What's new

General Cricket thread

1497569_1004883459605197_4794708509246310055_n.jpg
Is bandar ko to ham ny famous hi kr diya hy....LOL

The other thread is closed, so taking the observation you made about Aamir. Well most Asian batsmen are not very confident against swing and when you can get to do that at 90+ miles per hour pace on good lines, well good luck to batsman.
I recall Wasim's interview (during last IPL i guess) and he mentioned that these days bowlers tend to reduce pace in order to be effective (read lower economy rates) but given rules these days, it means half a surrender. Similar observation was once made by Tony Grieg when he sited example of West Indian Pace battery of Holding, Garner, Marshal et al, those guys never sacrificed pace.
One striking thing about Aamir's spell yesterday was that he didn't bowl short stuff, instead used swing available. For comparison earlier when India was playing Australia, Shaun tait bowled at similar speeds (90-95 mph) but on truer surface, same Indian batting lineup whacked him all around.
At this moment, Aamir is bowling like a dream, i hope for connoisseurs sake, he keeps fit.

12764493_939491666129296_2979948032351139166_o.jpg

Kohli already has a lot of fans here, made more i guess. Amir needs a series or two(needs Test Cricket) to perfect his swing and accuracy. I feel he has the potential of clocking 155 Kph, if a bowler can bowl at 150 consistently and swing it. He becomes a real asset. Look at Starc for example, how good is he?

i already has a lot of fans here, made more i guess. Amir needs a series or two(needs Test Cricket) to perfect his swing and accuracy. I feel he has the potential of clocking 155 Kph, if a bowler can bowl at 150 consistently and swing it. He becomes a real asset. Look at Starc for example, how good is he?

I watched his bowling, and believe me it was one of those spells which i would remember for a long time......But you know what, unknowingly everyone is putting pressure on this lad, and he will be under pressure to repeat this in the next game, and we all know how we south Asians treat our cricketers.... The distance from hero to zero is "a Ball" .....

I watched his bowling, and believe me it was one of those spells which i would remember for a long time......But you know what, unknowingly everyone is putting pressure on this lad, and he will be under pressure to repeat this in the next game, and we all know how we south Asians treat our cricketers.... The distance from hero to zero is "a Ball" .....
He has always had a fan following that has supported him. He has actually earned the support back, did that in New Zealand, bowled beautifully. But i totally agree with you, there will be days where he will be taken to the cleaners. Over expectations lead to disappointment; this guy has a tendency not to disappoint. Hope he does well. First bowl to Rohit was absolutely unplayable.

Over expectations lead to disappointment; this guy has a tendency not to disappoint

I hope so.... He has the talent, Consistency is one thing which we need to look, But bowing this well after a ban is commendable....

First bowl to Rohit was absolutely unplayable.

His first over was almost unplayable..... But i think next game it would be totally different rohit infront of him, Rohit did not have the time to react or adjust, and i get a feel that Indians were not expecting this...... It will be interesting to see the finals if at all both qualify....

His first over was almost unplayable..... But i think next game it would be totally different rohit infront of him, Rohit did not have the time to react or adjust, and i get a feel that Indians were not expecting this...... It will be interesting to see the finals if at all both qualify....
Pitches should be adjusted, balance them. Final should be good, we need the batting to fire.

Pitches should be adjusted, balance them. Final should be good, we need the batting to fire.
Nice point, these days people flock stadiums to see batsman power hitting daylights out of bowlers and that is quite unfair. I mean you have a green pitch offering seam movement or a bouncy track and people already start complaining. This is not how a competitive sports should be played. Bowlers are part of game after all!
& important thing here is that a batsman would rather enjoy scoring 40-50 runs in such testing conditions rather than scoring a big hundred on flat track. In my memory most exciting encounters have been the low scoring ones and most memorable innings, even if in losing cause have come on trying conditions like Sachin's 137 in a loosing cause in 1999 test against Pakistan in Chennai on a rank turner against Saqlain and Mustaq Ahmed (argubly the best spinners of that time). Kohli's inning must rank pretty close to that.
As for final i'm sure, we will get to see a bald pitch and a high scoing encounter surely between whoever makes it to summit clash.

In my memory most exciting encounters have been the low scoring ones and most memorable innings, even if in losing cause have come on trying conditions like Sachin's 137 in a loosing cause in 1999 test against Pakistan in Chennai on a rank turner against Saqlain and Mustaq Ahmed (argubly the best spinners of that time).
I remember Saqlain in an interview talking about that test and how tough it was, talked about how tough it was to get Sachin out and how he lined him up. Saqlain was a bowler who is in a class of his own, guy invented the Doosra on his rooftop, sensational. These days we have Ajay Jadeja with Saqlain and Rashid Latif on PTV, great show. One of the best really.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom