What's new

General Thoughts on Cruise Missile Tech

hi,
wow the mods have really toned you down haven't they.

Why not Pakistan members can speak anything they want in PDF, afterall its their forum. And I cannot speak against them otherwise, series of questions and allegations are put over me, and if I answer as a response, it will be reported as offtopic and derailment, so better keep quiet rather been ban from even from the Indian section.

BTW how are you and how is liffe going , haven't seen you for quiete long time. Don't you come to any Indian section. Its pitty i am ban from pakistani section.

because tomahawks crashed in Afghanistan they were brought into pakistan and reverse engineered and they were sent to china as well. it may be as simple as a reverse engineering the William's f107 engine(what the tomahawk is powered by) and using it on the Babur. or it may have a Chinese engine which may have been influenced from the al-55.

The stucture of the Tomhawk was designed to be distroyed if it crashed landed, one possibility is that it crashed on some water body like lake, pond or river. Still its difficult to design powerplant copying the original in such small period.
China purchased various IPRs and weapons from Ukraine and the possibility to purchase the whole blue print's or copy design probability is more than the tomahawk.

where as the raid a lcm may be powered by an engine variant what powered the mupsow, but is made completely in pakistan.

William F107 engine
williams-f-107-jpg.266095

How are you so sure @deterrant says no imformation available regarding powerplant.

Sir, with respect i want to say that is it possible to calculate the range with the NPO Saturn's powerplant rating/ configuration.

And Sir, can you answer amit mishra's query about any CEMIAC equivalent entity in pakistan for the certification.
It might be possible, but I do not have any authority on this subject. I'm afraid I don't know about CEMIAC equivalent in Pakistan either.

It might be possible, but I do not have any authority on this subject. I'm afraid I don't know about CEMIAC equivalent in Pakistan either.
Thank you for your kind response Sir.

And one request for lifting ban on me from going to Pakistani sections too, because I cannot visit threads e.g this

Comprehensive Military Power: World's Top 10 Militaries of 2015 (from a Russian-American analyst)
THAAD System could be Vulnerable to Chinese Missiles: Report

because the poster have posted in pakistani defense section.

Why not Pakistan members can speak anything they want in PDF, afterall its their forum. And I cannot speak against them otherwise, series of questions and allegations are put over me, and if I answer as a response, it will be reported as offtopic and derailment, so better keep quiet rather been ban from even from the Indian section.

BTW how are you and how is liffe going , haven't seen you for quiete long time. Don't you come to any Indian section. Its pitty i am ban from pakistani section.
well put, i do the same but i make it as if the post is neutral. obviously pakistanis and indians are not exactly the best of friends so i can understand the wave of criticism against you. i have noticed i have not seen you around the pakistan section. for indian defense i go to a indian forum for that. i do occasionally go there from time to time, but i mainly spend most of my time either on the pakistani chinese and europe and russia sections. i have opened a few good threads there.

The stucture of the Tomhawk was designed to be distroyed if it crashed landed, one possibility is that it crashed on some water body like lake, pond or river. Still its difficult to design powerplant copying the original in such small period.
China purchased various IPRs and weapons from Ukraine and the possibility to purchase the whole blue print's or copy design probability is more than the tomahawk.
yes once the missiles crashes the warhead does detonate but quiet a lot of missiles crashed and did not detonate. it is possible that the babur may have been influenced by the Ukrainian cm's, but what would you prefer US tech or soviet?
when you reverse engineer something its likely that what your trying to replicate is damaged, if you can't replicate it you then use subsections from other similar engines to complete it. i have not seen cm engines for either the raid or babur. but what I'm saying is logic towards getting the best possible solution so it would be likely.

crashed tomahawk
notice how on the second image how the engines is intact and RE it will be quiet easy
5538065443_7eeae22bbe_b.jpg

mu-tomahawk04.jpg

How are you so sure @deterrant says no imformation available regarding powerplant.
yes there is no info on the engine, what I'm saying is theory and a almost certain likelyhood.

We have supersonic cruise missiles. Pakistan has subsonic cruise missiles. India is far ahead in missile technology. In fact Pakistan does not have GPS navigation on any of its missile.

Unless you have graduated top of the dumbest class ever you should know that no Cruise missile can work without an effective GPS and Tercom/Dsmac systems. Inertial Navigation is a secondary navigation system in any cruise missile. Pakistan has access to Beidou 1 and 2 satellite signal along with others as well. Do some research before crapping all over the thread.

We have supersonic cruise missiles. Pakistan has subsonic cruise missiles. India is far ahead in missile technology. In fact Pakistan does not have GPS navigation on any of its missile.
Actually Russia developed indian supersonic cruise missile but it is not functional and it is too heavy so it can't be carried by many of IAF airplanes because of being heavy, a lot of problems with engines and too large CEP to be qualified as a cruise missile. Cruise does not need to be supersonic due to being stealth and very low level of flight that evades all the radars. Why india is now developing a subsonic cruise missile nirbhoy.....a copy of Pakistani cruise missile ....so why this step backwards?.... Because it took indian scientist a lot of time and money to learn what is a cruise missile.

Yes Pakistani missiles have inertial navigation. But it is old technology. Fact is Pakistan is banned from using modern satellite based navigation system for its missiles.

The Chinese Beidou System is avialable, and if the GPS and Glonass systems are not avialable; Pakistan could use those

also; Pakistan should look to use the Stealth Hawk coating technology to build a stealthier cruise missile; something like the AGM-129 (its stealth characteristics make it far more survivable)

Raytheon AGM-129 ACM

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom