

As citizens of Pakistan, it is the right of any Geo employee to criticize any government official.

I wish people of Pakistan knows " freedom of choice". And media should able to differentiate between " news" and " rumor". A rumor can't be news and news can't be rumor, a good ethical duty of journalist to judge the lines on given spectrum of society.

Can you give me some examples of "rumors" spread by Geo?

Any political or social speculation with authentication is form of rumor. Example is Geo's capital talk run by Hamid Mir. Has so many cases, which he been defending Baitullah Mesud, but we all know and see the facts.

Any political or social speculation with authentication is form of rumor. Example is Geo's capital talk run by Hamid Mir. Has so many cases, which he been defending Baitullah Mesud, but we all know and see the facts.

All news channels all over the world carry programs which have political and social speculation. That's their purpose, to discuss what might happen or what is happening behind the scenes, so that their viewers may be aware of the various permutations and combinations.

Basically what you are saying is the news channels should not say anything except what has already happened, and that too with "responsibility" (in other words, approved by the government). You must be a great fan of PTV's khabarnama at 9'o clock ;)

The old days when government could feed propoganda to the masses through controlled media are gone my friend, whether you like it or not. The truth always comes out now, one way or the other. So it's best if the government doesn't embarrass itself infront of the whole world and give our country a bad name by taking draconian measures against a free press.

What film did they show? The Message, a flim about the beginnings of Islam, shows plenty of his companions. So what? Are you dropping to your knees and worshipping the screen? Do you not realize they are merely actors portraying the early Muslims? Whats the big deal?

if "The Message" was right then why there were so many protests against that cartoonist of Denmark newspaper all over the muslim world????

Just because the judiciary was powerless back in 99 does not mean things should always remain the same. It is the responsibility of all of us to ensure the law of the land is respected and military rulers don't arbitrarily fire Supreme court judges.

atleast give that credit to Musharraf that he empowered judiciary.

why western media doesnt show the pictures of American soldiers ho died in Iraq and afghanistan??

I thought it was already on the air. Whats so different now?

its on cable now - earlier (from 3rd Nov) it was available on satellite dish. but for how long - guys like Hamid Mir are too baised in favour of taliban / al-qaeda / lal-masjid etc.

its on cable now - earlier (from 3rd Nov) it was available on satellite dish. but for how long - guys like Hamid Mir are too baised in favour of taliban / al-qaeda / lal-masjid etc.

They are not in favour of Taliban but they are in favour of creating anarchy in the country!

If you think they will give up the quest for democracy, if you think they will stop criticizing the government for what it does wrong, you are mistaken. Geo is the first true news channel in Pakistan, and I'm proud of them for telling the truth, no matter what.

I support a free press, no matter what the news channel is saying it is their right under free speech to say it.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire

More like quest for chaos. Its easy for people to sit abroad and talk about "freedom of choice". The fact is that when you have a population of illiterates in the majority, the last thing you want is a news channel spreading biased information and creating a sense of instability. There's a difference between objectively criticizing the government and politically biased misinformation. Geo News did not follow an objective method and displayed a complete lack of ethical journalism.

I still remember the last few minutes of Geo when they were ordered to shutdown. That clown Dr. shahid masood was whining about the whole affair and asked a reporter about his opinions. The reporter actually let slip that often times Geo's chaotic and negative reporting often caused Pakistanis living abroad such panic that they would call home. But when they would their relatives would have to assure them that things weren't falling apart in Pakistan and everything was fine.

That conversation basically summed up Geo News for me.

Hopefully they've learned something over their little vacation.

I didn't mean it. But our nation easily get exploited. And media knows how to manipulate the situation just to sell the news. I rarely see on media " country interest first". Terrorism is loud and clear problem in Pakistan, but some channel show this problem like foreign export and nothing less.
We are victim of terrorism, what else left to defend.

Back
Top Bottom