What's new

Generator recommendation?

Strike X

Reaction score
I am going to Pakistan soon and my generator is not working anymore. It is over 7 years old! It can run on Gas and Petrol.

I want to buy a new generator, my budget is around 150,000 Pakistan Rupees. I am looking for around 9kw or more this time and run on Gas/Petrol.

I currently have:

Rated Output 6.0kw
Peak Output 7.0kw

See Image: https://i.imgur.com/Cb5BPFy.jpg

Which Generator would you recommend?

I am going to Pakistan soon and my generator is not working anymore. It is over 7 years old! It can run on Gas and Petrol.

I want to buy a new generator, my budget is around 150,000 Pakistan Rupees. I am looking for around 9kw or more this time and run on Gas/Petrol.

I currently have:

Rated Output 6.0kw
Peak Output 7.0kw

go for a branded honda buy it from authorized dealer you cannot go wrong

honda would be nice but it is too expensive, that would cost more than £2000 and less than 6.0kw what I currently have.

House is empty most of the time, not it is not worth spending that much at the moment.

You should purchase 1300 cc car engine converted into generator .....
It will run in gas .

It can bear load of 6 split AC., Refrigerator etc .

But ur gas bill will be 30 thousands if u operate more than 10 hours in a day...

It is better than all of local made generators. U should purchase if u r financially good.

I currently have:

Rated Output 6.0kw
Peak Output 7.0kw

My suggestion, why dont you put up a series of solar panels + battery bank (28v); i have put up a series of panels - generating around 15kw on full peak and storing up 20kw in a huge battery bank; then running off it. I also have a small wind turbine to supplement.

You should purchase 1300 cc car engine converted into generator .....
It will run in gas .

It can bear load of 6 split AC., Refrigerator etc .

But ur gas bill will be 30 thousands if u operate more than 10 hours in a day...

It is better than all of local made generators. U should purchase if u r financially good.
lol, 1300cc engine running 6 split ACs on Gas? good luck my friend.....if you have personal experience with it, i am all open to ear it as that might help me to enhance mine's efficiency too....

My suggestion, why dont you put up a series of solar panels + battery bank (28v); i have put up a series of panels - generating around 15kw on full peak and storing up 20kw in a huge battery bank; then running off it. I also have a small wind turbine to supplement.
problem is the cost of setting up that system.
The budget he has, he can only get a small system of running few fans & lights.....
I have 15kW system set at home with 18 panels, a Hybrid unit,6 batteries.....this costed us 650k rs+ ....and all the work was done by ourself ....a home build unit

I currently have:

Rated Output 6.0kw
Peak Output 7.0kw

try getting a generator build on 1600cc Toyota engine....engine is 1.6L 4afe....they couple it up with 12kW Motor, you can get 15kW motor too but that will put more load on 1.6L engine.......its best to have 15kW motor on a 2.2ltr engine.....

these generators are coming with Automatic Switch Over boxes so when the light gets out, engine starts automatically and switches over to the generator power......

I currently have:

Rated Output 6.0kw
Peak Output 7.0kw

Sorry I'm not from Pakistan, but after reading your few comments I have a question, why are you buying a generator for domestic purpose. I guess an inverter should work for you, it is way too cheap and handy. :-)

Sorry I'm not from Pakistan, but after reading your few comments I have a question, why are you buying a generator for domestic purpose. I guess an inverter should work for you, it is way too cheap and handy. :-)
Inverters are not capable of running air-conditioning. If you want then initial investment is high for Inverters running air-conditioning .

Solar panels are everywhere in Pakistan now thanks to the Chinese and no tax on them either.

Inverters are not capable of running air-conditioning. If you want then initial investment is high for Inverters running air-conditioning .

Ain't it a bad idea to run AC's during power outage. It can be switched on when the power is back, until then our old friend fan can used. :-)

lol, 1300cc engine running 6 split ACs on Gas? good luck my friend.....if you have personal experience with it, i am all open to ear it as that might help me to enhance mine's efficiency too....

Sorry for my wrong estimation.

.. it would be 3 split ACs on gas on 1300cc engine .

We have Cummins 12.5 kw and a Cat 12.0 kw backup generators, my father got through one his friends who imports heavy machinery. But after installing solar panels on all of the rooftop, we 28 kw installed solar power which sufficiently covers the needs for all our home appliances and thus the grid connection is redundant and we have enough backup in the night as well..Generators are seldom used. (Ref. Location near Multan so a lot of sun and clear sky).

@Strike X , how long are going to stay? and you are buying it as a backup right? then buy one that has a higher efficiency so you can keep the monthly fuel cost to a reasonable..BTW if you are staying for a longer duration then install a solar panels..though initial cost is high but it will be economical in the long run depending on the location of your city.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom