What's new

General Motors Is Headed For Bankruptcy -- Again

GM would already be in bankruptcy if it wasnt for china.
china is the largest market for GM.

China is not the only large market for GM:

chevrolets-worldwide-sales-performance-in-2011_100379024_l.jpg

==============================

GMSales by vcheng552000, on Flickr

===============================

GM Is No. 1 In The World Again In Auto Sales - Forbes

It is data of 2008.

From wikipedia

"The top two markets of GM in 2011 were the United States, with 2,503,820 vehicles sold, and China, with 2,547,203 units."

Last year GM sold more than 2.5 million vehicles in China, and this year it will reach 3 million, almost 30% of GM total sales .

GM sales in China grow from 1 million vehicles to nearly 3 million in four years.
That's why someone said China save GM.

It is data of 2008.

From wikipedia

"The top two markets of GM in 2011 were the United States, with 2,503,820 vehicles sold, and China, with 2,547,203 units."

Last year GM sold more than 2.5 million vehicles in China, and this year it will reach 3 million, almost 30% of GM total sales .

GM sales in China grow from 1 million vehicles to nearly 3 million in four years.
That's why someone said China save GM.

The first image has 2011 data for Chevrolet, a GM brand.

My point is that while China is an important and rapidly growing market for GM no doubt, it is not the only major market. It only proves that millions across the world buy enough GM products to make it one the top manufacturers, not just the dumb fat Umreekans. :D

It looks suspiciously similar to Opel Insignia and due to Opel being owned by GM it would not surprise me if the car would be designed in Germany.

2011-buick-excelle-gt-0.jpg

SetWidth790-2011-12-05Opel-Insignia-BiTurbo.jpg

Well only Opel designed GM cars look good. Rest of them is just crap. The design and quality of interiors isn't good at all.

I miss Aryan_B, since he stopped posting the anti-American threads have lacked any zing...and the Chinese have not managed to fill his shoes. As far as GM, search the thread for Presidential security...the Iranian President rides GM.

This is the US market 2012 Buick Lacrosse:

Buick LaCrosse-7057 by vcheng552000, on Flickr

Buick LaCrosse-7069 by vcheng552000, on Flickr

Buick LaCrosse-7052 by vcheng552000, on Flickr

Buick LaCrosse-7053 by vcheng552000, on Flickr
I used to have an 80's Buick Skylark...never so much as changed the oil. You could not kill that car! Finaly a girlfriend parked it in the wrong place and got it towed...when they told me it would be around 1800 dollars to get it back (California...damned thieves)..I told them they had got themselves a new car.

We prefer German cars over other countries. The overall best selling foreign brand in China is Volkswagen, not GM. Out of the big 3 US automakers, Chrysler should be down the drains long time ago. US is not a pure market economy. Its government intervenes a lot of times in failing companies; and permanently in Agriculture. The US auto union is stronger than the us government. GM will not go down as it should be. Obama is not the reason. Even when Romney is elected, he will also bail GM out

I miss Aryan_B, since he stopped posting the anti-American threads have lacked any zing...and the Chinese have not managed to fill his shoes. As far as GM, search the thread for Presidential security...the Iranian President rides GM.

we dont need to fill anyone's shoes. take it or leave it.

Perhaps you want more of your own kind cheerleaders whose performance on PDF will never make you despair!

Most of Chinese don't like Chevrolet, because people think it's logo is unlucky.

the best selling GM cars in China are Buick

People saying american cars are ugly have not seen much cares ford mustang *cough*

I've been in one. I've also been in a Ferrari, so I can compare designs.

Ferraris are exotic cars, anywhere from three to ten times the price of a Corvette, and comparable to other exotics such as Lamborghinis, which have huge and frequent maintenance costs. Corvettes are intended as everyday cars that offer excellent performance for the money, without imposing too much upon its owner.

Look up the price of an oil change or a routine service visit on any recent Ferrari model and compare to that of a Vette if interested. Corvettes are meant for their own market which they target very well, and do not compete with Ferraris. It is like comparing a Toyota Camry with a Rolls-Royce Phantom.

Entirely different market.

Back
Top Bottom