What's new

Gen Kayani has a dream – of free, fair elections

“We are no more saying that Pakistan wants a friendly government in Afghanistan. We want a peaceful and durable political dispensation in Afghanistan,” Gen Kayani said. “Once you have a stable and peaceful government there, Kabul will certainly have friendly relations with Islamabad.”

A general democrat: Gen Kayani has a dream

Giving up on trying to install a "friendly" Afghan government is a huge change in policy that would suggest that the Army may be giving up support of its preferred factions within Afghanistan, if true.

However, Pakistan cannot assume that a government installed in Kabul after 2014 will be friendly towards Pakistan. How can the leaders forget that that the only country to oppose Pakistan's entry into the United Nations in 1947 will still try to reach arrangements with India and not Pakistan, unless Pakistan continues to try and ensure that it is able to install its own "friendlies" in Kabul after 2014?

These two statements do not mesh well with each other at all.

There is no harm in dreaming Gen. Kayani because your dream will stay a dream, in the end it is Pakistan Military which will have to step in to save Pakistan from these corrupt & incompetent politicians once again.

Sir please don't make such assumptions. We can't imagine what sort of pressures Gen Kiyani has went through even before he was appointed as an Army Chief....who knows??? :unsure:
he was ADC to BB, all his dreams, were made by BB thats the truth, & he has his hands dirty in this mess, best way for him to leave army as soon as possible & keep his dirty dreams on his bed?
enough is enough, while he was having his night party with top journalists(black maillers) of the country, nataion was suffereing from a country wide, blackout???
thats what it meant for a poor pakistani , damocrazy after 67 years?

Last elections were conducted under a military dictatorship, therefore a sham!

Now elections conducted by Zardari and his hand picked judiciary, will be acceptable for you?

Mind you, Musharraf was not a dictator... dictator are people like Bashar ul Asad, Ahmedi Nejad... who rigg elections and later crush people like Nazis.

Musharraf, did not made any corruption... what kind of dictator was he? He is defending indian allegations on Pakistan... while your foreign office is sitting in indian lap!

For your information, Musharraf resigned... while he has large political support.. he was pressurized by political parties and media in the name of lal masjid and corrupt CJ.

He was a dictator, who pardoned every one and offered re-conciliation.
Do i need to remind more?

If your Imran Khan deliver 50% of what Musharraf delivered... i will say i was wrong.

1$=50PKR don't forget... this is bench mark now perform better than Musharraf.

Military had no role in conducting elections.

Now elections conducted by Zardari and his hand picked judiciary, will be acceptable for you?

yes sure, thats why IK allways found sleeping on the election day?
BTW did you know a name kamran kiyani? a un heard partnerr of MR bahriya?
a big scandle, which brought this dirty dream in our genrl,s eyes?;):lol::whistle:

yes sure, thats why IK allways found sleeping on the election day?
BTW did you know a name kamran kiyani? a un heard partnerr of MR bahriya?
a big scandle, which brought this dirty dream in our genrl,s eyes?;):lol::whistle:

All i can say... i can believe you :agree:

All i can say... i can believe you :agree:

Just belive me, even within forces,peoples pray for his retirment! & they want that damocrazy over soon?
Just today,a naval officer got shot in karachi, he was one of investigators who,hve been preparing a report on mehran naval base attack?
Navay is denied that, as normal bt how many dead soilders this damocrazy & its saviour genrl wants?
Bt our genrls,day dreaming let us down?
& we pakistanis don't want these crazy & croupt dreams,been completed on the lives of great patriotic soilders & civilians?

@Solomon2 Pakistan is a civilian dictatorship run by morons, allied to the capital hill instead of Islamabad. Pakistan Army will not and should not accept accountability from them until Pakistan becomes a real organic democracy.
How can Pakistan become a "real organic democracy" when elected officials can't exert operational control over the armed forces? It can't. The P.A. has to let go and risk having civilian government fail once more, as it did in the fifties. (Of course, nowadays that situation could be corrected by prompt elections.)

and this underscores that you are a pompous know it all who knows nothing and has learnt nothing.....
Mind your own ******* business, we don't need any lectures from people of a police state.
If all you can throw are insults or compliments then you have conceded to me, your opponent. Take a page from Aeronaut: he lists reasons, even if they are very bad ones. His is a much more elegant and educational way to endorse your opponent when social convention prevents you from doing so openly than un-illuminating insult.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Solomon2 Because the elected officials came through a notorious deal brokered by the US called the national reconciliation order and that the last elections were held under musharraf and were not free nor fair.

@Solomon2 Pakistan is a civilian dictatorship run by morons, allied to the capital hill instead of Islamabad. Pakistan Army will not and should not accept accountability from them until Pakistan becomes a real organic democracy.

Had Pakistan Army accepted accountability and subservience at the formation of Pakistan, had it not removed the democratically elected leaders, Pakistan would have had civilian elected leaders who are far better than the ones present now.

The fault lies entirely on Pakistan Army, and they did it to further their greed and interests.

Had Pakistan Army accepted accountability and subservience at the formation of Pakistan, had it not removed the democratically elected leaders, Pakistan would have had civilian elected leaders who are far better than the ones present now.

The fault lies entirely on Pakistan Army, and they did it to further their greed and interests.

What happened in the past is irrelevant now, i do favor civilian control over the military but only a truly democratic govt can exert such a control i-e Turkey.

What happened in the past is irrelevant now, i do favor civilian control over the military but only a truly democratic govt can exert such a control i-e Turkey.

Why is the past irrelevant. Pakistan Army is the sole reason why this entire sham of a process started in Pakistan.

And today again, the situation is same - as long as the Pakistan Army does not become subservient to civilian control, the civilian leaders would not get the space to evolve - which they do once after every 5 years in office.

How can Pakistan become a "real organic democracy" when elected officials can't exert operational control over the armed forces? It can't. The P.A. has to let go and risk having civilian government fail once more, as it did in the fifties. (Of course, nowadays that situation could be corrected by prompt elections.)

the "elected" were "chosen" with a 40-50% false voter list; they have never held intra party elections; none of their "electables" has even done an honest days work even as a politician -local bodies progressing to district then provincial and finally national [even allowing only 2 year terms at each level that means at least 10 years in politics before they can even think of national politics]; they have always used bureaucracy, police, to influence politics and spread government funds [so called development funds or outright theft called "discretionary" funds]...

as for "Army" the takeovers were only when the politicians appointed chiefs with dishonest intentions and ulterior motives [to allow them their unlimited chance to loot the country---ayub, yahya, zia, pervez all were not eligible according to set rules....they were only appointed because their benefactors hoped to have a free hand to continue the loot---notice when the politicos [read robber barons] were at loggerheads and the eligible candidates became chief by default, no coups --witness kakar and karamat....

you seem to like the "politicos" because they are the vestiges of the colonial rule and continue to serve their masters --note all their looted wealth is "invested"--where????? the so called insults were not insults they are statements of fact given your comments over time in this forum.....you seem to think that what you think is best is right--it's not your opinion but a fact and any opposing view is wrong.....

I think I am right for the aforementioned reasons but I may be wrong....
the prophet Solomon had divine guidance--you do not......

@Solomon2 Because the elected officials came through a notorious deal brokered by the US called the national reconciliation order and that the last elections were held under musharraf and were not free nor fair.

sorry, but then it was same musharraf , who was in power, when PTI got into the power in 2002?
at tht time was everything was right?

There is no harm in dreaming Gen. Kayani because your dream will stay a dream, in the end it is Pakistan Military which will have to step in to save Pakistan from these corrupt & incompetent politicians once again.

Well said. Mr. Kayani has been DREAMING for almost six years but nothing has happened. What are the chances of my dream coming to be true If I dream orange to taste like apple. Historian will write his name as Pakistani Gorbachev who could do nothing after one additional full term ( extension is only for year or two). Any ways, he will have enough money in his U.S. coffers for rest of his life and generations to come.

Back
Top Bottom