What's new

General Cricket thread

mustafizur is a promising bowler, but let us wait sometime before comparing with past greats. he should get faster and better with time, but for me, his actual test would come in 5 day format against quality batsman and in testing conditions. hope he does well for Bangladesh.
Test Cricket is real Cricket. No wonder we see the real battle between bat and bowl, its a true test of temperament. Agreed with the analysis. I hate the comparisons.
About bold part: 1. as if he just played 1 series only, He has been consistent almost 1 and half years.
and tell you some technical aspects:
2. To read someone's bowling variation, batsman check wrist position and his wrist position remain same all the time. All batsman are now doing is just guessing.
3. even if batsman pick his cutter, he has different speed oriented cutter. from mid 130 kmph to 110 kmph.
if that was so easy then left spinners would not get much wickets after few matches. Just tell you a perspective, his cutter is like a spinner with excellent spin bowing around 120 kmph, that is why batsman are getting fked up.
I am not doubting his abilities, i myself have followed him. He is a great bowler. Like all unusual bowlers who create hype when they get started, same will happen to his cutters. Mark my words. Though, being a quality bowler he will learn a few more tricks to survive. Batsmen read a bowler after some time, T20 cricket is not made for Bowlers-period.
PS: Wrist position cannot remain the same all the time with a cutter or any other variation.
4. he also started swinging (he is still learning)
Swing, Reverse Swing, will help in the longer format.
and finally i don't compare with him to anyone, he is creating own like others did.
I never said you are. You know what i am talking about...
he already destroyed SA batting line up in 1st Test he played
Good. Consistency is needed with performance under tough conditions and against just as strong batting line-ups. I love the hype surrounding him, he is a good prospect. Bangladeshi fans shouldn't compare him with the Legends. Or even any other bowler, let his performance speak for itself. It's the same as hype surrounding Amir.

Amir is going to get better and will bowl in the 150's consistently in coming times. It should be a good development to see.

He is a great bowler. Like all unusual bowlers who create hype when they get started, same will happen to his cutters. Mark my words.
ahahaha I know the cutter is giving you hard time to understand but when you are asking to mark your word, keep it mind that if his cutters becomes uneffective, then all left arm spinners will be come ineffective :D

Mustafizur Rahman... bring him on. I have not clocked him as being a big threat, but test matches are the ultimate proving grounds for such bowlers. Its going to be a good summer gentlemen.

A great pity that James Taylor cannot play cricket any more due to illness, he could have been the opener alongside Cook that England have been waiting for.

ahahaha I know the cutter is giving you hard time to understand but when you are asking to mark your word, keep it mind that if his cutters becomes uneffective, then all left arm spinners will be come ineffective :D
You are not getting my point. Watch the Malingas and almost every bowler-he will not be as effective as he is now. I will wait for it to happen. Being in the mix, he will counter that space with pace and swing(he will bowl at 145 at one point and please remember me when you see that). These tricks are usually picked in a season. His cutter is effective because of the disguise, more often than not it will be effective. My point was that he will have to work on pace, anything below 140 is just ordinary, you have got to bowl at 145KPH and plus consistently. That is my opinion.
Mustafizur Rahman... bring him on. I have not clocked him as being a big threat, but test matches are the ultimate proving grounds for such bowlers. Its going to be a good summer gentlemen.

A great pity that James Taylor cannot play cricket any more due to illness, he could have been the opener alongside Cook that England have been waiting for.
I was a big fan of James Taylor, he was becoming a good player in the middle order. With all the bullying and etc, etc he gave the Aussies a tough time. Did good against us in the UAE. We are coming this summer, should be a cracker of a series. Watch out for our Fast Bowlers. Amir, Wahab, Rahat, Adil, and then there is Yasir Shah...It's going to be a good contest.

Not as effective, Spin bowlers have better record compared to Pacers in T20. Consistency is what drops.

England is going to face him in October, brace yourself lol
My point was that he will have to work on pace, anything below 140 is just ordinary, you have got to bowl at 145KPH and plus consistently. That is my opinion.
wrong, all excellent pace bowlers were not 140+kmph

Last edited:
i got your point but stop giving so much importance on speed
Why should anyone give less importance to speed. Why is Starc literally unplayable when he is swinging the ball? its the late swing at pace, same swing at lesser pace will not be as deadly as swing with pace. Come on bro, this is common sense. That's what i am trying to say here. He will grow in pace overtime and will be more deadly. Let's wait and watch the transaction...

Sometimes pure speed will do the trick, but there are plenty of batsmen out there who can deal with just speed. Root certainly can. The Wall (Rahul Dravid, one of the most intelligent commentators on cricket in the world today) could certainly deal with pace.

Starc as someone mentioned, is unplayable due to speed and swing. All the greatest of fast bowlers swung it. Anderson can be unplayable too. Broad, when he is up for it, can destroy an innings rapidly. Plunkett is a good bowler, but not of the standard of Broad or Anderson. I am open minded at the moment about Stokes. He is well on to become a legend, but he has a long way to go. I hope that the four sixes he got belted for from a mediocre batsman in the T20 final has wound him up sufficiently to go mental on the teams he is to face.

England has to face Sri Lanka first. I am glad that Malinga is retiring. His action was the ugliest of any bowler I have ever seen. I know his action was legal. It was still horrible. I would also have held him down and cut his hair.

mustafizur is a promising bowler, but let us wait sometime before comparing with past greats. he should get faster and better with time, but for me, his actual test would come in 5 day format against quality batsman and in testing conditions. hope he does well for Bangladesh.

Hard to fathom, people are comparing him with Wasim Akram. He was an artist with the ball. Every cricket lover knows and respects Wasim, he is a household name in all cricket nations and an outright legend. There are couple of white folks in my work area reckon, if you don't like Wasim Akram, you don't like cricket. If this Mustafizur guy finds out people comparing him to Wasim, he may die of embarrassment.

Why should anyone give less importance to speed. Why is Starc literally unplayable when he is swinging the ball? its the late swing at pace, same swing at lesser pace will not be as deadly as swing with pace. Come on bro, this is common sense. That's what i am trying to say here. He will grow in pace overtime and will be more deadly. Let's wait and watch the transaction...
Hard to fathom, people are comparing him with Wasim Akram. He was an artist with the ball. Every cricket lover knows and respects Wasim, he is a household name in all cricket nations and an outright legend. There are couple of white folks in my work area reckon, if you don't like Wasim Akram, you don't like cricket. If this Mustafizur guy finds out people comparing him to Wasim, he may die of embarrassment.
After today's match
13092178_1214878478542871_4328766270256542105_n.jpg

13094113_986607284749132_8644900460483261084_n.jpg

David Warner reportedly told during ongoing IPL, that Mustafizur told him that he has language problems, but the way coaching staff and his team mates are rallying around and supporting him, should do him a lot of good.
I'm quite sure he will come out as a much better bowler after his stint with Sunrisers.

Nice to see. I still think it's a bad idea to go with him in the death overs, have him open the bowling; that way he will take wickets up-front and the score will never get to big one. I think they are using him as a death bowler, which is also a good tactic.

For me Tim Southee has been the best bowler in the IPL, those out swingers....And being able to bowl them with the semi-new ball(Against the SRH). Reminded me of that spell against England in 2015 World cup. What a good bowler.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom